Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year's Day ~ 2008


How did I spend my New Year's?

Well, I tivo'd Australian biggest loser marathon and spent the day cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and watching the show. It has been a nice quiet day!

I wish I could say my tree and decorations are all snug in the attic. They are still out. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

I made the dips and little piggie in the blankets, and about four other things... they were yummy but when we went down to Mom's for dinner tonight (ham, hot rolls, black eyed peas, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, fudge) I left it all there because tomorrow is back to the old diet! I'm ready for it!

I've also been reading about new year's resolutions on a lot of blogs. I like what I've been reading, very inspiring stuff out there. I am constantly reminded why I love blogging so much when I am out reading your blogs. I haven't put a pen to my list yet but I have several things swimming around my brain. I read a great devotional about making resolutions and what God's word says about that. I think I'll post it on my faith lift friday post. It was really good!

I've been saying (a lot) that 2008 will be GREAT! I feel it. I can feel God's love and blessings shining down on me and know it's going to be a year full of blessings. I pray blessings for all of you - my bloggy bff's! Love you guys.

post signature

12 comments:

Theresa said...

I usually take down the tree today, but just didn't have the energy- so don't feel bad your tree has company.

I always get drawn into those marathon shows, last Thanksgiving, my niece and me watch an entire season of Top Chef.

Yes may 2008 be great!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I ALWAYS take my tree down ON Christmas Day! My personal limit would be the day after Christmas, but guess what? Mine is still up! We left for Arizona at 3 a.m. on the day after Christmas and just got back the night of New Year's Eve. We spent the day in Choctaw because we had to pick up our dog (who stayed with Chance while we were gone), so it looks like our decor might be up until Saturday. UGH!

I LOVE New Year's! I made my goals and posted them. So fun!

Karen Hossink said...

I am not so much into resolutions as I am into reflecting and wondering...Had a great quiet time this morning reflecting on 2007 and wondering about 2008. I wasn't going to post it, but now you've got me thinking - maybe I will!

Nancy Face said...

I wish my tree and decorations were still up, haha! I got them all packed away yesterday, and it's funny how drab the living room looks! But I'm glad it's clean, and it looks so much bigger without the tree! :o)

We started our diet yesterday, and our dinner was that yummy crock pot recipe you shared on your blog, with the chicken and black beans and hominy and Ro-tel! It was so good, and we just had a salad instead of cornbread to make it diet-y! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, and many, many blessings to you and your family! I ♥ you tons! :o)

Anonymous said...

i took my christmas down the day after christmas!!!
happy new years!

Jill said...

Annie- I hope 2008 is GREAT for you and your family. And, my tree is still up. I enjoyed it right up until yesterday (New Years Day) but today it's worn out its welcome.

gail@more than a song said...

Happy New Year Annie! I rested and went to the movie....wish my christmas stuff was in the attic as well...yours probably is by now but still working on mine!

Constance said...

Annie,
The diet - and the resolutions - will all go well, I can feel it !
(hugs))
Loving Annie

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Annie,

Love the new look and your optimistic attitude about 2008!

I haven't actually put a pen to paper on what my goals and dreams (not resolutions...they tend to vear off into negative sometimes) are for this year, but I know that God's blans and dreams are SO much bigger than anything I could ever hope for, so as for right now I am resting in Him.

Happy New Year!
Melissa

Dust-bunny said...

My tree will be up until "Little Christmas" even though I don't celebrate it (it's really just an excuse for me to keep up my beloved decorations just a little longer)!

I, too, believe that 2008 will be a great year. I wish you all the best, and may God bless you and your family.

Yvonne said...

That's why I love to read your blog--I always feel good after reading your posts!!! Like you, I have lots of things swimming in my brain and will come up with a list of resolutions soon. I will be back on Friday to read yours ; )

Anonymous said...

I haven't made any resolution yet..maybe like in the past years I won't but I am working in trying to become a better me. Heheh. For whatever it's worth.

May everyone in your family have a blessed New Year. Give my love to Izzy. And many thanks for the visit.

VERB