Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weekend Reflection~


Deep exhale... another week coming to a close. I really like to embrace each day, even every moment. I read a post somewhere about how rushed we are that they are creating shortened versions of board games... I don't want to feel rushed, I don't want to rush my life away. I look at the kids, Amanda is almost an adult. They are growing up so fast. I don't want to sound morbid... so stick with me for just a minute and I'll move on (promise!)... so many people dying. It really makes you think about your time here on earth. At one funeral I went to in the last few months the preacher said that your life is just the dash between two dates; the date you were born - and the date you die. I want my dash to be a really good dash. I want God's love to shine from within my soul. Okay, I think I am getting sleepy because I feel like I am turning onto sappy avenue... so I will move on as promised.

Izzy is much better, I think her mouth is feeling normal! She had another good week and was healthy, thank God.

Today was a really busy day. The carnival/fund raiser was held at Izzy's school to benefit the Dreamcatcher playground. I took Bailey and Emelia who both worked booths and I painted faces all morning. I am not artistically challenged, I even felt pretty pleased with the art I was painting on the little soft cheeks of the children... until I looked down the table and saw one of the other volunteers painting what looked like actual works of art. I was ready to go back to the hockey booth that I was originally assigned to. I left that post after Miss Choctaw and Miss Edmond were assigned to be my helpers. Miss Edmond also had a 'manager' who was taking pictures of her so I thought the three of them and the groupies they brought were enough to hand a kid a hockey stick and let them pick a prize. Emelia did such a good job working her bean bag toss booth. She just turned 9 and they assigned her to be with an adult. When I went to get her to leave she was working her booth alone (the teenager had gone to get lunch) and she was sweetly helping a little girl (of maybe 7) pick a prize. She is so mature it amazes me. We grabbed an indian taco to go from the carnival and hit the road. Bailey stayed around to help the rest of the day. He worked at the moonwalk type booth. This had a tunnel that you crawled through to jump in. The little kids were scared to crawl through alone so when I went to tell him I was leaving he had taken off his jeans (he had shorts on underneath) and his sweatshirt hoodie (had a t-shirt too ... this is g-rated) and his shoes (had socks :o)) and was crawling through with each little kid so they wouldn't be scared. He is sweet to the core I tell you!

We headed to Edmond for the Make a Wish Easter egg hunt. Guess what mom of the year (that'd be me) forgot??? If you guessed Easter baskets to gather the eggs you would be right. You could have just plastered dummy on my forehead. I made a quick jot to the closest store and bought baskets for Emelia & Izzy.

I came home and the kids talked us into taking them to the movies this evening. I had planned on the usual chinese carryout which also lasts through most of Sunday's meals and they talked me into gyros. Izzy went to Nini & Papa's house while we took the kids to the movie. It was a fun outing and I'm pooped. This day started way early! It was a good day, and I'm smiling thinking about it. I am blessed.

Oh, one last thing, I read my Psalms and Proverbs for today (31, 61, 91...) and Proverbs 31 was about a wife of noble character... I want to work on this!

Proverbs 31 ~ A Wife of Noble Character
10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies. 11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. 12 She will not hinder him but help him all her life. 13 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. 14 She is like a merchant's ship; she brings her food from afar. 15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day's work for her servant girls. 16 She goes out to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard. 17 She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. 18 She watches for bargains; her lights burn late into the night. 19 Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber. 20 She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.21 She has no fear of winter for her household because all of them have warm* clothes. 22 She quilts her own bedspreads. She dresses like royalty in gowns of finest cloth. 23 Her husband is well known, for he sits in the council meeting with the other civic leaders. 24 She makes belted linen garments and sashes to sell to the merchants. 25 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future. 26 When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions. 27 She carefully watches all that goes on in her household and does not have to bear the consequences of laziness. 28 Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: 29 "There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!" 30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. 31 Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
The finished OU basket (my blanket is in the bottom).
Miss Choctaw, Emelia & Miss Edmond
Emelia, Izzy & the Easter bunny!
Izzy holding her Easter basket & eggs!

Izzy & me!

Thanks Judi for hosting Weekend Reflection, you should go join in!

post signature

19 comments:

ann said...

Sounds like you had a very busy day! Isabelle looks so cute and I can't believe how grown up Emelia looks! I posted my first Weekend Reflection tonite! Thanks for sharing the great pictures and news about your day!

Sonya said...

Beautiful pics of your girls! Sounds like y'all had a blast! Thanks for sharing your weekend events with us! I always enjoying reading about all the things you have going on!

BluEyedFool said...

I love the pics and your quilt is beautiful! Sounds like you had an extraordinarily busy day too...that's more done in one day then I sometimes do in a couple.

Not to hijack your thread but here's a link to the Beef Souvlaki:

http://penzthots.blogspot.com/2007/04/beef-souvlaki-and-tzaziki-recipe.html

Hope you don't mind me coming and checking out your blog.

Take care and keep smiling,
Penny

Constance said...

Happy Sunday Annie ! That was busy indeed ! Thanks for posting all the pictures ! The OU basket looked great ! The girls look so cute !

Mandalyn said...

Sounds like you had a busy week! The basket looks wonderful! You did a great job on the blanket! I hope you have an enjoyable upcoming week!

By the way, I need to work on being more of a Proverbs 31 woman, too! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully fun and busy day! I love it when days just seem to happen like that.

Your Bailey story just makes me wanna hug him! What a precious young man he is! Sounds like Mamma and Daddy have raised him right!

Proverbs 31:10 is so close to my heart. Being a virtuous wife is what I strive for daily. Here's one of the resons why... From the time when David was young, Proverbs 31:10 always stayed close to his heart. He knew he wanted a virtuous wife and that when he found her, her worth *would* be far above rubies... and he knew he had to make sure she knew that she was worth that much to him. The day he proposed, he wrote Proverbs 31:10 on a piece of paper and left in on the bathroom counter for me to *find* .... and the best thing is ... my wedding ring isn't a diamond like the traditional .... it's a Ruby and it has SO much meaning to me! :o) He had Faith~Hope~Love inscribed inside the band. :o)

Loved the pictures!! :o)

Anonymous said...

What a busy and fun day! I am sure you were a good tired when it was all said and done. Thanks for sharing!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Sounds like you had a real blessed day! I love the new photos and the basket looks great.

Linda

Michelle said...

what a great reflection on your weekend! It sounds like it was full of fun and eventful outings! Glad to hear Izzy is feeling well!

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I just love the pictures you've shared with us from this past week. I'm so glad all went well with the carnival/fund raiser. And I'm glad to hear that Izz is much better!

Joyful Days said...

Annie--I think you already have a noble character. I am blessed every time I visit here. What a beautiful post.

~Julie

Julie said...

Hey,
I like the picture of you and Izzy. you look very cute and so does Iz. Sounds like you guys had a great day! It reminds me of the Children's Festival at Hafer Park that we used to go to.

Leann said...

loved the pictures,lookes like everyone had fun.I just have time to say hi and God bless you all.I am way bind on my blogging.

Anonymous said...

Well, with your day that busy, I'm impressed that all your forgot were the baskets!! I'm glad that you had a wonderful week and I enjoy hopping by to visit you.

Anonymous said...

Whew! I am worn out just reading about all your events. The pastor at church this morning was just speaking about how fast life goes too. It's kind of depressing to think of sometimes. The older I get the faster it goes. Anywho...your kids sound so wonderful. I know you are very proud. I hope you have many blessings this week too!

Robin Green said...

I don't know what I could say that someone else hasn't said already. I think the basket with the blanket is wonderful. I think you look cute in the picture and so does Izzy and Emelia. I really want to be a virtuous woman too. Bailey is a sweet boy. See, it's all already been said--oh, how about: "What movie did you see?" We didn't cover that one!

Anonymous said...

Life does go by so quickly...I think we really don't notice it until our kids are older...at least I didn't.
Wise words!!
Have a blessed week!

Pfingston said...

Your week sounds busy and full, but fun . . . now I'm gonna have to check out Izzy's story . . . what a doll!
Thanks for coming by my place for the weekend reflection . . and now to read Izzy's story . . I'm off!

Jessica said...

WOW What wonderful photos. Looks like you had a nice time but I can understand how tired you must've been!