Monday, June 11, 2007

mpm~june 11








This week is going to be a little different! Three of the kids are gone, Amanda is on her way to Canada this afternoon and Bailey & Emelia will be at camp all week. Emelia's neck is better so she is heading up in a bit. So, with just me, matt & iz our menu will be a little less interesting. The meatloaf is 3 pounds so it will at least work for two night and then some. The bean recipe is also pretty big so I am thinking two nights as well. Matt doesn't have a problem with leftovers, he actually prefers them sometimes. I have several recipes on the waiting list to try, maybe next week. I am also trying to watch it in the food area... I will post day two of the dieter's daily devotional at the end of my menu for those who want to read it.

Mondaygyros
salad
cucumber dressing

Tuesdaycrockpot meatloaf
rolls
corn on cob
salad

Wednesday
crockpot meatloaf
leftover....
broccoli
sourdough bread

Thursdaycrockpot 4 beans & sausage
cornbread

Friday
leftovers...



Here's the entry for Day 2 in the Dieter's daily devotional book I mentioned...

It is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. I Peter 1:16

Too often we think that holiness is merely a matter of the spirit. We feel that if we read our bible, pray regularly, and attend worship, we are being holy. But holiness requires that we tend to our physical health as well as our spiritual health. Early Christians realized they were more alert and better able to concentrate on God when they felt good. Tending to the body made them better at their spiritual pursuits. Dieting may make us look better, but it will also make us feel better, and it will enable us to pursue God in a deeper and more meaningful ways.

Todays thought: We please God when we try to be the best we can be.
Come back tomorrow for time travel tuesday... we will travel back to a favorite or memorable vacation!

26 comments:

Christi said...

Everything sounds great, as usual! Thanks for sharing the devotional too.

BTW, I tagged you for a meme, if you'd like to play along!

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE meatloaf!! Have a restful week with some of the kids gone.

Jenn said...

I have not had a gyro in years!! ENJOY!

Jenn

Cherie Nelson said...

I'm definitely going to have to try that crockpot meatloaf recipe. It sounds great & I LOVE to use my crockpot during the summer so it doesn't heat up my house like the oven does!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good week. The gyro recipe looks great!


MJ

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good week. The gyro recipe looks great!


MJ

Anonymous said...

I'm like Matt ~ Somedays, the leftovers are way better. Certian things taste so much better when the flavors settle in.

Your menu looks good this week. Glad Emelia is feeling better. I hope y'all enjoy your quiet week.

Betsy said...

It all looks great!

Anonymous said...

It all sounds so good...especially the gyros...must.try.those. ;)
Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments!
I think I'm going to ask the guys tonight about their favorite vacations and let them share through my blog :)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

The gyros sound sooooo good. I just need to figure out a way to make them gluten free. lol!!!

Mrs.T said...

Meat loaf is one of my favorites too! And those gyros sound delicious!!

Anonymous said...

I need to try that meat loaf. I forgot about it! I LOVE that 4 beans & sausage and it is on my menu this week! LOL! Great minds think alike.

Unknown said...

Leftovers are okay by me, too! I have saved the recipe for crockpot beans - I think that will be on my menu for next week :-) Thanks for stopping by again!

Melissa R. Garrett
http://www.LittleWoolgatherings.blogspot.com
http://www.TheSilverTongue.blogspot.com

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh wow, it will be quiet around your house all week, huh?! I bet that meatloaf is good, and we like that beans recipe. Nothing fancy, just good ole sloppy comfort food for us. My husband really likes it with the cornbread :)

Hope you have a great week!

gail@more than a song said...

Sounds like a quiet week at your house! I can't wait to try the meatloaf and hope I get to it if hubby isn't gone.
I've made the 4 beans & sausage several times and it's good! We have some pretty good recipes on the family site.

Susan said...

Annie - Hope you enjoy a semi- quiet week with the older kids away. So glad your daughter got her passport in time. What part of Canada are they going to? We are planning a trip to Nova Scotia.

G.P. said...

I love your menu and today's reflection. I shall hold onto that next weekend as my show horse Alle and I do our first show together

Hugs
GP in Montana

Eden said...

Everything on your menu looks absolutely deliscious! Thank you for stopping by. Also, your devotional was a blessing. Thank you for it.

Constance said...

Just stopping by to say hello, Annie ! Hope everyone has a good time, wherever they are this week !

Jenileigh said...

This is confirmation yet AGAIN for me. Please pray that I can make the decision to get on this wagon and stay on it Annie. I have been struggling with my weight, my health and to be bluntly honest plain ole glutony. Thank-you for the scripture and the revelation.

And for you, Way to GO!!

Renee said...

Your menu plan looks great as usual! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

This is my first time checking out your blog. I love the pictures coordinating with what's for dinner! I just may have to steal that idea!

Hope you have a quiet relaxing week!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Gyros!

Have a very blessed and peaceful week!

Sherry

Mandalyn said...

Thanks for posting the diet devotionals. I have just started trying to watch my weight...yet again... and the devotional you posted for yesterday helped me all day today!

Admin said...

Great menu! Enjoy your easy week.

Michelle said...

Thanks Annnie!!! You've given me a meatloaf recipe for the slow cooker ;-)