Saturday, March 17, 2007

Weekend Reflection


This has been another good week, another week to be thankful for!


Some highlights of the week were:



  • Amanda made 100's on all her finals (woo hoo)! She is invited to a luncheon for national honor society next month and got a letter today about being in who's who among American high school students again this year ... and an invitation to Washington, DC. Even with her new job and a 'boyfriend' for 3 months now (she bought him a fish for their 3 month and named him Oobi), she still is keeping her grades a priority and I am so proud of her!

  • Bailey also got good grades on his tests, he is more the type of kid that never cracks a book but always does pretty well. Not the extreme overachiever like his sister... and that is okay. He is just about the sweetest kid ever and you should see how he is with Izzy, he will take her in his room and lay her beside him while playing his wii or listening to music, so cute and she loves it too.

  • Emelia had her 9th birthday this week. We had a special day, I let her stay home with me. While Izzy was in school we ran to panera bread for her favorite breakfast in the world "broccoli soup" and then to target so she could shop with her birthday money (that was burning a hole in her pocket). She got a swimming suit, a hannah montana cd, some shoes, and stickers. She mostly got clothes for her birthday presents and makeup kit (ugh). She is quite the girly girl. We had mom and dad eat dinner with us and chocolate birthday cake, yum!

  • Izzy had a good day at school Thursday. Thursdays are the day she has a longer time with the physical therapist (Camilla) and they are able to put her in the walkable and spend a lot of time with her. She usually shows off for them and it is fun to hear how she did. Kathy (the helper) said she initiated steps and kept her head up really good. They seemed very pleased!

  • Thursday was the end of the contest and I was overwhelmed with emails and comments, it was great! It was especially great to know that awareness is being raised all over the world and hopefully this will save many lives this Summer.

  • I got my recipes printed off (finally) and have started getting them organized and made a chart. It's a work in progress at this point, but I even got groceries today for the next week!

I'm off, it is in the 60's outside and the yard is calling my name!


Go over to Judi's blog (Mommy to two) and sign up for weekend
reflections!


post signature

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week, and it sounds like you have a wonderful crew to be proud of! Have a great weekend!

Sonya said...

Glad to hear you've had a good week. So happy to hear Izzy is doing so well with her therapy! That's great! I hope each week will bring more progress and much encouragement to you and your family!

Pfingston said...

Now I do love me some broccoli soup . . .just not for breakfast!

I'me a fist timmer to the weekend reflections and it has been sure fun so far!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the kids are doing great. I am with Sonya on the broccoli soup. But you know kids like things to be different. And anyway our stomachs don't know what time of day it is! I hope that you guys have a great week! By the way, I put Izzy's button on my blog. :)

KC said...

Im glad you all had such a great week. Way to go Amanda & Bailey on the good grades, and i"m glad Izzy is doing so well also. So glad to hear Emelia had a wonderful 9th birthday.

Unknown said...

What a great blog and I am so glad you had a great week! What a happy post!

Robin Green said...

Such smart children you have--I hope mine will apply themselves like that when they go next year. You had such a nice week.

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow! You had a busy and fun weekend! I'm glad to hear that all of your children are doing so well.

I'm so sorry that I didn't participate in your contest. I saw that post and I meant to join in and somehow I got sidetracked. Sorry. I'm glad so many people gained new awareness thanks to your contest! Snuggle Bug starts up with swim lessons again next week.

I had to laugh at your comment on my Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday post. I've never met anyone who doesn't like fruit and now you're married and have kids that LOVE fruit! You're right, we reallyl don't know what we'll end up like when we're little. :)

I don't like chicken or turkey (I know, I'm a bit odd) but my "boys" love both so I find myself fixing it for them from time to time.

Jessica said...

Oh wow, so glad everyone is doing great. I have to comment though, the blog looks beautiful. Love what you've done with the place ;)

Irene said...

I am so glad to hear about your kids' progress! All the best.