Sunday, June 17, 2007

day eight ~ diet devo & 18th anniversary stuff...











Well, Matt & I finally made it out to celebrate our 18th anniversary. We went to Steak & Ale... I had the chicken gratella. Here's what it looked like...

It was pretty good, but I brought 3/4 of it home. Since I have been doing the diet devotionals I have really had such a knowledge of when I am full. I just stopped and pushed my plate away. Matt offered to polish it off for me (after his 12 oz steak :o) but I thought it would be good to have it for dinner. It was mashed potatoes, grilled chicken with artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes and blue cheese, all drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Sounds odd, but it was pretty tasty. I raked most of the blue cheese away. Too much flavor. We had a nice meal together and then did some shopping... we got a new weed eater & saw Izzy's ST at lowes.

After Izzy's blog redo I was inspired to rework my friend Julie's blog... so I made her a new header and changed her background. click here to view it.

Here's day eight...

"This is the bread which came down from heaven--not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever." John 6:58

Face it: Dieting wouldn't be so hard if food didn't taste so good! Like anything good, we want to get as much of it as we can. It's easy to place a high value on the food we eat. But there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. God has given us many freedoms, but one we should not abuse is the freedom to consume as much food as we want. No one can limit what we eat except ourselves. We need to realize that our daily bread supplies what we need, not what we want. Excessive eating is selfishness, and selfishness is sin. When we feel the urge to overeat, let us turn to God and nourish ourselves on the true bread that comes from Him - His word.

Today's thought: God's bread of life is nonfattening!




15 comments:

ann said...

I'm glad you and Matt got to spend some time together and go out for a meal! I visited Julie's blog and like the new layout and really love the header!
I appreciate the diet devo's you're posting and those postings, along with Thurman's cds are really helping me with my (food) "addiction"! Thanks
annb

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
I love Izzy's new look. She is doing so good. I have good news for you. Erin got her kidney this week. The transplant called and they had two. One for Erin and the other for another child and to head to the hospital. Erin is doing well. Maybe get to come home soon. She is now able to eat real food for the first time in her little life. Ahh the joy of seeing God's hand.
I looked at your recipe blog and I love all the recipes.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Annie

Again, congrats on 18 years. Awesome. Your chicken dish looks yummy. I'm proud of you though for stopping before you stuffed yourself. Your message today is so true. I'm guilty myself of stuffing myself way too often. Thanks for posting these diet devotionals.

I didn't realize you worked on blogs. I shouldn't be surprised though since I love the look of yours. I went to Julie's and love it. Did you also change yours?

I'm new to your blogs so I've been catching up. I went to Izzy's blog and love the look of it too. I read Izzy's story tonight. It made me sad, but also inspired by your faith and your love. She's so beautiful and I know God is working miracles in her life. I want you to know she will be in my prayers now.

I'm thankful I found your blogs or you found mine??

Hugs,

Kat

Susan said...

Glad you and your hubby got out for an evening :o) to celebrate an anniversary is a very special occasion.
Susan

gail@more than a song said...

Happy Anniversary Annie! Glad y'all got to go out. Your meal sounded good and yay for you on bringing some home!
Those devotionals have been good.

-atomik kitten said...

Keep up the good work. I am finding that I eat way less if I make sure that I stay hydrated. Did you know that most people's sense of thirst is so weak that they mistake it for hunger?

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...that chicken sounds delicious!
WTG pushing away the extra!!
Have a blessed week!

Julie said...

You're so sweet to re-do my blog. It is so cute and spunky now! I love it! I loved it the way you had it before, but a change is always good. : )
Happy Anniversary!

Jenileigh said...

I'm so glad you and Matt had a great time. And way to go on eating only as much as it took to fill you without being stuffed!!

And this devotion hit me right on top of the head! (In a positive way, it brought revelation!)

I'm so proud of you!!

Jodi said...

Congrats on 18 years!! Love the headers you made!!

Be blessed!
Jodi

Constance said...

Congratulations on your 18th anniversary, Annie !
That is lovely -- may there be another 18 even sweeter than the first --

hugs/smiles/love,
Loving Annie

Anonymous said...

So glad y'all were able to get out and enjoy your Anniversary. Your meal sounds ... interesting. LOL, I don't think I could have stomached that dish but I'm glad you enjoyed it, LOL!!

Great job on Julie's blog!

Tammy and Parker said...

A night out with the one you love is such a wonderful opportunity.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

I'm glad you and Matt were able to do something special for your anniversary.

Congratulations on 18 years!

Michelle said...

Just trying to do some catching up and wanted to wish you a happy anniversary -wow 18 yrs! Congrats! Sounds like you had a nice time together!