Thursday, January 10, 2008

thursday!

It's Thursday... I think it's gonna be another busy day. I spent the morning yesterday cleaning up the house and getting Izzy ready for school because I thought the insurance adjuster was scheduled for the afternoon. I came home and looked over some notes I took while talking to the insurance company only to realize the appointment was for thursday. I guess it felt like Thursday yesterday... so I get to do it all again today. There is so much damage, mostly fences. Also the well house is pretty damaged and the trampoline. I noticed there is debris on the roof, but I'm not sure if there is any damage there.

I was looking at the postings I've done for money over the last month and realized I made over $500 last month! That makes it worth it. I know it is annoying when you log into bloglines and I have 16 new posts, but I just want to tell you that if you click on my page I try to keep my current relevant post on top so you don't have to work through all those posts. I do have to put small posts between the others for some of the places and I usually label them "spacers." Really it's encouraging to find something I can do with my limited situation and actually make money which comes in really handy with Amanda's car and everything that goes along with it. Seriously I have been a SAHM for many years now, as the kids went to pre-school etc. I always went to school too because I love going to school! But now I don't have that option, and it is just really nice to feel like I am bringing in a little money. Me, all by myself. I'm not taking God out of this equation in any way, trust me. I know all good things come from God.

Amanda had a little melt down yesterday. She is really stressed at school. I suggested she change her schedule but she is too stubborn for that. I think maybe she is in too many difficult, time consuming classes. For her nothing short of perfection will do so she is very stressed. I am not sure if I should contact her counselor or just let it work itself out.

This is day five without coke! It hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. Since this is a week of prayer and fasting I am trying so hard not to be focused on weight. It is hard though. I think the new year just magnifies my goals for health and weight. Next week.

It has been a good week. Many blessings. Now I'm off to get Izzy out of bed. Everyone else is gone to school or work (matt) and it's very quiet. I can only hear the dryer in the distance. I love that sound. quiet. Have a great Thursday.

post signature

19 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I hope the insurance adjuster treats you fairly and that all the damage will be taken care of.

I am NEVER annoyed by your pay per posts! I'm so happy you can earn money while at home taking care of Izzy! :)

Amanda reminds me so much of Lauren. She too expected perfection from herself in difficult high school classes, and there were some meltdown days! Sometimes she took care of the problem herself, and other times she wanted helf from us in contacting her counselor or teacher.

Five days without Coke? Wow, I'm impressed! Good job! :D

I love a quiet house, too! :o)

Nancy Face said...

Help, not helf! (Yes, I am too much of a perfectionist, haha!)

Monkey Giggles said...

Good Morning Annie,

Can you share your secret about making money. Pleeeeeeeese.

I have been tinkering with my blog template. Still not real happy with it, but it is getting there. I takes me sooooo long.

Well, have a Happy Thursday!

smiles and hugs

gail@more than a song said...

You're quitting coke, way to go! I felt so much better when I quit, now if I could just quit with sugar I'd be even better.
I think it's great that you can make so much money blogging! Very impressive.
It's raining here, bummer.

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Have fun with the insurance adjuster! I know that mess sucks!

I love quiet! I can't remember the last time I heard it, though.

Whitney said...

Good job at going 5 days without Coke!!! I might die if I tried to go that long without my Diet Dr. Pepper, ha ha. (jk) I'm impressed, and good luck, keep going! That's awesome :)

ohAmanda said...

Annie! I love that you made $500! I think it really is a gift from God! I'm sorry I'm so behind on your blog (life)...I miss you!

dquiggles said...

I hope Amanda gets to feeling better, also I'm glad you are doing so well with PPP! :-)

Have a great day!

OKGardners said...

Curiousity ...
Do you have to have Comments on the "ads" to get paid?

I was thinking that you did have to have them, so that is why I try to put something on the ones I see. Let me know...

Betty

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

You know, I've been ok'd by pay per post for some time now. I should really start doing those things. $500.00? Wow, I'm jealous :) Hope Amanda is having a better day!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie,

As a mom who has just gone through similar with my son(regarding classes and the difficulty). I highly recommend letting Amanda know some of your concerns but let her make the final decision, even if it is difficult. Even allowing her to go to the counselor on her own. Our temptation as parents is to 'fix' it for them. High School is a great place for them to really learn to go talk through the difficult things, and for us as parents to learn to 'guide' rather than 'lead'. Our Teens really want the guidance, and as I have just learned with my son, it pays off!

He was in difficult classes that he really did not need. He is a Senior going for a Honors HS Dep. After much struggle, he did go talk to his counselor.. (later than I would have liked). He discussed his 'bigger' plan, and got her wisdom.. only to decide to withdraw from one of the classes. The stress that I saw in Him all before Christmas is now much lower! He feels better about it all, and He was the one in charge of the decision.. which I really think helped to boost his confidence.
Long response I know... but this is a time of letting them learn while we help to have a safe place to land whenever they need it. I will pray for Amanda... she will get through it.

Dena said...

That's awesome - I was sort of wondering what was going on! I didn't know about these blogging for cashola thing! ChaCHING!

Yvonne said...

I hope the insurance adjustor gets there and everything works out. We went through Hurricane Hugo when we lived in NC and it was such a pain!!! (But at least we still had a house ; )

Each child is different, so I don't want to give you any advice about Amanda. (She sounds a lot like my Heidi)

Congrats on the no coke. Keep it up--It will get easier.

Constance said...

I think it is good that you are earning money and being resourceful that way, Annie.

Too bad Amanda doesn't drop one of her classes. It's hard to learn that extra stress isn't always necessary in order to be a good, successful person.

5 days without any coke to drink ? excellent !

Toknowhim said...

Annie,

My "Know & Tell" is up..come by...

Busy Bee Lauren said...

500 dollars?! That is truly amazing!

Amanda sounds a lot like me. Tell her Lauren says relax and don't stress out because High School is too fun to stress out about. She can do that in college :)

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Well good grief! That's not bad money, missy! Congratulations!!

I hope Amanda is feeling better about her load soon. It can be so overwhelming when they're perfectionists, can't it? I remember when Kaleb got his first B. He was distraught. I actually had to go to the school and talk to the teacher because he insisted he should have had an A. As is turns out, he was right. She'd given him the grade of the kid below him in her grade book. Unfortunately, I guess he realized that, while getting a B wasn't great, it wasn't the end of the world either because it didn't effect him quite as badly the next time he got one. Or the time after that. Or the time after that time! Heck, nowadays, he's almost casual when he gets a B. I'm glad he's not having a nervous breakdown over it, but I'm not sure if I'm happy about it either....lol

Patriot said...

Hi! Just stopped by and I love your layout! $500 just to blog - that's pretty good! Hope you have a great weekend!

Jill said...

Wow! The blogging for pay has really paid off! Good for you, Annie!