Friday, September 28, 2007

faith lift fridays ~ God wants you to succeed


God Wants You To Succeed!
He sought his God and worked wholeheartedly… so he prospered.
2 Chronicles 31:21 NIV

God wants you to succeed, but you've got to do certain things --

(1) Set an achievable goal. Then work toward it, one priority at a time. Most things fail for one reason - broken focus. So avoid distractions: "A double minded man is unstable" (James 1:8).

(2) Write down your plan and establish deadlines. Most people don't plan to fail, they just fail to plan. Make a detailed list of activities and set checkpoints. Above all, guard and prioritize your time. "Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get" (Ephesians 5:16 TM).

(3) Visualize yourself attaining your goal. Talk and think in success pictures. Moses did. He made it to the Promised Land because "He had his eye on the One no eye can see, and kept right on going" (Hebrews 11:26 TM).

(4) Stay informed. "A wise man will hear and increase in learning" (Proverbs 1:5 NAS). If you'll pay for a good meal, but not a good book, you value your stomach more than your mind. Observe, read, and grow!

(5) Create a climate of confidence around you. You won't experience victory while you're talking defeat. Don't rehearse your mistakes, that only reinforces your doubt. Remind yourself that your "sufficiency is of God" (2 Corinthians 3:5). With Him as your partner, your success is guaranteed.

(6) Help others become successful. "knowing that whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord" (Ephesians 6:8). That means conquering self-centeredness!

(7) Put God first. You are His child, He wants you to succeed. What father wouldn't? So deepen your relationship with Him: "Now acquaint yourself with Him, and be at peace; thereby good will come to you." (Job 22:21).

-- Bob Gass Ministries

Visit Sheryl to sign up and share something that has lifted your faith!

18 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

Oooh, I love this post. You know how I am with goal-setting!

BTW, that photo of Izzy with the hat in the previous post is sooo cute.

I just posted a question on my blog and I'd LOVE to know your answer.

Anonymous said...

I REALLY DID LIKE THIS POST!

Nancy Face said...

Setting goals is so important! Thank you for sharing this wonderful message! Have a great day! :)

Momma Roar said...

So many posts today are exactly what I need - including this one! Thank you for posting this!!

Leigh Ann

Susan said...

Wonderful advise and message here!
Susan

Julie said...

Very great post!

Dena said...

Great post - Mine today was about being Martha!! Sort of the same thing!! I LOVE number 4!!! I will pay good money for a good meal! Great analogy! Kisses!!

Anonymous said...

Very helpful list.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/

Anonymous said...

Staying focused...that's a big one for me! Somedays I feel exactly how they describe people with ADD!
I enjoyed this post.
Praying for you, Annie...you've been on my mind all week. (((HUGS)))

Irene said...

So useful. Thanks for sharing.

KC said...

Thanks for Sharing Annie.
Happy Friday.

Theresa said...

what a great list!
One of my friends told me a quote once that rings so true-
Sinking someone's boat does not make yours rise more.
Your number 6 of helping others become successful is so important!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

This is fantastic!! These are seven things we should never forget. Thanks for the reminder!!

Nancy Face said...

Guess what we had for dinner today? Your yummy crock pot recipe you posted yesterday! We all liked it...definitely a keeper! Thanks tons! :D

Justabeachkat said...

Great post Annie. Hope your weekend is wonderful.

Hugs!
Kat

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I really liked this post. I feel like it is just what I needed right now! Thank you...

Sonya said...

Great post. I'll have to keep it in mind as I am in the process of doing alot of planning and setting alot of goals! You're always inspiring Annie!

Hugs )))))))

Praise and Coffee said...

Thank you! You have no idea how helpful this is to me right now!

Sue