Monday, June 18, 2007

chit chat & day nine~

Amanda called again last night. She is still having so much fun. They were shopping in Old Montreal when I spoke with her. The new "people mover" type bus that our church just purchased has apparently broken this week. I think they think it is the transmission, but they are now taking the subway around town and will be taking the bus in to the shop today. Hopefully this won't delay their homecoming next weekend, because I miss her! Anyway, please continue to pray for her safety. I am so glad she is having such a great experience. My campers are still pooped out. Emelia said it was the best week of her life. She is 9 years old and didn't get homesick one minute... Bailey had a good time too, but was glad to be home.

I'm getting ready to get ready to take Izzy to Bear in an hour or so... I just wanted to get this devo posted for those of you reading them. I am going to stop off at the Christian bookstore to see if they have more copies.

Day nine~

"For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come." I Timothy 4:8

There is an old adage that says, "Don't put the cart before the horse." Many people try to lose weight without a specific goal in mind. Often people set a goal that is unrealistic. In our attempts to become more Christian, we grow a little at a time. God doesn't expect us to be perfect right away. He knows that our growth takes time. The same is true of our attempts to lose weight. We need to take it a little at a time. Crash diets and heavy exercise programs are not the way to go. Our Christian growth should provide us with an example. Let us approach our diets with patience and take it a small step at a time.

Todays thought: Dieting is easier if we try to lose weight little by little.



11 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Thanks for the inspiration! Have a blessed day :)

Dena said...

I am sooo glad the kids had such a good time - I would be a little sad that Emilia wasn't homesick! hahahah - I bet the subway is super fun and a different experience ( I am sure it's MUCH nicer than the one in NYC) Sad about the van - I will pray for a timely safe return!!!!

Okie Food Traveler said...

Well, I can really thank you about the soda thing. Thurman Scrivner actually preached a message involving soda during a message about taking care of our temple. That is where it all started, then I researched it a little. Thurman said it takes 30 glasses of water for every 10 ounce of soda to get your PH levels back to normal. Mine will never be back to normal...but I can at least work in the right direction. So thank you! I ended up quitting cold turkey, I haven't had a soda since last Thursday.

Anonymous said...

I know you'll be so glad to have Amanda back home...and it sounds like she sure misses you too!! What a great experience for her though!
I so agree with the devotional...one consistent step at a time...I'm learning that :)
Have a blessed week!
Looking forward to this week's TTT.

Constance said...

Hapy Monday Annie !

Tricia said...

Thank you for the devos - I really enjoy them and they are giving me inspiration to get to losing some weight!

Corrie said...

Glad that Amanda is having a great time, despite the broken vehicle. She'll be home before you know it! I practically drooled over the picture of your food from your date night...yum! And how fun!!

Unknown said...

Glad shes having fun..Always love reading your posts!

Marcia Francois said...

I’m so glad you had some water with your anniversary dinner - so proud of you!!! Even Suzanne (let's talk organizing) had 3 glasses of water on Friday!

I'm changing the world to water, one person at a time :)

Now you can see I'm crazy.

BTW. Will put something in the mail for you tomorrow so keep your eyes open.

Jenny said...

Amen, sister! I have found that losing one pound a week is very liberating...until this past weekend where eating is the order of the (holi)day. But good news, I'm back down after one day of almost fasting. And I love that verse in 1 Timothy.
Glad to hear Amanda's doing good and loving it up there, and your campers are home and resting. Mine, too!! :)

Haley said...

I'm glad the kids enjoyed camp! I hope all is well with Amanda. I miss chatting to you, I hope to be back online regularly in a week or so!

Have a great Wednesday!

Haley