Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas meme~

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both! I love pretty paper and gift bags for the unwrappable :o)... but not for the kids, they are too nosey to not look in the bags!

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial this year, usually real.

3. When do you put up the tree? the week after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? Day after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? ICK no!!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? baby alive

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, several. Matt likes them. It's hard to find places to put them out though... too much Christmas stuff.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad (found the PERFECT gift for him this year though!)

9. Easiest person to buy for? Emelia. She loves everything from dolls to clothes, from makeup to music.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? batteries. I begged and begged to open one little present before Christmas when I was little, my mom finally relented and I opened a package of batteries!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch and Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sweets of any kind!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. period.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I'm enjoying "wintersong" album by Sarah McLachlan tonight

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
dasher dancer comet cupid donner blitzen prancer vixon rudolf ???


20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Bear (boyd's bear angel)

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crazy rushing around and rude people.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Seeing everyone, giving fun gifts, the pretty decorations ...

14 comments:

Haley said...

I had a Baby Alive! Those were great! :-)

Dena said...

That's SUPER fun! Could you imagine emailing CHRISTmas cards? that would be crazy! Tree up - no lights - no shopping! I better hop to it!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

#10 is too sad. I want to cry for Little Annie. You must have been so bummed. I agree with #22 :)

KC said...

How fun.. I'm going to work at getting this up this weekend over at my blog.. I'm having computer trouble right now so it is running slow and keeps shutting down on me.. Sorry I haven't been over this week to say hi on your blog..

ohAmanda said...

Fun! I might do this...

Theresa said...

ooh I loved this meme! Great answers your battery story was funny, but what a dissapointed- we used to beg too.

Enjoy the holiday season, and I hope you avoid those rude people.

Praise and Coffee said...

I think we would be great buddies! I answered the same on so many of those!!!!

Hugs,
Sue

Sonya said...

Love this meme! I'm going to do it right now!

Irene said...

Lovely answers!I am tempted to do it myself.
Thank you so much for your comment on F's exams! Thank you.

palmtreefanatic said...

Wow! I think I can relate to almost all your answers as they would be all like mine! I may have to do this meme!
#12, I never liked grinch cartoons or movies, I did like Elf!
#20 I like a big bow on the top and a big "splash"
This was Fun!

Nancy Face said...

BATTERIES? Wow, that really is an icky present, and I've done that to my own kids in the past, haha! :D

I too love Elf and The Grinch...but it must be the original cartoon Grinch! I can't stand the live action one!

It was fun seeing your answers to this one, and I'm so glad you don't like eggnog! I was feeling very alone in my principles, tee hee! ;)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I am going to make an "I hate Egg Nog" club! I am gonna go work on that award right now!

I loved all your answers!

I agree with you, white lights ONLY on the christmas tree. I converted my mom to that practice haha!

Jodi said...

I played along...

gail@more than a song said...

Fun one....I might have to use it soon!