Saturday, March 24, 2007

Weekend Reflection

Whew ... what a week!

This was Spring Break and I think the kids had a great time, it's a nice little taste of the Summer to come.

Bailey & Emelia went to Gram's house on Wednesday and just returned home. They had a great time... went to the Tulsa Zoo, the air and space museum, shopping, the movies... I think Gram and Aunt Jane Ellen are pooped!

I made Michelle's taquitos last night, they were a huge hit. There were several left and they were nice to have on hand. Tonight it will be empanadas... back to the menu that got abandoned with Izzy's procedure Thursday. (Mom made a pork loin, so I got to skip that night :).

I really do feel blessed. I am so thankful the kids are all so healthy & happy. They are really the best kids, I'm so proud of them. I know that this is a time to be reflective and thankful, remembering all the great blessings... I think I'm in a bit of a funk? right now. I am tired, and I am tired of being tired. I do not like to complain, I really try not to at all and I am not complaining now, I'M BLESSED. I know it. I just don't like myself very much this week. Nothing specific. Maybe Satan is trying to mess with my mind, I just seem to be focusing on all my failures. I need to shake it off and pull myself out of it. Maybe writing it down I can move on. I didn't intend to unload that. Oh well.

The hospital thing with Izzy went well, it was so hard to see her look so pitiful. It was all I could do not to fall apart. Maybe I should have... She is doing well now. I don't think her mouth is very sore today. She was a bit cranky yesterday (who wouldn't be with 3 removals and 16 root canals).




The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk through the dark valley of death,
I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.



Psalm 23 NLT



Thank you Judi for hosting Weekend Reflections.


post signature

11 comments:

ann said...

I don't really think it's complaining to admit that you're tired! You are constantly on the go and caring for your family. Emotions running amuck can tire you even more! I will be praying for you to get some much needed rest. I'm glad to hear that Izzy is feeling better and not so sore! Hope you start feeling better as well.
”Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I have those weeks or days (if I'm lucky). It's usually after I've been out a lot or even when I've been commenting or posting a lot, I begin to doubt myself and wonder why people would want to be around me or read my blog. I really feel the enemy upon me. It's strange. The only cure for me is to get in the Word and focus on Him.
I don't know if that makes sense now that I read what I wrote but I think I know what you mean.
Lifting you up in prayer....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the visit with Gram was great! I am glad Izzy is doing well. I am sure it was rough on both of you!

Julie said...

I will be praying for you to get some rest. I know you are exhausted. I am so glad Izzy is doing better. I hated thinking of her in pain and swollen like that. I am glad it is finally over and I hope she does well in the next few days as she recovers. I have never had a root canal so i have nothing to compare it to.
You can call me and fall apart anytime you need to.

love u always
julie

Robin Green said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so tired. I know you must be worn out. Prayers will go up for you tonight, my friend. We are here for you to unload on ANYTIME!

Anonymous said...

Being tired can really mess with your emotions!! You certainly had a crazy-hectic week to boot!!
(((HUGS))) and prayers for you to get good rest and refreshing!!

Michelle said...

I think we all have those days and it's ok to allow ourselves to just feel that way now and again!

So glad the taquitos were a hit! I hope you took my advice and used the right size LOL

Glad to hear Izzy is doing well!

Mandalyn said...

I know I feel the same way you do at times! It's not hard to become worn out with all the things that mothers do these days! I will pray that you feel refreshment and excitement for the upcoming week!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the kids hit the jackpot! I am SO SO glad Izzy's procedure(s) went well. Poor little doodle bug....I bet she felt like poop! I am sorry you are in a funk. I have been too but I didn't want to say anything about it! I don't know what my problem is! I will be praying for you guys. Give Izzy a squeeze from me! (((hugs)))

Kerri said...

Nothing wrong with admitting you are tired and tired of being tired. Life on this earth is hard but the Lord, our friends and family can help us through the bad days and help us appreciate the good ones. **Hugs** to you and your family. I hope you are able to get out of your funk soon.

Overwhelmed! said...

I've been feeling tired this week too. Things have just been so busy! :)

Glad Izzy is feeling better. And I'm glad Michelle's recipe did the trick for you.