Saturday, June 16, 2007

weekend reflection~










Family~
  • Amanda is in Canada! She has been calling & texting daily to tell me of her adventures. She has been shopping, rode a subway, had dinner at interesting places, and is sleeping in a college dorm room on the eighth floor! She is having a good time. She said it is odd to be in a place where everyone speaks french. She cannot read the street signs, etc. The group she is with learned songs in french for church on Sunday. She says they sound good. They have been working on the songs, memorizing the french verses for months.
  • Bailey & Emelia are home! It was funny, before they came home I had folded the last load of laundry, cleaned up the breakfast dishes, made my bed... everything was so nice and tidy. That lasted about five minutes after they came home... but it is okay. We all took Izzy out for a celebratory swim.
  • Tomorrow (Sunday) is our 18th anniversary. I think we may go out sometime tomorrow. We thought about going out last night, but were too sleepy... and tonight we talked about it again and I ended up making tacos so we didn't. We're so exciting, huh?
  • Tomorrow is also father's day! I love my daddy!
kitchen~
  • This was a boring food week, I made gyros Monday night because Amanda really likes them and was leaving right after dinner...
  • I cooked Tuesday and Thursday and matt and I ate leftovers. Nothing exciting to report on that :o).
  • I am still really enjoying that freezer! I would recommend this little size to anyone looking at them because it is perfect.
blogville~
  • My SIL, Ann, saw that I was thinking of a redo on Izzy's blog and she offered her assistance. It looks so cute. I had played around with a header and she added to that and did a background too. You should pop over and check it out. THANKS Ann!!!
  • Is it just me or does it seem a little quiet in blogville this week?
  • I'm still posting the daily diet devos. I hope I'm not the only one really being blessed by them. I am going to continue posting them until it seems that no one is reading them.
  • Looks like sweet Carrie is going to pop anyday! We're all officially on baby watch :o).
  • This Tuesday for TTT it was suggested we travel back to a memorable or first cooking experience, don't forget to come back for that.
blessings~
  • rain, and lots of it! God is watering my flowers wonderfully!
  • church camp!
  • homecomings
  • fathers
  • 18 years of marriage
  • 100 calorie packs of snacks... like grasshopper cookies, reese's snacksters, & sunchips!
  • words of faith!
  • encouraging comments from bloggy friends
  • YOU!

Thanks Judi for hosting weekend reflections!

16 comments:

ann said...

I hope you do keep posting the diet devos! I'm getting a lot out of reading them each day! You know this is a daily struggle in my life.
Thanks again for letting me work on Izzy's blog layout. Your header is so cute and I think it all came together great!
Happy Anniversary to you and Matt. You really are an amazing couple with everything you've been through in those years!
annb

gail@more than a song said...

Happy Anniversary Annie! Hope it's a fun day for ya.
Glad that 2 made it home and 1 arrived at her destination.
No rain here, dry as a bone & I think some of my stuff is dying...hope you guys don't float away!

Tammy and Parker said...

Happy Anniversary! Now off to check out Izzy's new look!

Kim said...

Oh--Happy Anniversary Annie. I hope you and Matt get to go do something alone and special. Eighteen years is nothing to sneeze at! :) Glad to hear your two are home-I bet your house seemed quiet with them gone. I am kind of glad it was quiet in Blogville so I didn't miss out much. I really had no time to post and I felt lonely and left out, even if I have only been visiting some of these new blogs for a couple of months. I feel like I have some new friends. Well I am off to check out Izzy's site and then to the kitchen to put away $175.00 worth of groceries. Yikes!
*smiles*
Kim

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your a very busy girl. I hope your daughter has fun in Canada and you have a greet weekend .

Jenny said...

I really like the "believe" background over at Izzy's blog!!
And Happy Anniversary to you!!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Happy Anniversary! And yes, it does seem quiet in Blog Land this week. Glad your daughter is safely in Canada and sounds like she's having a ball. Keep posting those Diet Devos. I'm reading :)
Have a blessed week!!

palmtreefanatic said...

I know I am Blessed to have found you Annie!
I also have an anniversary coming up on the 19th! will be 15 yrs for us!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Barb said...

Happy Anniversary! I had to smile and your lack of plans for celebrating. I can't even remember how many times the day came and went and we realized, gee, we didn't do anything special. Doesn't matter. It's still a great thing, an anniversary.

Izzy's new blog do is so sweet! I love the photos in the header.

It's very quiet in blogland right now. It was really quiet last summre too. Geez. I guess all the moms out here are busy with the kids home for the summer. But I like it. It feels like it's at least a little easier to keep up with everyone.

Happy, happy anniversary and happy new week, too.

Anonymous said...

I love the diet devo you have been posting. It does seem a bit quiet in blogville. But then again my house is sick so I haven't been paying really close attention. Glad to hear Amanda is having such a good time. It sounds like a blast! You and Matt better go out for some good eats tonight and celebrate! Love ya!

Karen said...

Annie, I've been enjoying your diet devos very much. I'm trying really hard in that area, so it's nice to have the added encouragement.

Izzy's blog looks so sweet! It's all girl, I love it.

Hope you get to celebrate your anniversary. Ours was June 2. I don't think we've celebrated on the actual day but a handful of times in the 23 years. If we known then that it's the busiest time for graduations and weddings. . . well, we probably wouldn't have changed the date anyway! It doesn't matter, we enjoy the day and then get to celebrate whenever we want:0)

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary. I love reading your weekly recap.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope you had a great one. I am so glad Amanda is enjoying her trip. I am sure she will have so much to tell you when she gets home. And...please send some of your rain to TN. We are in a severe drought. I am praying for some rain this week! Have a wonderful evening!

Dena said...

I am glad the kids are having a good time and made it home safely!.
Izzy's blog looks great - what a fun SIL to help!
Those are akk great blessings - isn't fun to think off ALL the things that make us happy (100 calorie snacks!)
Happy Anniversary!

Shawna said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Izzy's blog design looks really good! You've got a great SIL!

Jenny said...

Love Izzy's new look! Great job.
Dare I say it??? It's quiet around blogville 'CAUSE I'M BUSY LIVING LIFE...ha,ha. How self-centered can I be? :) You know I'm just kidding, but it does help my feelings knowing nothing huge has happened while I've been gone this week!