Thursday, August 23, 2007

a tag ~ a meme!

Karen has tagged me for a fun meme! Here we go!


Accent
- I don't think I have one. I took a voice and articulation class in college and really tried to erase some of my okie slang, it creeps back from time to time but I don't think I have any type of accent.

I don't drink - milk, blech! I literally strain my cereal to eat it too. Just can't stand thinking about the origin etc. blech again.

Chore I hate - mopping. Enough said.

Pets - Too many. Well, there's Lady (white dog) and Rosa (black dog) and a bunch of bunnies and some outside cats who peek in the french doors in the kitchen every morning begging me for food or waiting for my leftover milk from my cereal... and Matt has goats! I don't claim them.

Essential Electronics - My laptop, digital camera & cellphone.

Perfume - Laugh by Brighton is my favorite perfume! I also like Sung by Alfred Sung and Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker.

Gold or silver - Silver. My wedding band is gold and is an heirloom, it was Matt's great grandmother's. She died in the 1919 flu epidemic. It is a wide gold band with a solitare and inside it has her initials along with her husbands. We added ours when we married. I requested a white gold anniversary band with a diamond for each child for my 15th anniversary, but we unexpectedly ended up spending that one with Iz in the hospital right after her accident so maybe for my 20th ???

Insomnia - NEVER. My head hits the pillow and I am instantly sleeping. It's all I can do to stay awake while we pray in bed. Sometimes when Matt squeezes my hand for my turn I have drifted off and quickly just start praying (ssh, don't tell him).

Job Title - Mom, chef, secretary, gardener, chauffeur, nurse.

Most Admired Trait - I love people who are real. Just who they are and that's that. Make sense?

Kids - four!

Phobia - I wouldn't claim it as a 'phobia,' but I really despise germs and all things nasty. Really!

Religion - Well, Christian and believer.

Siblings - Two brothers.

Time I wake up - between five and six thirty.

Unusual talent/skill - I can cut, french braid, and color hair, that's only unusual because I am self taught...

Vegetable I refuse to eat - brussel sprouts & beets

Worst habit - drinking coke when I know I shouldn't.

X-rays - My arm in junior high when I fell on it trying to do a handspring, teeth...

My favorite meal - well either Mom's chicken schnitzel or glazed ham... or the pasta John (Matt's mom's husband) makes for my birthday that has penne and artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and lots of good stuff... I love food, can you tell?

I tag you!!!

11 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

This was a fun one Annie! I enjoyed reading your answers, and some of mine would be the same. I despise, detest and loathe beets, but I do love tons of other food. Gotta have my electronics too :)

Have a great day :)

Michelle said...

that was well done. i'll come back and get the meme (during naptime) thanks for the blog visit.;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm working on mine right now. I have some similar to yours.

Have a great day!

Jodi

Nancy Face said...

I hate mopping so much, I just "forget" to do it! (We have brick floors which really don't show dirt!) Kris is pickier than me, so when it bugs him, HE does the mopping, hee hee! >:D

GOATS?! I hear they produce good milk, haha ;)

I hope you DO get your white gold anniversary band for your 20th! :o)

John's pasta sounds scrumptious!!!

Susan said...

I agree with you are people who are real. I dislike what I call "phoney balogne"!
Susan

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had 2 brothers. I thought you had one. Duh me, LOL!

I'm jealous of you not having insomnia. I've suffered for years and it's no fun!

I'm gonna do this later this evening. :o)

Jenny said...

Oh, sweetie, you DO have an accent! I've heard it! :)
You don't talk like me at all!

Jenny said...

Which is the RIGHT way to talk....
y'all.

Michelle said...

My answer will be the same for veggie I refuse to eat! LOL

Rachel said...

WOW...I'm so sorry it's been so long since I wrote you. I hope you haven't forgotten me..;-)
I absolutely LOVE the new do...beautiful! I have said it before and I will say it again...YOU DO NOT look like you are in your 30's and have 4 children and one nearly graduated..wow! That's what I wish.
I have hope seeing how I recently had someone say I looked 17...that's almost a 10 year difference..haha! Sounds great to me.
I got my hair cut even shorter my self and still adjusting.
Is it still on to meet??
How is your diet going?? I haven't seen any updates?! I am only 4lbs away from a goal...yeah! I have a exercise buddy now ;-))
WEll, I can't remember anything else you wrote..oh, ya...I lol at your answers on this post..very cute..lol!
I HATE IRONING....YUCK!
I also really like books on tape or music to to entertain myself while I clean...what ever works!
MONOTONY is what kills me.
I can't wait for a vacation..really need it.
Have a great day and I hope to hear from you before we leave. I will get a date from Jason on when we leave OK. so that I can have specifics for our dinner...I'm actually kinda intimidated (I also think my friends would laugh if they knew)..I don't normally come across as the intimidated type.
;-))
See ya
Rach

gail@more than a song said...

I was going to say that I didn't have an accent either (if you hear me you might not agree) But I SO agree with Jenny, our way to talk is the right way!
Your job title sounds like mine and I have 4 kids too. What, no sisters? But now you have lots of us as Christian sistas!