Thursday, March 29, 2007

SCT~Easy Slow Cooker French Dip


I have been out and about all morning. I took Iz to school this morning, and then went to look for OU (Oklahoma University) fleece material. I had made a fleece blanket (you know, the type you make by cutting strips and tying it together?) Anyway, I have put that over Izzy in the past on cold days and they are having a fundraiser/carnival this weekend and Izzy's class is doing a OU basket for the auction. I asked what they had gotten so far and they quickly asked if I could make an OU blanket like Izzy's purple blanket. I luckily found the fleece this morning so that's what I'll be working on this afternoon. I'll try to post a pic when I finish. I am not really into sports memorabilia, but some really are so hopefully this will help the basket raise more money for the dreamcatcher playground at the school. This playground is really a blessing, the swings are so cool and Izzy loves to swing on them. This is a pic of her swinging...

Anyway, it is Thursday... and that means time for more slow cooker recipes (which I love by the way). Better late than never. Head over to Sandra's blog for more...



Easy Slow Cooker French Dip

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 pounds rump roast
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
  • 6 French rolls
  • 2 tablespoons butter

DIRECTIONS

  1. Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  3. Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
  4. Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping.

post signature

11 comments:

By the grace of God ... said...

This sounds yummy too!
Your link is wrong on Mr. Linky == can you fix it?
Izzy looks totally relaxed!

Anonymous said...

I love French Dip! Ty for sharing!

MJ

Julie said...

This sounds so good! I am going to try it sometime next week.
Be sure and post a picture of the blanket. I want to see it.
I want to make a baby blanket, but I don't have a sewing machine, and I don't have much time or creativity. The fleece blanket sounds easy, but also sounds too warm for summer. Do you have any ideas for easy baby blankets?

Constance said...

Happy Thursday Annie !

How is Izzy doing today ? I used to love going on the swings at school...

Looking forward to seeing the fleece blanket you make for the school !

Thanks for the recipe ! It's so nice to share such yummy stuff !

You absolutely blew my mind at the post you left on my blog... I think you hit it so correctly, it was eerie... How did you know ???

Anonymous said...

We love french dip sandwiches around here. Must be all the "slurping" you get to do with the dipping sauce!

jenny said...

I've never mad a french dip sandwich, but I LOVE them. Thanks for sharing!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I haven't had a french dip sandwich in AGES! Yum! My husband would appreciate if you would make a burnt orange and white fleece blanket. lol :) Can't wait to see pics of your blankets. That picture of Izzy is cute--she does look relaxed!

Robin Green said...

I LOVE those socks. Great recipe. I have only made french dip sandwiches once. They are so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Those swings are great! They had them at the rehab center Sadie used to go to for Sensory Integration therapy. I must say, Izzy is living the life in that picture, LOL. She's just so cute! Love her socks and shoes!!

Eagles Wings said...

copied over to my cooking software in the list to try. I love these!
Thanks for a new one!
and thanks for stopping by mine.

Sandra said...

Love this, can't wait to make it....thank you for sharing Annie.

I LOVE all of Izzy's pics, she's such a sweetheart, love her new smile :)

Hugs,
Sandra