Friday, April 27, 2007

Favorite Ingredient Friday~taco waffles?!?

I am posting this recipe because I think I actually invented it! yea me!!! (I know my life could use a little more excitement, right?)... Anyway, I made double taco seasoned meat Wednesday when I had tacos, planning to use the remainder for the empanadas.
Yesterday at noon I wanted to have a leftover taco for lunch and did not have any taco shells left (family at them all), didn't have any taco chips because I made guacamole and they all got eaten too, and used all my tortillas for Michelle's taquitos I've been making and freezing for Matt's lunch. So, after looking through the cabinets repeatedly I used a frozen waffle. I kid you not, it was delicious. So I made up the whole box of eggo waffles for dinner and made some beans seasoned and heated the taco meat. I put cheese, sour cream, and salsa over the top (and black olives). My family all loved this! I was excited to have another easy variation of tacos...

Taco Waffles

ground beef
taco seasoning
beans (optional seasoned with chili powder and cumin)
frozen waffles
cheddar cheese
sour cream

Toast the waffle, layer on beans, meat, cheese, and toppings... enjoy.


You should try it, you'll like it :o)... and you should also head over to Overwhelmed with Joy to sign up and play FIF~

22 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

This sounds crazy, but I bet it's good. We had the pizza pancakes last night so why not taco waffles. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

How creative you are Annie! I don't think I have ever made up my own recipes! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me! I don't know why it says anonymous!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Well, You go girl! How creative.

Linda

Mandalyn said...

WOW! I never would have thought of that! Aren't you the creative one!!;) Thanks for the recipe!

Carey said...

These sound good. Happy Friday.

heidi @ ggip said...

I would have never thought of that! Great job at improvising!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Annie, that is incredible! I will have to give it a try sometime :)

I have been meaning to scoot over here to your blog and post a comment asking you to please pray for a family in a nearby city....they lost their 10 month old daughter in a drowning accident last week. Their daughter survived for several days after her accident, but God took her home last week. If she had survived I would have passed your blog onto them via a friend of theirs. So, please be in prayer for them. Thanks!

Haley said...

We are totally going to try this! It sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds YUMMY to me!

Corrie said...

You are creative! I bet it would taste great! Oh, and I love Biolage also!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would definitely NEVER think of that but it sounds too interesting to pass up. I'll have to give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing...have a great weekend! =)

Kim said...

Now that sounds interesting...will have to try!

Kim

Michelle said...

Now who would have thought to put those 2 things together!? You're so creative! I'll have to give this a try next time!

Grandparents Corner said...

Annie, this sounds yummy! My husband would be surprised to find his meal on a waffle. I'll have to spring it on him and let you know what he says. LOL

I want you to know I'm keeping Izzy, you, and your family in my heart and prayers!

Hugs, and have a blessed weekend!
~ Bonnie

Hyperactive Lu said...

Sounds so delicious! I can't wait to try the both recipes! Thanks for the recipe!

Joyful Days said...

What is the quote?? Necessity is the mother of invention? You needed a taco! Sounds like a winner.

Susanne said...

Yum! What a fun, easy supper!

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

Hi! I got your name off of Mandalyn's site. Can you email me to teach me how to do the signature thing? I've been trying to design blogs for some friends, and this, and a post divider image are 2 things I don't know how to do ! Can you help a sister out? jennisajoy@juno.com

Robin Green said...

I know I never would have thought of that--I get too stuck in doing things exactly the way they are meant to be done. I never have waffles, so I don't know if we'll try it, but it sounds good.

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I love recipes that are thought up on the fly! This sounds neat! I'll try it. I have a waffle maker that I haven't used in a while!

Thanks so much, Annie, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Anonymous said...

WOW - I didn't think anyone else ate taco waffles, at least not outside of Minnesota. I grew up on them back ... in the day. :) We used the package taco seasoning and made the waffles from a variation of a cornbread muffin mix. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomato, onion and sour cream. Thanks for refreshing an old favorite memory, I think I will have to make them again soon.