Thursday, April 5, 2007

Friday's Feast ~A buffet for your brain!~#138

Appetizer

When you travel, which mode of transportation do you prefer?

I don't travel a whole lot... I think planes are fastest which is always good, but my car is pretty comfy so I would have to pick my car (which isn't really a 'car,' it is a honkin' big Suburban and I know this isn't considered environmentally friendly... but, I have a really good excuse! I had to up size to accommodate Izzy's stroller and carseat and I have four kids who are all very tall like me!). Also, seat warmers rock. From just chilly days to cramps to achy back from shopping or running around (or lifting huge strollers into the car!) .

Soup

Have you ever met a blogging friend in person?

No. Not technically. I know a couple of the friends I do blog with. I met one person at a ladies retreat who was speaking and there was a person who flew in that had only met her on the blog world. But, I had not known of her blog until after the retreat so I met her first. I would love to meet some of my blog friends face to face.

Salad

When was the last time you were really, really tired?

Uh, does now count? I do not want to whine, hate whining! but... since you asked... I am really tired this week. I think it is just all the appointments catching up with me. I feel unorganized and behind. All I want to do is crawl in my bed and sleep for days (which is not a possibility).

Main Course

If you could have dinner with any one fictional character from a book or movie, who would it be?

Father Tim. I love the Mitford series and if I could I would plop myself right in the middle of Mitford and eat dinner with Father Tim & Cynthia. Their menu always sounds so wonderful and cozy.

Dessert

Fill in the blank: One day, I hope to see _______________.

This is a no-brainer :o) . Jesus of course! That would also include Heaven & God! I hope and plan to see all of those things some day! In the more immediate future I hope to see Izzy healed and running around walking and talking.



post signature

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the dessert was a no brainer too! :) My fictional character was tougher.

Heart of Rachel said...

Sorry to hear that you've been very tired this week. Hope you'll have a refreshing weekend.

Take care!

Julie said...

Enjoyed your feast. Was reading your blog too and will keep Izzy in our prayers. Happy Easter.
Thanks for stopping by.

Lynn said...

That's what I love about SUVs and vans, they can carry just about anything that we need. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a good choice of dinner guests! I didn't think of them.

Great dessert!

Gattina said...

You should not say whine, but vine then it sounds already better !

Shelby said...

great feast! I am not familiar with At Home in Mitford - I'll have to check that out - sounds intriguing.

take care and happy F R I D A Y!!

- and I say, take a nap!

Kayla said...

Love your dessert. Hope you'll share ;)

Mad Bull said...

Nice feast... yeah, the last question is a no-brainer. Thanks for dropping by.

chindi said...

I know what you mean by being tired. It's one of those weeks where work and home seem to be running me ragged.

Amber said...

Great feast! Love your dessert.

Anonymous said...

Great feast and good dessert :) Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to see Izzy running around one day, too! :o)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Ahh...to see Jesus one day...won't that be something...or should I say everything???

Michelle said...

I also put Jesus as my "no brainer" dessert. My Mother reads the Mitford series...she also likes Father Tim; she's talked about him quite a few times. I'll have to ask to borrow her series when she's done!
Have a blessed Easter! :)

Anonymous said...

Of course I loved your dessert too!! I have a Tahoe, myself... but would love a Suburban one day. Maybe when gas prices go down a bit... or at least seem more managable.

Good feast! Happy Friday!

Tracy S said...

I loved your dessert. I pray that she is healed one day as well.

I wish I had some back warmers. A friend of mine has them in her Escalade and they are so nice...


Great Feast!!

I hope you have a very blessed Good Friday and Easter Sunday.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wonderful feast! Great minds think alike you know, with both of us picking Father Tim to have dinner with, LOL!

My sister has a Suburban and her 4 kids all call it "the bus", I believe, LOL!

Have a great day and a very blessed Easter Annie!

Linda said...

Nice feast. I will certainly keep Izzy and your family in my prays.

Have a blessed Easter.

The Ramblin' Rat said...

Fun feast! I love reading so I may have to look into the Mitford series. They sound wonderful! I will definitely pray for your family.

Bethany said...

Thanks for the comment! I enjoyed your feast as well- the Jan Karon books are great!

I'll be praying for your family, especially Izzy!

Robin Green said...

Hey, Father Tim fictionally was from a town just up the highway from me!! Love Mitford! Great feast, my friend.

Baba said...

Annie,...I am reading everyones feast for today, and I did mine differently. Have a Happy and peaceful day. Baba

Mike said...

A good feast. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Mandalyn said...

Great feast! I hope to see Izzy running around and meet all of you!

Happy Easter to you!

Debi said...

I don't think it's whining to say you've wiped out lately. I just hope you're feeling better and much refreshed soon!
Had to stop by because Carrie talks so lovingly about you and Izzy. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog(s).
Have a beautiful Easter weekend!

roman said...

You definitely have an interesting way of presenting the feast for today.
Great Feast.
Happy Easter to you and yours.
:)

Susanna said...

Hello and thak you for stopping by. Hope you get some rest soon.....nice long sleeps! Ahhhhhhh! Well, if not here then in eternity anyway!
Happy Easter!

Jessica said...

That was too cute! I hope you get some rest and Have a Wonderful Easter.

Anonymous said...

Oh.. you picked a terrific dessert.. Being Good Friday and everything, you'd think I would have thought of that one myself.

LOVE seat warmers too!!
Thank you for stopping by my space! :)

~Amber~ said...

Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by my blog - and great feast!

Christina (BookTasty) said...

Nice Feast! Thanks for the comment, and a Happy Easter to you too!

Stine said...

Great Feast! Thanks for visiting!

Debby said...

Great feast! I enjoyed your main course! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Annie,

Praying for strength for you! Healing for Izzy, and a blessed Easter weekend for you all. I enjoyed the friday feast!

Your swap buddy,

DJ

Anonymous said...

Great feast - thanks for visiting.

jenny said...

I enjoyed your feast! I have read the first of those Mitford books, and i enjoyed it, too. They would make nice dinner companions.

I was thinking so earthly when I answered desert!

Overwhelmed! said...

Annie, I'm with you. I could crawl in bed and sleep for a week straight but that's just not going to happen.

I love the Mitford books! I've read all in the series. :)

Have a great weekend.

Kim said...

I loved your feast! I feel awful that I didn't include meeting Jesus. I guess it is because I consider it a given for me as I believe that I will see him one day. Come on over!

Barb said...

You and me both, Annie. I just re-read the entire Mitford series this winter and I'd love to have dinner with Father Tim and Cynthia and Dooley. Or Jan Karon herself!

ShellyAnn said...

Wonderful feast! Thank you for sharing! I really enjoyed the music on your blog!
God Bless!