Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas

chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (2-3 cups)
can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese
28 oz. green enchilada sauce
8 oz. cheddar cheese
15 flour tortillas

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, 1/2 the cheddar cheese, and enough enchilada sauce to make the mixture moist.
  3. Mix all ingredients well. Make sure the cream cheese is not clumpy.
  4. In a large rectangular baking dish pour enough enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.
  5. In each tortilla put approximatley 3-4 large tablespoons of the mixture.
  6. Roll each tortilla and place into the pan.
  7. Once pan is full, pour enough enchilada sauce on top to make sure each tortilla is covered.
  8. Sprinkle remianing cheese on top.
  9. Bake for between 25 and 30 minutes.
  10. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
  11. Garnish with sour cream, lettuce, olives, etc .
  12. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Kricket said...

This will definetly be on my next week menu!!!

Amber said...

Those sound yummy!

Anonymous said...

We LOVED these, Annie! I used cream of mushroom soup rather than chicken. Cream of chicken soup turns my tummy, for some reason. I also used red enchilada sauce. These are a keeper! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe! :o)

Jennifer said...

Hi Annie. I know I'm commenting on an old post, but I just wanted you to know that these have become a family favorite in our house and to everyone else I've served them to! I lost my recipe and had to come get it to print again because I'm making them again today. Thanks for sharing this - it is the best enchilada one I've come across!