Friday, October 26, 2007

faith lift fridays ~ failure?













When It Looks Like I Have Failed

Lord, are you trying to tell me something?
For...

  • Failure does not mean I'm a failure; It does mean I have not yet succeeded.
  • Failure does not mean I have accomplished nothing; It does mean I have learned something.
  • Failure does not mean I have been a fool; It does mean I had enough faith to experiment.
  • Failure does not mean I've been disgraced; It does mean I dared to try.
  • Failure does not mean I don't have it; It does mean I have to do something in a different way.
  • Failure does not mean I am inferior; It does mean I am not perfect.
  • Failure does not mean I've wasted my time; It does mean I have an excuse to start over.
  • Failure does not mean I should give up; It does mean I must try harder.
  • Failure does not mean I'll never make it; It does mean I need more patience.
  • Failure does not mean you have abandoned me; It does mean you must have a better idea.

Be sure to visit Sheryl to see more faith lift fridays!

16 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

This is brilliant, the pictures, the words - yes, God is there throughout, always, always there.

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...love this post! So much truth.

Hugs!
Kat

Nancy Face said...

Annie, this was just wonderful! So many truths that all of us women need to be reminded of! Thank you! :o)

Dust-bunny said...

This is a great post for a Friday. After dealing with a week that may or may not have been successful, we need to refresh ourselves on the weekend, and reading this is a perfect way to do so!

Corrie said...

Hey Annie,
I love the one that says "Failure does not mean I have been a fool; It does mean I had enough faith to experiment."
Wonderful!
Hope you have a nice weekend!
Corrie

KC said...

what a wonderful post today Annie, Thank you for sharing it with us.

Susanne said...

Wow, I really needed to hear this today!

Susanne said...

Oh and I have something for you at my site today going up in a minute.

Anonymous said...

A lot to chew on here, Annie...and I don't think it could have been posted on a better day! Thanks!

Katy said...

LOVE this!!! Thank you! :)

Karen Hossink said...

When you look at it this way, why do we feel so rotten when we fail???
Good perspective!

ohAmanda said...

That's good! Reminds me of something else I heard...

Failure (or set backs) can be like a slingshot, they might pull you back but it's so you can go further!

Theresa said...

No one likes to fail, but it does make you stronger, and more aware of what direction you should be taking. Very thoughtful post.

KC said...

Annie, You Are A Treat.
Stop by my blog to pick up your treat.
Thank you for your comment today.

workinthatpreppy said...

will you e-mail me so that i may add you to my contacts? i have spam issues. i want to make izzy's bag by next week...sorry for the delay...send me your addreess too:0)

Kim said...

What a beautiful post Annie--and ever so true nuggets. I needed to read that today.
*smiles*
Kim
As a side note, the purple flower in your graphic grows all over my front yard--I love them!