Friday, March 23, 2007

Favorite Ingredient Friday~Taco chili

I almost forgot to do a recipe for FIF today! I guess things are really busier than usual around here. With Izzy recovering from yesterday, we are spending the day pampering and snuggling her a lot. She is better today though. Thanks for your prayers.

I saw this recipe last week on Paula Deen and it is a lot like the taco soup recipe but calls for dried beans, sounds fabulous right?

Taco Chili

1 cup dried kidney beans

1/2 cup dried pinto beans

1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix

1 (1-ounce) package buttermilk salad dressing mix

3 tablespoons dried minced onion

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

1 1/2 cups corn or tortilla chips
4 cups water

1 (11 3/4-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles

1 (16-ounce) can tomato sauce

1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained


Place beans in a large bowl, cover with water and soak 6 to
8 hours, or overnight. Drain and add to a Dutch oven. Add seasonings, water, diced tomatoes and green chiles, tomato sauce, and ground beef.
Heat to boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours, or until beans are tender. Or just throw it all in the crockpot for the day and voila!

Serve with corn or tortilla chips.


Head over to Overwhelmed for more!



post signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great Annie! You have some good recipes. Thanks.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Wow! That sounds yummy and adaptable for my sons allergies :) Thanks for sharing!!

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing a Bean's recipe. It seems delicious. Here in Portugal we have some great recipes with beans. Next week I'll post one.
Have a nice weekend.

ann said...

Sounds really good1 I keep thinking one of these days I am going to get organized and try making out some menus for the week and even write down some of our favorite recipes. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm still thinking about it!
I'm glad to hear Izzy is feeling better.

Michelle said...

tacos and chili - can't go wrong there! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That sounds & looks great! Especially with tortilla chips on top, yummo. Thanks for sharing! I hope Izzy feels better soon!

My Trendy Tykes said...

This sounds wonderful!!

Linda

Leann said...

I love Paula to she is a hoot and I watch her all the time.Id love to live next to her and have her as a friend.
the chili looks good.Ill try it next time I make it.
have a great weekend God bless.

Scribbit said...

Sure sounds good--I'm always up for good hearty soups/stews/chillis.

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you didn't forget to post a FIF recipe yesterday because this Taco Chili sounds oh so yummy! I'll be trying it soon!

Thanks so much, Annie, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That recipe looks really yummy! I am going to have to try that!

Joyful Days said...

That looks wonderful. I will have to try it!