Saturday, January 12, 2008

just stuff...

So... Friday was a pretty nice day! The weather was just about perfect. Me & Izzy went to the church this morning for the final day of the week of prayer and fasting prayer time. It was a good experience. As I laid Izzy down on the front of the auditorium so I could pray I thought about Abraham's willingness to sacrifice Isaac as a burnt offering. (gen.22) I could feel the trust he had in his God, in my God. I again prayed to God acknowledging that she is His child. I gave her to God shortly after the accident and have put ALL my trust in Him. I wondered what I would do if God told me to sacrifice my child? Would I be obedient? Would my trust level be enough? I know Matthew 7:11 says, " If you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him," so I know that God knows more than I do how to bless me and my family as well. I prayed this week for answers and I feel that I have gotten them. I trust God. period.

Today we are going to a memorial service in the morning for the wife of one of Matt's co-workers. She died around Christmas. Matt came home a week or so ago with a blanket from her. She had crocheted around the edges and had pinned "Izzy" onto it. I don't think she knew that her life was going to be over so quickly, but I do know she wanted Izzy to have that blanket. Very nice I think.

Emelia has a basketball game later in the day. It's always fun to watch them lose play. Emelia is funny to me and I am generally the score keeper. I like keeping score. It makes me feel like I am part of the sport rather than just sitting on the bleachers watching. Her games are at the junior high I grew up in. Lots of memories there. Another perk is the scorekeeper gets in free! No $4 for me!

I forgot to tell you the insurance adjuster came and went Thursday. We came out pretty well. She said we had more debris than any other home she has assessed. We have had lots of trees. They are paying for debris removal as well as fence replacement. Bailey will get a new trampoline and the protective netting and I am hoping to get him the ping pong table he's been eying since our disneyworld trip! He had so much fun playing at the villa while we were there. I'll be glad to see things getting cleaned up, it's a sad sight. We couldn't do too much until it was assessed... Our home was not damaged at all.

15 comments:

Irene said...

I was moved by what you said about placing Izzy to God's hands. The analogy is shocking, isn't it?
I'm glad you found peace. I know through the troubled past years how tiring it is to be feeling confused, uncertain,in the dark.
I read the following passage, this morning:
"All of us have been tempted to lose hope and give up. But we always have a choice: focus on God and stay in faith, or focus on the problem and give up".
Easily said than done...But we must try.

Susan said...

Wow about Izzy and this time of prayer & fasting.

So glad you are coming out ok with the insurance on the storm damage. Mickey is going over today and try and held our younger son get some tree limbs cut up. We've had our names on "the list" with a friend who is in the tree service but he is so booked up hasn't gotten to get to us yet. Mickey will just get the ones on the ground and the tree guy will have to get the serious tree damage later. What a mess. Tulsa has them stacked up EVERYWHERE!!!
Susan

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Glad your week of prayer and fasting has been blessed!

Anonymous said...

I love your new look. Glad everything is looking ok from the storm! Bless your heart!

Yvonne said...

Annie, you have amazing faith. I appreciate your words.

When my oldest son played Little League, I was the official scorekeeper at all of his games. I loved it!

So glad everything is coming together after the storm.

Anonymous said...

Annie, What a great current day picture of the Sacrifice the Abraham was to make of Issac. Brought tears to my eyes!

We do have to develop that level of trust with the Lord! It is the absolute only way to live today.

How precious to receive a blanket from this precious lady! What a testimony to her life that she was putting others first.

Be Blessed and enjoy the game tomorrow.

ohAmanda said...

You are so candid, Annie! I love what you said about Izzy. You know in Hebrews 11:19, it says that Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac b/c he thought God would bring I back to life. He was so FIRM in God's promise that he would be the father of many nations. I know you strive to be that firm. And I believe God will do Abraham sized miracles in Izzy's life!

Angela Baylis said...

You gave Izzy to God and that is so awesome! She couldn't be in better hands! I can't imagine having to sacrifice either of my kids either. It's so sweet how that woman wanted Izzy to have the blanket. It gives me the chills!

Take care and have a great weekend!
Love,
Angie xoxo

gail@more than a song said...

Good stuff Annie!

The basketball was always fun for us. Hope the service went good..I had a funeral Saturday to go to as well. Sad and tragic, one of my friends had a son who took his life.

Dust-bunny said...

Hi Annie,

You have amazing faith, just like Abraham...you are really an inspiration. May God love and bless your entire family.

Karen said...

Your faith is such an inspiration to me, Annie. Thank you for sharing.

Tammy and Parker said...

I love your faith. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Justabeachkat said...

What a sweet post Annie! I know it's comforting to know God holds Izzy Bear in His hands.

Well, my company is gone and I'm kinda/sorta caught up around the house. It's been fun this afternoon reading through all your posts I missed this past week. I was kinda shocked when I checked my Bloglines and it said 64...then I remembered your ads. LOL I'm glad doing those has helped with a little extra $$$$.

I hope your weekend has been a good one.

Hugs!
Kat

Constance said...

Good Sunday evening to you, Annie.

Glad that things came out well with the insurance adjuster.

That was sad about Matt's co-worker's wife. It was kind of her to be making a blanket for Izzy. Her caring goes on in the warmth it will bring.

Scorekeeper for Emelia's basketball games sounds fun.

BELIEVE.

Nancy Face said...

It was very touching reading of your sweet experience praying for Izzy and thinking of Abraham and Isaac. Your faith is so strong, and it is very inspiring.

The blanket for Izzy is such a sweet gift...things such as that are treasures! :)

I'm glad the damage to your yard and things is being well taken care of, and I'm so glad your home wasn't damaged! I hope you have some trees remaining!