Monday, May 7, 2007

Bailey, Misc, flip flops & PLANNERS (for marcia)

I don't talk much about Bailey, my 13 year old son. He is the cutest sweetest little (not so little) guy in the world. You should see him with Isabelle, just precious. He loves her so much and is sweet and gentle but genuine in his love. We had to run to the mall yesterday because his lovely vans (that he loved) got torn in a strange bike accident saturday. So, I had coupons for JCP and thought it was a good Sunday afternoon outing. We found shoes (mens size 10!) and he found fun wii accessories in the game stop. I found some neat little treasures too. It was a nice afternoon (we took Izzy along with us).

Speaking of Izzy... driving home we got junior ice cream cones at Braums and Izzy started vocalizing that she wanted some ... so bailey gave her bites of his and I ended up surrendering mine to the cause. It is so great that she is letting us know what she wants more and more. She did this with Bear today as well and he could see subtle changes in her too. We praise God.

I was telling Barb about the flip flops my SIL made me, so I am posting a pic because hey "why not." Anyway, they are cute and I think the girls will eventually take them from me. Emelia wore the pink ones yesterday and her little feet made them look dirty to me.. ick. Oh well.

Now, on to Marcia's planner tag. I have several things I use as planners. The first of which is my cellphone that has a calendar and a note pad that you can write on with a stylus. I use this daily for my calendar and lists for store etc. I have an excel file that I use for budgeting and grocery planning, and an actual planner that is a backup to all the above.

Don't forget to check in later to sign up and play along for Time Travel Tuesday ~ Sweet 16 edition!

9 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

What a handsome young man you have!
Cute flip flops!!!

Linda

Karen Hossink said...

I absolutely love it when I see brothers and sisters loving on each other. I babysat my neighbor kids this morning (ages 4 and 6) and simply loved the moments I caught them hugging each other. I leaned over to the 4-year-old and whispered, "You love your sister. Don't you!" He smiled and nodded.
Precious!
I'm glad you see it with your kids, too!

Jenny said...

Bailey is a doll!! Sorry to hear about the bike accident...we have "strange" accidents around here too!! And how exciting for Izzy to be vocalizing her wants...cool!! I'll be back later to get ready for TT Tuesday!

Dion & Marcia said...

He is a doll!!!

Thanks for doing the tag. I knew you'd be a techno-gal ;)

I keep forgetting to tell you but I so enjoy visiting your blog because of the lovely music (and your sweet spirit, of course).

(I'm busy posting on the travel blog hence the other sign-in)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Your son is very handsome!!
I love the flip flops and that green purse is too cute :)
That is great that Izzy is vocalizing more. What a great step!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new purse!!! :o)

As for the flip-flops! Libby has a pink pair. One of my Mom's friends made them for her about 2 years ago. I always teased Libby because they looked like slippers when she wore them, LOL. Super cute, though!

I'm so glad y'all had a nice trip to the mall and that Izzy wanted icecream!! :o)

Haley said...

Awww! I'm so excited that Izzy is communicating better all the time! :-)

I'm looking forward to talking about my sweet 16 tomorrow! BTW I tagged you!

Haley

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, handsome son! You must be so proud of him!
I love the purse!!
And, your menu looks yummy as always!
Have a blessed week,
Sheryl

Kim said...

You're son is very cute; you'll have girls knocking your down down soon. I love your new bag--it's green, imagine that!

I am thrilled for you that Izzy is expressing her desires more often; that is so very exciting!