Thursday, January 3, 2008

sct~chicken spaghetti















I'm pulling out some of my oldie but goodie crock pot recipes (since it is a new year... and a new diet). This recipe is always good, always easy, and best of all ... not full of fat!

chicken breasts (I use frozen
boneless skinless)
several cloves of
garlic
salt
italian spices (tone's spicy
spaghetti seasoning)
ragu roasted garlic spaghetti
sauce
whole wheat pasta (I use
linguini)
olive oil
fresh parmesan cheese
I lay the chicken breasts in the bottom of my crockpot, add a few pinches of kosher salt, press several cloves of garlic, then add a spice called spice for spaghetti that I buy in a big container at Sams wholesale club (you could use basil and oregano and a little red pepper flakes too though), pour the sauce over the top... I use one jar for just us and two if we have guests. I let this cook on low all day and then prepare the whole wheat pasta, drain it and put a drizzle of olive oil and a clove of garlic pressed into it and stirred while hot, I serve the chicken over the garlic pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese over the top.



Visit Sandra for more slow cooker recipes (every Thursday!)

post signature

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Annie!

The recipe looks yummy, thanks for sharing!


MJ

Just Me :) said...

This looks absolutely yummy!!! Thanks so much for sharing it! :)

Becca L. said...

This sounds great! I think I'll put it on the menu for next week!

Renee said...

This sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.
Happy New Year!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Busy Bee Lauren said...

That sounds so yumbly!

Sandra said...

It sounds SO good Annie :)

And I love your new blog look, it's too cute :)

gail@more than a song said...

This sounds soooo good! I think Stacy told me about it and gave me some of that spice stuff she got at Sam's, it was in a big container I think and she shared some with me! I'll have to try this out.

jennwa said...

I am going to have to try that. Yummy. Thanks.

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! That sounds delicious!