Friday, April 27, 2007

Random Questions~

Karen posted some random questions and although I usually enjoy the friday's feast, I decided to do these instead today... (great questions Karen!).


1. How is mothering, in reality, different from what you expected it to be?

I think it is about the same as I expected, I had been around children growing up (even though I was the baby), and had babysat quite a bit. I think the thing about motherhood that I did not expect was how much these little children are a part of me! Almost instantly they just have you, heart & soul. You will do anything for them, rejoice with their achievements as if they were your own, feel sorrow when they have setbacks or illnesses and wish that you could take their pain away. I always feel comforted that God created this in me and know that He feels this way about me too!

2. What is something you, as a kid, vowed you would never say to your own kids? Have you kept the vow?

Repeat after me, "I - FEEL - GOOD" My mom said this to me when she thought I was just pretending to be sick to miss school. I hated this :o) I have said this to my kids at one time or another.

3. If someone stopped in to your house for a surprise visit, would you be glad for the company, or self-conscious by the condition of your home? Why?

It would really depend on the visitor. I would probably want a little notice on some days! The days Izzy doesn't go to school we stay in our pj's until time for therapy or appointments for the day or whatever! It's nice that my front room (now Izzy's therapy room) is always clean and ready to receive visitors... Our family room is in the back of the house and it is the room that probably could always use a pick up. I read a quote the other day I loved... "Picking up for kids while their still growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing!" Love that!

4. Describe your ideal date with your husband.

Probably just a really relaxing evening somewhere, we really don't get much time alone especially away... but a nice restaurant and then a good long talk.

5. If you were sitting face to face with God and could ask Him any question, what would it be?

Oh, there would be so many~ Most of them I probably know the answers to. I would ask anyway, because I'm human... "Why are there so many sick children?" "Why do good people seem to have such bad things happen to them?"


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! I love the growing and snowing quote! So true!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! I love the growing and snowing quote! So true!

Karen Hossink said...

I enjoyed reading your answers, too.
God has shown me so much about Himself as I've been a mother...That IS a good thing!
Regarding the house, how about this quote a friend shared with me: If you're coming to see me, stop by anytime. If you're coming to see my house, please call ahead.
Thanks for sharing your answers!

Anonymous said...

Ditto for me on #5. Great meme!

Anonymous said...

These were a nice change of pace. What wonderful answers. :o)

Michelle said...

I enjoyed your answers!

Susanne said...

Great answers. Enjoyed reading this.