Monday, January 14, 2008

menu plan monday!

I started weight watchers online this week. I haven't actually thought about the menu this week until now! Today after church we had a great lunch. I put potatoes in the crock pot overnight and cooked some steaks and rolls and corn. Amanda's boyfriend probably told me 20X how good lunch was LOL! I guess I know what he likes now... We had a wonderful morning at church. It was ... well... different and life changing. Anyway, after church and after lunch and after feeding Izzy and even after cleaning the kitchen and starting laundry I went to the park to walk/run. I needed the extra 2 activity points for ww for dinner! I walked and ran a little for 30 minutes. I used bailey's ipod (he and his friend were with me) and decided to have my own music next time! His music was too loud and loud. He's such a sweet kid, I just ♥ him! (I ♥ all my kids of course!). We had a potluck tonight at church. The theme was surf & turf. I took some pizzas. LOL! They were gone faster than anything else. I guess kids prefer pizza to "clam chowder"... I had one (tiny) slice of pizza, one shrimp, and three hushpuppies to finish off my points for the day including my activity points! I wanted a brownie so bad but was strong!

I've been wanting to try quinoa. I have this recipe bookmarked and will make it this week if I can find the quinoa around here. It's supposed to be super healthy!

I may make this giant ww omelet (or something similar) one night!

I think Monday night we'll do Mazzio's because one topping pizzas are $6, and the kids love mazzios!

And one night I plan to make this ww salsa crock pot chicken!

We had subway last night and enjoyed it so much I think we'll have subway Wednesday night.

So... that wasn't too hard! voila.... my menu is complete :)

Oh, some other things from this weekend... we went to the memorial service. It was at an episcopal church. That was very interesting. I have never been to a service like that before. I guess it is similar to the catholic church. I really liked some of the things they did though, and the lesson was very good. The preacher reminded me and Matt of his grandmother (marmar).

post signature

26 comments:

Kim said...

Hooray for you Annie! Weight Watchers is so do-able. Your week looks yummy and easy. :) Thanks for the sweet comments tonight on my blog. See what I mean? Everyone is so darn nice and affirming!
*smiles*
Kim

Michelle said...

Hi Annie :)Good luck on the ww!Enjoy your subway night *hey if Jerrod can do it* lol.Have a great week.

Nancy Face said...

Your menu sounds great! Weight Watchers is such an awesome plan! I am sooo proud of you for resisting that brownie, woo hoo! :D

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I am follwing WW, too! I hope you get great results!

It's funny that you should mention quinoa. I had never heard of it until the other day when another mom left on a message board a recipe for quinoa. Here is the link if your interested in it. It sounds good. http://healthycooking.suite101.com/article.cfm/quinoa_and_butternut_squash_gratin

palmtreefanatic said...

super Annie! Looks like a great week! I need to start going this route SOON!

Sharon said...

Hello,
Good luck w/ ww! I've been doing it since May. It's so life-compatible. ;) Most of my meal plans are WW oriented, though I don't list the points.

You'll have to update on the quinoa. I've been wanting to try it, too!
Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn said...

WW is wonderful. Good Luck!!

Betsy said...

Good luck on WW!

Judi said...

looks like a good menu. I have been thinking of doing the weight watchers online too. Let me know how you like it. :) love ya!

Shana said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog. And thanks for asking about the chicken. I meant to link to that one and forgot. I have added a link if you would like to see the recipe. My oldest son loves this chicken and he is the one who "named" it. :o) I see that you are on WW. You could always sub the ingredients with low fat and fat free. :o)

HomeSchool Mommy said...

What was so different and life changing about your experience?

DEHausfrau said...

Good luck with your new ww recipes!
Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

Haley said...

Glad to hear your doing well with your diet so far! Also, hope that the WW recipes workout for you.

Hope Izzy is ok!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, you are doing great so far! Good for you for going to the park with the iPod (you need one of your own!), and for resisting that brownie. I don't think I could pass a brownie by :)

Your menu sounds good - hope you guys have an awesome week!

Michelle said...

Great plan! Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Annie,

I love how you are all over the place. It makes me laugh, cause it is SO like me!

You know I have a son named Bailey too, don't you? He's almost 12.

Anywho, the meals sound great...and I am in WW as well. I used to be a leader, then when all that happened with my oldest being in the hospital I sort of let things go a bit (understandable, yes, but still).

Glad to see you are having fun with it!

Melissa

Jodi said...

Everything sounds wonderful! Good luck with the diet.

Be blessed!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

WTG on getting in that exercise and resisting the brownie! Best wishes on your weight loss journey :)

lori said...

yea for you for starting WW....
and for skipping that brownie!!:)

It's the small victories!!
I peeked at the salsa crock pot...I'm going to copy it...I am a crock pot user during the week!!
thanks for sharing Annie!!
I need to stop by more often!!
hugs,
lori

Dovey said...

Annie, that quinoa recipe looks like something I'll have to try. It has a mild flavor and the last time I used it, I cooked it with water. It was quite awful (so don't do that!). I think I may try it in another recipe soon though. Thanks for the inspiration!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Thanks for stopping by! I started Weight Watchers today too. I'm going to have to try that salsa crockpot chicken!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for visiting me today. I ditto homeschool mommy's question. And I lost almost 60 lbs on WW before my daughter was born. It can be done! Best wishes,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful plan. I have bookmarked the crock pot chicken to use sometime in the future.

Have a wonderful week!

Yvonne said...

I love weight watchers. I think it is the best plan out there. Congrats on not having that brownie. That sour cream salsa chicken looks great. I use my crock pot quite often.

Jill said...

Good luck with WW online. A couple in my Sunday School class has had great success. The husband has lost nearly 60#.

ohAmanda said...

Good for you starting ww. Dh is doing it, too. I'm off to check your recipes. (I forgot about Hungry Girl! I like her!)

I want to hear about church...