Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Real Moms~




Thanks Carrie for tagging me for this meme about "real moms." The idea is to think of just one thing that *real moms* do.



Real moms Pray for their Children!!!

This is magnified by Izzy's accident/recovery... but, even before this happened I prayed for my children on a daily basis. I prayed for their future spouses, I prayed for their teachers, I prayed for their health. I still pray for all these things and also pray for protection. I think prayer is the most important thing we can do for our children. I also pray for my mothering skills and for wisdom in dealing with situations regarding the children.
I'm leaving you with two pictures, one of Izzy a month or so before her accident, the other is me & Izzy a few months after her accident...






































"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results." James 5:16 NLT


post signature

15 comments:

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Aw, what sweet photos. Amen to your post on mothers praying for children. I can't imagine not praying!

ann said...

I, too, am a believer of praying for my children! When we had problems when they were younger, we would sit together, holding hands and I would pray aloud - I wanted them to hear the prayers I was offering on their behalf! I know without those answered prayers, we would never have made it!

Michelle said...

what a great post; and so true!

KC said...

So So Ture.. Great post. Love the pics of Izzy.

Mandalyn said...

The pictures of Izzy are so sweet! I also believe in praying for your chidren. I am so grateful that my mother always prayed for me.

My Trendy Tykes said...

I love the photos! Praying for our children is very important indeed.

OH I featured your blog today on mine.

Linda

Anonymous said...

I love that! You're so right! We pray for our children. Praying for your children's future spouse really touched me. That's something many of us may not think of but is wonderful! Sweet, Sweet pictures of Izzy! She's such a little angel!

Sonya said...

Sweet, sweet photos! She looks like a happy little girl. We'll be praying for her and for you as you care for her!

Irene said...

"Pray for each other"; that and loving each other are the supreme commandments, the best we can do for our children.
Beautiful little Izzy.

Okie Food Traveler said...

Thank you for sharing...what a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I love the pictures. Izzy is so precious. I just want to squeeze her. You are such a wonderful mommy.

Jenny said...

Great words of wisdom.
You look so similar to a woman in my church, that every time I see her, I will think of you. And I will say a prayer for you on those days.

Susanne said...

Izzy is adorable! Sweet pictures. Thanks for the encouragement to pray for my kids!

Anonymous said...

So true, and we can never pray for them too much! Great picture - so sweet!

Robin Green said...

Hmmm, I'm wracking my brain to figure out who Coach J says you look like in our church. I can't think of anyone! If I haven't told you already--the pictures are precious! I admire you so much for your love and devotion to your children.