Monday, December 24, 2007

merry christmas (again) ...


Two down! Matt's sister came Saturday and stayed until today, his mom and John came sunday and aunt Jane Ellen and uncle Ron came Sunday. We had a nice time with them here. Today we went to Bethany to his (paternal) aunt Ginger's house for another celebration! Ginger makes lasagna every year for Christmas Eve. When came home only long enough to leave again for a candlelight service at church. It was a nice day. Really busy though! My mom kept Izzy during church tonight and was troubled that we had communion at church tonight. You see, in the church I was raised in we had communion every Sunday. I was taught that the word says to take communion on the first day of the week and have always believed that it meant every Sunday. The new church is AOG and doesn't do communion very often. I really intend to study this for myself once the holiday rush is over because I don't know how I believe at this point (sad but true). Anyway... It bothered me that she was bothered, and I tried to change the subject...

Speaking of changing the subject... Amanda hit the jackpot this Christmas! Not only did she get the car, she also got a lot of great presents~ they all did. If you have a son, and if that son got the guitar hero III for his WII... you'll feel my headache :o)! Can you say, "loud music?"

At church Sunday evening we watched the Nativity Story. That was such a good movie. I took Amanda to evening services, Bailey and Emelia were at the park walking with Matt's sister and Izzy was resting with Matt. I didn't know it was "movie night." I planned to watch a little and leave but I ended up watching it all. I got chills several times during the movie. It was a great movie and a great reminder of the sacrifice of Christ. I had several epiphanies during the movie.

I highlighted & cut Jane Ann's hair last night after midnight... hit the ground running this morning, making big country breakfast and then getting all the kids ready and out the door. I think I'll get my pj's on and go to bed. I just hope I wake up before the kids do (and hope santa gets the stockings filled tonight sometime).

I hope you are all having a very merry Christmas. I am so thankful for Christ's birth, and for His death on the cross. For me. For you. Thank you Jesus.

post signature

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Busy weekend!! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Justabeachkat said...

I wish for you and yours the merriest of Christmases filled with family, love, food and fun and many memory making moments.

Christmas hugs sweet friend!
Kat

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I did a really in-depth study on communion as I transitioned out of C of C ten years ago. At the time, my family didn't want to hear anything I had to say about what I was learning...they knew the right way. Obviously, you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I think you'll really like what you learn in your study!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I hope you and your family are blessed with a Merry Christmas and a Joyful New Year!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Annie!!
I hope you'll share what you learn about communion. I was raised in a church that did it yearly...and I wished we'd done it more often. However, I wouldn't want to do it so often it became just a ritual.
One thing our family has been studying and practicing is observance of Sabbath. I still don't feel like a theologian on the subject, but I know it's truly a blessing to hold a day apart w/o work! It is truly restful and refreshing and has hugely blessed our family.

Anonymous said...

Annie...

We watched the Nativity Story with our Home Group and what a moving story! I was really impressed with how well they told the story according to scripture. It is well worth purchasing and having in your personal library.

Have a wonderful Christmas Season!