Thursday, December 6, 2007

thursday thirteen ~ 13 things on my mind this morning...


1. Some people have commented that my new header isn't showing up for them. It shows up for me so I'm not sure what the problem is... is it still gone?
2. I am in transition on my blog, I have changed it to it's own domain (mylifeasannie.com) and it will take three days to completely switch over. When it does it will direct everyone to the new site?
3. I have been writing a lot of paid posts. I hope it's not annoying you guys too much. It is just a way I can earn a little cash while being here with Izzy. Just look over those with the label "ppp" if they are annoying to you. I will still be posting my normal stuff between (maybe a little more to make spacers) like recipes and silly stuff... What do you think?
4. I bought some little pre-lit christmas trees to put in the stone pots on each side of my front door. The lights don't work and I'm trying to decide if I want to just put my own lights on or take them back... taking them back is really a pain!
5. Christmas shopping is going pretty well, I am hoping to get close to finishing this weekend. I almost don't like finishing too early because then I end up buying a lot of extras that are probably unnecessary.
6. Izzy's box of Gymboree stuff came yesterday. Such adorable stuff like this cape which I absolutely love. You should have seen her yesterday rolling into pre-k... she had on her light pink outfit with little reindeers on it, the cape, her christmas jewelry... so cute! (oh, and her leopard print shoes :o).
7. Tomorrow night is the ladies holiday party at church. I need to take a dirty santa gift. The limit is $10.00. I have a $10 gift card from Target and thought I'd take that, but a lady last night told me she spent more to get a nice gift. I've never been to a holiday party here so I'm not sure if I should find something better? I have a big bag full of bath and body stuff... should I take some of that instead or some ss jewelry I have set aside?
8. I also need to take my favorite snack... which is probably spinach dip. I went to three stores Sunday in search of the knorr vegetable soup mix needed to make it. No luck. I guess I will look somewhere else today and then buy all they have to cover me for the holidays...
9. I think I have gained back about five of the pounds I lost before thanksgiving. I started yesterday working again at losing it.
10. There is a 24 hour gym about 2 miles from me I'm thinking about joining... I'm just not sure I would ever use it and it would be a waste of money... but watching biggest loser inspires me to go sweat (well... glow) and work hard for a better physique.
11. I am so glad I have God in my life. I'm so glad that I can cast all my cares on Him and know He has me covered. Such a blessing.
12. Matt asked me today if I had mailed our Christmas cards... I said, "no, but I plan to take the kids pic this weekend." He thinks people mail them the day after thanksgiving. I say he's wrong. I think by around the middle of the month is the normal starting point for us normal underachievers... am I wrong?
13. This is but the tip of my thought provoking iceberg... Aren't you glad it's not thirty thursday? I could do it! Really I could!


post signature

12 comments:

Julie said...

I know you could do it! Thirty Thursday would be great for you.
I haven't taken my kids' pictures or made my Christmas cards yet either. I agree with you that the middle of the month is the norm. I have a few overachiever friends and I have already gotten their cards, but I understand that they have OCD, so it's ok.

Julie said...

I know you could do it! Thirty Thursday would be great for you.
I haven't taken my kids' pictures or made my Christmas cards yet either. I agree with you that the middle of the month is the norm. I have a few overachiever friends and I have already gotten their cards, but I understand that they have OCD, so it's ok.

Julie said...

Oops, I accidentally hit the button twice. So now you have 3 comments from ME! 1 real one, a repeat, and then this one.

ohAmanda said...

You are so funny! I say go for the ppp! Make some money! And...the cape! I'm jealous!

Michelle said...

Hey great list! Happy TT. Thanks for coming by on Monday.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I love that cape. How sweet is that? And the new blog look is awesome! I haven't gotten my cards out yet either, but I usually have by now. I'm a slacker this year :)

Shawna said...

Love the cape, and I would stick to that money limit for the gift!! I always try to find something that looks expensive even though I didn't pay as much for it:)

I'm still waiting on our picture Christmas cards, so believe me, you're not behind. I did get one in the mail before December though. It kind of freaked me out because I so wasn't ready for the season. I'm a little better now!

Natalie said...

Last year I sent out Happy New Year cards. I've not decided about this year yet. We're doing photos this weekend, too, so I don't think you're behind. You're right on time! :)

I like the new look. The header shows up just fine. I use the Firefox browser.

Nancy Face said...

I see your header, and it's beautiful!

I would take the trees back, even though it really is a pain!

I wish I glowed, but I just SWEAT, haha! :D

We have received one Christmas card...I just barely started on mine last night! :)

gail@more than a song said...

I've had my cards almost a week and haven't mailed any yet! Yikes

Yvonne said...

Izzy's cape is beautiful. I bet she looks lovely.

I wish I glowed--no such luck.

I'm lucky if I get my Christmas cards out by the day after Christmas, no way could I have them done by the day after Thanksgiving ; )

Karen said...

I like your new look:) I broke all records and mailed my cards this week. I'm NEVER that early, but the spirit moved me to write them and it feels so good to have it done. Personally, I think I was a bit too early though!