Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hips~


Today I took Izzy to the hospital for a hip xray. The doctor who will be doing her botox injections Monday wanted to see if there was any hip migration, and how her hips looked before he starts the injections. I asked the tech to show me the xrays before I took them and I wasn't thrilled with what I think I saw. I believe firmly in not speaking negative and also that words have power so I refuse to speak (or type) anything negative. I believe God can heal hips & I believe Izzy's will be okay too. The guy accidentally made two films of her hips, so we can keep one to show how they were before! I did, however, have a little breakdown/moment of weakness to which I quickly snuffed out by a little shopping therapy... I went in thinking a new spring purse would be nice, but found other things.



A pretty quilt/blanket/throw (I'm always cold!)
a sweet little dress for Iz and a shirt for Bailey he is sure to hate!
some pink flip flops...
some navy flip flops!
This is just a pic of the cross I have in a flower bed (I collect crosses & now I started collecting believe signs which I place in Izzy's therapy room) You also may have noticed the writing on the wall behind the quilt, it is faith scriptures also on a wall in Izzy's therapy room that I can read while exercising Izzy. I didn't do too bad today, Marshalls had really good prices so it was a win-win situation...
This morning I read Psalms 28, 58, 88, 118, and Proverbs 28. This is a fun way to read Psalms and Proverbs each month. Tomorrow will be 29, 59, 89 and so on...
My favorite verse from today:
The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger.
I trust in him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Psalm 28:7


post signature

12 comments:

KC said...

you got some cute buys, Im glad the shopping helped. I'll be praying for Izzy. (((HUGS)))

Barb said...

The before and after photos in your Real Moms post brought tears to my eyes, Annie. This thing with her hips must be scary. She's in my prayers.

Robin Green said...

That looks like a little more than 4 pairs of flip flops to me--ahem! Love that quilt- one like that would look great on my bed--so feminine! Already told you I was praying and believing with you concerning Izzy, and I am!

Robin Green said...

And your garden is lovely...

Anonymous said...

I have noticed how positive you are and that you refrain from negative remarks. That is hard to do!!! BUT makes your blog a happy place to be.

ann said...

I know, too, that God can do all things and I believe with the prayers that I'm sure are going up, he is already working on Izzy's hips. I will continue to pray for Izzy and your family. Shopping is a great thing when you're down!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm praying for Izzy. God will take care of her.

Jenny said...

We used to keep scripture written all over Gus' areas too! In fact, I wrote all over his car seat which freaked my mom out! lol!! I, like you, believe there is true power in the Word of God. Adn the "Believe" signs...perfect!! As. always, I'm praying for you all!!

Haley said...

I'm glad that you got some great things at Marshall's! I saw that same quilt the other day and almost bought it! :-)

I will pray for Izzy.

Irene said...

I strongly believe that God who makes limbs can also fix them or guide people on how to mend them. Praying for guidance, for your doctors and for lots of springy mood lifts.
Love flip flops, by the way, and Izzy's dress is fir for a doll!

Susanne said...

Praying for both you and Izzy. I love how you have good things up on the walls in her exercise room to focus on and build your faith.

Jenny said...

"Believe" is the word God has used for my 2007. How exciting it has "popped up" here on your post. I also love crosses, and have them in my house. I don't believe in coincidences, so I know I'm reading the right post! And, good choices while shopping!!!