Tuesday, November 27, 2007

time travel tuesday ~ thanksgiving edition


Welcome back to Time Travel Tuesday!
Sorry I've been so "absent" lately.
Hopefully my blogging will resume soon!

Today we are traveling back to Thanksgiving Day!
It shouldn't be a difficult trip given it was only a few days ago.
What was your favorite part of the day?
What was the best thing you ate for dinner?
What are you most thankful for this year?

(If mr. linky doesn't come up... for some reason it doesn't on this computer? Leave a comment and let us know you are participating so we can come read about your day.)

Pettigrew Thanksgiving 2007

Our day started pretty early. We had plans to drive to Tulsa, OK which is about a 2 hour drive. Matt's mother lives in Tulsa as does his aunt Jane Ellen. Matt's sister Jane Ann was driving up from Dallas, TX. Jane Ellen's hubby Ron spent the evening before smoking a big turkey lovingly referred to as "tom." I made green bean casserole, rolls, and spinach dip to take along.
We all loaded up by eleven, dinner was planned for two.
It was a delicious dinner. I always enjoy Paula's dressing and although she did email the recipe, it somehow wasn't the same here at home.
Tom was nice and tasty too, I love turkey.
We had all the usual casseroles and lots of yummy desserts.
I think the best thing I ate was the spinach dip, I love that stuff. Second would be dressing.
We stayed long enough to a. digest our food, and b. for me to color and cut Jane Ann's hair.
Jane Ann's transformation was a miracle to behold. She looked great!
I (being un-trained) never know what the hair will end up looking like, especially when asked to do a cerain style, but it looked really good. I colored it a light brown with highlights and then cut layers around her face and trimmed it all over.
After her hair was finished we headed home.
Emelia stayed in Tulsa until Saturday.
We came home and ate dinner late before heading to bed.
It was a good day.
I am most thankful this year for the blood of Christ, that covers me with forgiveness... healing... and love. I am also thankful for my wonderful family and friends. I love you all.




8 comments:

Nancy Face said...

"Tom" sounds scrumptious! I love smoked turkey! :)

Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful! How sweet of you to do Jane Ann's hair for her...that must have made her so happy! :o)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely day! I'd love to have someone do my hair -- I never know what to do with it.

I had written about Thanksgiving memories on Sunday, so I linked to that post before reading yours and seeing that it was just supposed to be about this last Thanksgiving...sorry about that!!

Constance said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Annie !

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I see you got Mr. Linky working. Of course, I participated.

I have to tell you that I love spinach dip, green bean casserole, and stuffing. And I bet Tom was yummy smoked. I am ready for Thanksgiving again!

OKGardners said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Sounds wonderful!

I had a 10 minute warning that my local daughter and family had finally decided to come for dinner after all. I quickly fixed extra side dishes to "fill in" where I had only fixed a meal for two.

I had to use a lot of imagination to make things work, but it did. Since we had THOUGHT we were only having the two of us for lunch, I had fixed a small 3 lb. Turkey Roast from Butterball. Ed cut it into slices before they got here and I doubled the gravy recipe. I quickly fixed rice & broccoli casserole and browned more Hawaiian rolls for the meal. I also THREW a frozen cherry pie into the oven and that supplemented the half-eaten pumpkin pie from the night before. (We snuck some pieces due to the fact we thought we were dining alone on Thursday.) I had already fixed green bean casserole, sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping, and dressing. We had ripe olives and 2 kinds of pickles, also.

It was a fun, quick meal and it turned out great. We took lots of pictures and fun was had by all!

Betty

Michelle said...

sounds like a wonderful thanksgiving! How neat that you're able to cut and style hair with no training! Wow talented!

A Captured Reflection said...

It sounded so good, and I loved hearing about it. I was going to ask if you'd been doing any more hairstyling of late - you are one gifted lady!

gail@more than a song said...

We went to Stacy's house for the day for Thanksgiving....ended up spending 2 nights! Ate too much food but not as much as I usually do. Only ran a quick errand on Friday while the boys golfed.

I hope you took pictures of the hair transformation!