Saturday, June 16, 2007

diet devo ~ day seven

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13

A friend of mine who was dangerously overweight lamented to me once that she was "so fat that God wouldn't even recognize me as the person He created." She felt that her weight problems had driven a wedge between her and God. How sad. Nothing that we do ever really separates us from God, but when we feel badly about ourselves, we feel we are unloveable, even by God. It is important that we see ourselves as good people. God loves us no matter how we look, but He is delighted with us when we take pride in who He created us to be. God will bless our efforts, so we need draw as close to Him as possible as we attempt to diet.

Today's Thought: God loves us just as we are.


These devos are starting to really take seed inside me. I am excited for the first time in a long time about what the future holds regarding dieting rather than dreading dieting. Thank you God!

5 comments:

Mandalyn said...

Wow-I have felt that bad about myself before! I would love to start seeing myself as my Father sees me!

I have really taken to heart these devotions. My body is His temple and should be fed accordingly. I should take care of my body so that I can be a better servant for Him!

Thanks for sharing them! I'm going to try to find the book for myself!

Jenny said...

I feel that way about myself in my hubby's eyes. Thanks for sharing all of these Annie. Love you!

Mandalyn said...

Annie~You are very thoughtful! I would love for you to send me a book! Thank you for offering!!

Corrie said...

This was a good reminder of God's love for us, even when we don't really love ourselves!
Thanks for sharing!

Jenileigh said...

I know that I have thanked you for posting these dieting devotions but I have to again. They are really helping me Annie! I started today with a diet that helps me in areas of not eating sugar and with portion control. Today was day one. I plan to blog on it tomorrow. Pray for me. This is a huge step for me. It really isn't about my weight, even though I'm heavier than ever. It is about gluttony and over eating.

This devotion I needed to hear. It is so easy to step over into the negative thinking about yourself which is why I just backed away from dieting altogether. So thank-you for allowing the Lord to use you as confirmation and encouragement for me!!