Friday, January 18, 2008

know & tell friday #8

Question 1
Which is worse? Being gossiped about or being lied to? being gossiped about for sure... not that I enjoy being lied to or anything, but it seems the lesser of two evils.
Question 2
I see that a lot of ladies out there in blogville are "Starbucks" gals... What is your favorite "Starbucks" drink? I always order hot chocolate (when I take amanda for her caramel frap double blah blah blah)
Question 3
Name an embarrassing moment (Make it good). When amanda was in about 2nd or 3rd grade, she had been up all night (we had been up all night) because there was a bug floating around the family... I slept in not expecting her to go to school being sick. When I got up around 9 am there was no Amanda. I had to call the school to ask if she was there. She had gotten herself up, gotten ready, and even packed her little lunchbox all by herself. Her determination was strong even when she was young and I guess it shouldn't surprise me that she is top in her class.... but it was embarrassing as a mother to call school to see if her daughter was there. (and not sound very scared!
Question 4
I figure that most of us ladies out there are bargain shoppers and that we find ways to save money, but what is one thing that you don't mind spending your bucks on? I spend the most money on my hair probably... and food.
Bonus Questions
Question 5
Is it hard for you to ask some to forgive you when you have wronged them? Nope. Pride went out the door years ago.
Question 6
Give one of your best parenting tips...something that you have learned through experience...Stay tuned in. Know who your kids are talking to and what they are doing. Ask lots of questions...

10 comments:

Yvonne said...

That first question is a toughy--I don't like either, but I think I would go with being lied to. If the gossip was just about me, I could get over it. If it involved my husband and kids, that would be different. I struggle when people lie to me.

LOL at your embarrassing moment.

That's a great parenting tip ; )

Judi said...

Great fun! funny embarrassing moment there. And ditto for me on spending the most on hair and food!

Toknowhim said...

Wow, I can't believe your little girl got ready and went to school on her own.. that might be a tad embarrassing, but probably more scary :(... Oh, I may change my answer to spending my money on hair (even the fake hair :).... I agree Pride has to go out the door... My pride does try to creep in the back door at times.

Blessings Annie...

Family O'Foxes said...

Wow, that is amazing that she was so capable to get herself to school.

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh, that would be so embarrassing and scary to call the school and not know where your child was! How resourceful of her to get herself all ready! I imagine she learned after that to tell Mom before leaving the house, LOL!

So agree with your answer to the last one.

Lana G! said...

Your little girl is a crack up! I have to agree on the hair spending as well!

Jennifer said...

Great Know & Tell this week! Hope you have a great weekend!

Jennifer :-)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

when I take amanda for her caramel frap double blah blah blah

haha! That cracked me up! You are so funny.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

does she have a bloggy yet?

Nancy Face said...

I agree with you...I don't like being lied to, but gossip is awful.

Like Lauren said, the way you described Amanda's drink was funny! And how unexpected that Amanda got herself to school all by her little self way back then! She is amazing! :o)

I am as frugal as they come...except when it comes to fine jewelry! (But I only spend gift money on it, for the most part!)

I love your answer regarding forgiveness and pride.