Monday, August 13, 2007

eight random things about my marriage ~ a tag/meme

Ann has tagged me for this meme ... here we go (I'm really trying to think random here!)


  1. When Matt and I were signing home loan papers years ago I wrote the wrong date for our anniversary. He was highly offended. I put June 18 rather than the 17th.
  2. Right now I sleep on the right side of the bed, but every few years we switch sides.
  3. During our wedding we laughed and talked during the song prior to the unity candle lighting. I think we were both too nervous to look serious. . . or too young.
  4. Matt and I talk a lot. We always have had good conversations. Many times during our marriage we have laid down to sleep and talked too late.
  5. Matt calls me many times every day and has our entire married life.
  6. I started dating Matt right before I turned 16. He was 18. We dated about four years before getting married.
  7. I scared Matt really bad. One time. I have learned that he can 'get me back' far worse than I can get him so I don't play pranks on him much.... live and learn, but the one time I got him was good. He is afraid of snakes. Not much else. I had been teaching a class at vbs and we had this huge rubber snack as part of our scenery. I brought it home and the drain in our shower that is in our bedroom will come up so I put that snake half way down the drain and propped the drain over it like it pushed it up. I waited until matt came home and very casually said, "hey matt, when you get a chance will you look at our shower, for some reason that drain keeps coming off." He went in our room to change and stepped into the bathroom and literally jumped backwards 10 feet! I laughed for days, weeks, I still get a good laugh when I remember it. I am not mean. I enjoyed this so much mainly because he is famous for hiding behind doors or just walking by and saying boo and I always jump. always! It was fun to see him jump!
  8. Matt and I like to end every day by going to bed, holding hands, and praying. Many nights one of us falls asleep mid prayer, but we wake up long enough to say amen.

Okay, consider yourself tagged! Yes, you!

25 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

I loved this post Annie. That snake story made me laugh so hard!

I love that you guys talk so much - we do too. There seems to never be enough time to do all the talking we want to do.

Actually, I think I'm going to do your tag. It will be good to focus on my honey!

Thanks again for your phone call - it was so unexpected and a LOVELY surprise!

Marcia Francois said...

Okay, I tagged myself and my post is up at http://takechargeofyourlife.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-to-have-awesome-relationship-in-8.html

Good night! Enjoy your prayer time with Matt tonight :) (Dion's going to love it when I tell him that - he's always trying to get us to pray together more)

Corrie said...

You guys are a good example for the rest of us on good communication! Your snake prank was really funny!

Anonymous said...

Awww...you both make such a sweet couple!! Love, love, love the snake prank...although I'm glad Matt was the one to be pranked...I HATE snakes!

Tori :) said...

Sei and I talk a lot too. He calls me like 5 or 6 times a day. I think it's key to a great relationship- a lot of conversation.

The snake story was awesome!!

Sei filledo out health insurance papers once for our family. He messed up 6 out of 8 birthdays (mostly years)!! Now THAT'S bad.

Anonymous said...

I guess, I'm it! I'll post now!

Always enjoy all your sweet comments!

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Joyismygoal said...

Are you doing another time travel Tusday?

Michelle said...

I'm still laughing about the snake incident! Ha ha!

ann said...

I love the snake incident! We are big practical jokers around here and it's always done in fun! I also love the way you end each day.

KC said...

What a fun meme..
I'll try to do it sometime this week.
I"m LOL about the snack story.. your so bad. :)

So where are we traveling this week for Time travel tuesday tomorrow??

Anonymous said...

So sweet that you hold hands and pray every night. How do you decide when it is time to switch sides of the bed? My hubby and I have slept on the same sides for 11 years; I don't know if I could switch!

Monkey Giggles said...

I love your post Annie.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Loved this post and I love that picture!

Susanne said...

The snake story made me laugh. My hubby's one fear is bats. I think he'd have a heart attack if I did something like that. ;v)

We haven't switched bed sides forever.

Anonymous said...

I love it! The snake is just TOO much!

Justabeachkat said...

Loved reading this post. If someone pulled that snake trick with me, I'd probably have a heart attack and die on the spot.

Hugs!
Kat

Amy said...

I love this meme! I posted it.
http://milk--and--cookies.blogspot.com/2007/08/marriage-randoms.html

ZAM said...

I like talking with my partner too. Even just thru the phone.. With him being away from home, talking face to face is luxury I don't think I'll ever get tired of. I'm playing too..

http://zamejias.blogspot.com/2007/08/meme-eight-random-things-about-my.html

Erica Ridley said...

Bwa ha haa. That snake-in-the-drain story is hilarious. Did he do something equally outrageous to get you back?

Robin Green said...

I think it's great that you pray with Matt every night--I'm sure that has a lot to do with you having a great marriage. I loved the snake prank--I think I had heard that story before. I had to laugh about Matt being offended that you wrote the wrong date for your anniversary. B still has to think about when my birthday is--he always wants to put it in August instead of September. I'm not offended anymore--used to be though!

Jenny said...

I like that snake story! My dh just played a prank on the head varsity coach involving a fake snake, and I've never laughed so hard!! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, this was sweet. I loved the last one about when y'all go to be at night. How sweet!

Rachel said...

I loved all those "random" stories! They remind me of Jay and I . We always e-mail each other through out the day and he calls me for lunch and right before he comes home. I love it!!!

Dena said...

I LOVED THIS!!! What sweet wonderful fun random things about y'all - and I think the snake thing is great!

Shawna said...

Very sweet!! And great prank. My husband and I don't do pranks, but he's always beating me at everything. He hates to lose and never let's anyone else win. So, the one time he taught me how to play poker, I kicked his butt! He won't play with me anymore though!