Thursday, April 5, 2007

Favorite Ingredient Friday ~ Easter Edition ~Hot Rolls!

Mom's Hot Rolls
(ssh... don't tell her I told you!)

1.5 cups warm water (not hot, not cold... warm!)
1/3 c. oil
1/4 c. sugar
1.5 t. salt
1.5 T. yeast (2 pkgs.)

3-4 c. bread flour

stir together first 5 ingredients, let yeast dissolve. Slowly add flour, one cup at a time until you have a ball of dough you can work with.
Powder your working surface and knead the dough. (The best way I can describe this is that you push it flat with your palms and then fold it over and repeat.)
Set the dough in a warm spot to rise until it doubles in size.
Push the dough back down, shape small balls and place them beside each other in pan or dish. Let them rise again until doubled.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 3o minutes or until golden brown.
Brush with melted butter and enjoy.



Zip over to Overwhelmed with Joy to sign up and see lots more Easter goodies!

post signature

12 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

yummmmm.....I am a big time BREAD eater and these look tasty!

Linda

Carey said...

These look good.
Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Annie, these look great and easy...

Jenn said...

These look nice and easy, and don't worry I won't tell mom! hehe Thanks!!

Jenn

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yum, these look good! Nothing like hot bread, right out of the oven, slathered with butter :)

Robin Green said...

How nice of you to share, and I hope your mom doesn't find out! ;)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Looks yummy! Fresh bread out of the oven is the best. Happy Easter :)

Carole Burant said...

Oooooh fresh rolls...nothing better than that with an Easter meal!! Ok shhhhh we won't tell your mom! hehe Happy Easter to you and yours:-) xox

By the grace of God ... said...

My husband asked me earlier if I could make homemade rolls ... and this recipe shows up! Perfect. Thanks.

Overwhelmed! said...

Annie, even if your mom doesn't know you've shared this recipe with us, I thank her! I want to try them!

Question, if I don't have bread flour, will regular flour work or should I go buy bread flour?

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Easter Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Michelle said...

I've never tried making my own rolls before; thanks for sharing the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Those sound great! Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter!