1. PUT AWAY MY CHRISTMAS STUFF!!! It's about time, huh? I actually organized everything much better than last year. I labeled my storage tubs by room and they are snug in the attic! It's a happy thing. I ran in Walmart tonight and bought snowman burner covers (WHY oh why?... 75% off just does something to my reasoning skills)... anyway, I also left the decor in the hall bathroom because it is non-Christmas type snowmen/snowflakes. The rug is blue with white snowflakes and I got the toothbrush holder for the kids that makes their toothbrushes the arms of the snowmen... and a snowman soap dispenser... and snowflakes hanging from the mirrors. I have decided to leave it all until I change over to Valentine's decorations in there! BUT, I could not find my valentine tubs in the attic today so I'm slightly disturbed and feel a twitch coming on (I hate to misplace things).
2. Swept & mopped the front room and kitchen/dining room. There was wax down the hallway (wood floors) from our power outage because the kids had to use candles to walk down the hall (yes we had flashlights, they just liked the candles). So I even scraped all the wax that has irritated me every day. You know when you look down the hall and can see the shading of something but just walk by time after time? When you finally do something and realize it took less than five minutes you think, "why didn't I do this weeks ago instead of sweeping/mopping over it???"
3. Organized the top of the hall bookshelves. I guess because they are so high they have become a catch all. I pulled everything down and threw most of it away.
4. Took that little thing off the front bottom of the fridge and washed it.
5. Washed the trash can and lid. I had one of those silver metal trash cans in the kitchen, you know the kind that have the push thing on the little door... HATED IT!!! I mean it was cute to look at but functionality was 0%. It was terrible. I finally bought a trash can that I love! It's the little things that make me happy!
6. Did izzy's stuff... Gave her a bath, put her foot splints on... and put her in her stander for an hour. She had a good day today.
7. Made Emelia a dds appointment because she mentioned last night her tooth was hurting (oh no!).
8. Did all our laundry. Can't remember how many loads today, but it's done!
9. Had mom and dad over for dinner and to watch the OU game on tv.
10. Went to walmart (as mentioned previously) to buy food items ... and milk.. and soy milk. I threw out all the snack food today. All of it. It's a new day!
11. Had dad down for lunch. Matt and the kids went home with him and helped him gather broken branches. They got a lot done down there and I got a lot down with them out of the house for a few hours.
12. Reorganized the kitchen. With all the Christmas stuff gone it looks empty, but really really clean. I like that.
13. Called Office Depot to ask them what to do about my new laptop. The screen goes black about every 45 minutes and I have to reboot. Not good. They said to bring it back and exchange it for another. You know what that means? I will be backing up files (yet again) tomorrow to start over! What is up with that? I'm not complaining... at least it happened while under warranty.