Sunday, June 10, 2007

weekend reflection








Family~

  • Amanda's passport came yesterday! I always say everything works for a reason... if we had been in dallas, no one would have been here to sign for it... (it was sent overnight). She is relieved.
  • Everyone was packed including us... and no trip to Dallas. It has been a busy weekend anyway, and we really enjoyed church last night. The lesson was about Storms in life and I always relate storms to Izzy's neurostorms. But, God has been faithful to bring us through a lot of 'storms' and I trust Him completely right now.
  • Bailey went to camp. I watched him get on the van for the trip. I will miss my little guy but pray he has a wonderful week at camp.
  • Emelia was supposed to be on that same van... yesterday at the park she was riding her scooter and it went out from under her. She fell flat on her back and it knocked the breath completely out of her. She was hysterical for a while and then it was better after lots of ice and heat. Well, this morning she woke up with a very sore stiff neck and shoulder. I couldn't send her to camp like that, so I'm keeping her home to watch her and when it is better we'll take her to camp (3 hours away).
  • Matt is 40 today!
  • Izzy went #2 on the real pottie last night. Matt so didn't want me to blog about that so I'm tucking it here in this list, but in my opinion it is a big deal and I am excited about it.
  • Amanda leaves tomorrow for Canada. She is so excited! I'm excited for her!
Kitchen~
  • I love my new little freezer! I bought a bunch of meat on sale the other day and made several bags of hamburger patties, made up a meatloaf and froze it that way, made gyros, I can't remember what else... but it is really nice to have all that room.
  • Letting everyone choose their meals worked great and someone (I think Gail) mentioned that she even let them help on their night so I did! That made it even better.
  • I'm trying to watch it in the calorie department... I bought a neat little book yesterday at Mardels that is called daily devotional for dieters. I thought about posting the devotionals on here each day... we'll see, but here is day one:
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? I Corinthians 6:19

As Christians, we believe that God dwells within us. Our bodi
es become His home, and it makes sense that we should try to make His surroundings as nice as possible. The temple of God in Israel was kept immaculately clean and pure. Only the most clean and holy of men were allowed to enter it. It was revered by all. The temple was the most holy and special place of all. When we are told that our bodies are the temple of God, it is not an option whether or not we will take care of it; it is a duty. When we care for our physical being, we are making God's temple a holy and special place.

Todays thought: We diet not only for ourselves, but for God!

Bloggville~
  • Well, there have been tons of contests going on including those pretty aprons over at Nan's. I didn't win one of them, can't believe that!
  • Got more good mail from Christi & Jenny! Love goodmail!
  • Sent out goodmail and bought stuff at Mardels to send out this week.
I'm thankful for~
  • God's faithfulness. There's no room for doubt when in faith. Think about when the storm came and Jesus was sleeping on the boat. HE wasn't stressed or doubting His safety... He simply took a rest. This reminds me to chill out and relax, God's got it covered.
  • My family. The kids are all scattering out this week and I will miss them. Mom had her 65 th birthday and I love her.
  • My friends. Let me tell you, I have some of the best!
  • You. Because you read my silliness and write the sweetest and most encouraging comments and never tell me you are bored. I have the best blog friends too!
One of my favorite blog friend's, Judi, is hosting the weekend reflections. You can sign up to participate over at her blog, Mommy of Two.

19 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

It's funny your church's message was about storms....our's was all about storms, too...we focused on Jonah.

Hope Emelia gets better soon!

I'm glad Amanda's passport came!

I'm sure Bailey will have a lot of fun.

I'm so excited that Izzy pooped on the potty!!! Big deal, I agree!

Melanie D. said...

Your faith inspires me. I love reading your blog, it always makes me feel peaceful. You are such a busy person and find time for God. Thanks for posting the diet devotional, I'll be back to see if you do more!!!

Jill said...

Hooray for the passport! Thanks for emailing me about good mail. I'll check it out in more detail later this evening. You're so busy, Annie... and so inspiring in your faith in the Lord.

Marcia Francois said...

Hi annie

I feel so sorry for Emelia falling...and missing camp. At least if she gets better quickly, you'll take her.

And I'm so relieved that Amanda's passport arrived. She's going to have such fun! This exact same thing happened on another blog I read. The husband's passport arrived the day before they had to leave too. That is far too stressful for me!

I also really enjoyed church this weekend and last - interesting, since coachJ posted her Honesty post, God's been really speaking to me. Or maybe since then, I'm really listening :)

Woohoo for Izzy on the potty - I am also excited for both of you.

And Happy Birthday, Matt!!! What did you do to celebrate?

Anonymous said...

Poor Emelia! I sure hope she feels better soon! No fun to be hurting *and* missing out on camp! What a good mom you are to drive her up there when she feels better.

Big news for Izzy! Men just don't understand those important things, do they?! LOL! I'm so proud of her! One more thing that she has now accomplished! Give her a hug for me!

Hope your Sunday afternoon is going well!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the passport arrived! And, while I know it is even a bigger deal for Izzy, I think all moms can relate to the joy of poop in the potty! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a better week and the new fridge is working wonderfully. Its funny how all things work out. I love it. Thanks for the happy week

Constance said...

Hugs to you and your beloved family, Annie !

Barb said...

Poor Emelia. I hope she feels a lot better really soon so she can enjoy camp, too.

Tell Matt it's OK - all us moms out here know what a big deal it is that Izzy did her thing. :-)

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi, I am new to this blogging stuff
and just started this last week!
I see that I am older then your Mother!! But that is Ok, I have a 50 year old and my youngest is 28!
She is a real blessing to me!
Kelly is a caregiver for my special needs daughter and me!
Love your blog spot!
Grams

Okie Food Traveler said...

Awesome weekend reflection! Sounds like things are going pretty good! Wish you all the best!

Kerri said...

Sounds like you had another busy week... as usual. I'm glad the passport arrived just in time. I hope that everyone has safe travels this week and that you aren't too lonely without all of them. Have a great week!

Johnny Ong said...

u r right on the temple of the holy spirit. after Solomon has built the temple and upon completion of his prayers, God dwells in it. u wldn't have invited Jesus to a filthy house, will u?

Susanne said...

Oh my I hope Emelia's neck and shoulder are feeling better quickly. I think you did the best thing letting her get better and miss a few days of camp. Better that than her going and then really wanting to be home.

Hurray, for the passport arriving. Isn't that something. God knew when it was going to come and made sure you were home! :v)

Happy Birthday to Matt!

Irene said...

Have a lovely week , Annie. Would you consider receiving good mail from me?
I am so glad about Izzy! You did so well to write about it. Of course it is important. Well done , girl. Kissing you tenderly.

Dena said...

WOW! I missed a lot this weekend! Poor Emelia - is she so sad?
Yeah for the passport and
WAY TO GO IZZY! That is hoopla worthy! Sorry you missed your trip but the longer I live the more I realize - God has a plan and I try to get out of the way and just enjoy the ride!

Shawna said...

Looks like a lot of travel for everyone. Hope everyone stays safe and that Emelia feels better and is able to go to camp.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Izzy! What a big accomplishment! Give her a squeeze for me. Happy B-Day to Matt! BIG 4-0! Whew! Thanks for participating every week. :)

Corrie said...

Hey Annie,
I am so glad to hear that the passport made it. I even heard on the news that they were having a back up with passport orders...I thought of you, of course.
Enjoy the peace in your home as some of the kids are off on their adventures. I always miss my kiddos, but am thankful for the time to clear my head a little. I so want to try the gyros. Yum! And, I'm with you...what an accomplishment for Izzy! That is awesome!!! Have a great week!