Monday, July 30, 2007

heads up on ttt .... etc.

You know I like to keep things positive right?
Well, for this week's time travel tuesday we are going back to a date gone wrong... with husband or before marriage it's your choice. I think it is healing to find humor in bad situations and I have the perfect day to travel back to ~ our 10th wedding anniversary! It was a doozy. So, come back later and travel with me, I can't wait to hear the crazy things you have experienced...

On another note, we went back to the church I mentioned we went to Wednesday night. The pastor of the church came over to visit with us Saturday. He said he saw something in our eyes when we visited Wed. We spoke with him for a while and felt pretty good about the direction he offered. It's such a hard situation. I love those people at our old church so much, they are my family. I've gone there since I was seven years old, but things are just changing in our hearts and lives and we don't fit there anymore. Our faith has changed. The hardest part right now is our oldest daughter. She is really attached to her friends at our old church. We really want to make this beginning as a family, that would include her. But the compromise I suggested is that she go once a week with us to just see that it is good there. She is pretty mad and upset with me and I just ask that you keep this situation in prayer. I hate drama. I like everything to be rainbows and sunshine and I just can't do an instant fix on this. I will say that when we were at the new church Sunday morning one of the associates met Izzy and then remarked at the pulpit that she was really drawn to Izzy and how special she can tell she is. Everyone is drawn to Izzy. I was telling jenny (yep, got to talk to her again on the phone this morning... I called to wish her happy birthday ... even sang a tiny bit... when she informed me it wasn't her birthday .... LOL! It's tomorrow! I may just call and sing the entire song tomorrow, that'll teach her!) this morning that I think Izzy is so covered with prayer that she draws people to her. It's pretty cool...

I think I'm almost done with the siggies... just a few more to do. I have enjoyed making them and trying to fulfill the different and interesting requests. I just love my blogger buddies!

bloggy housework...
Miss Paula, you mentioned you tagged me but your blog isn't available on your profile. Email me at anniepettigrew at yahoo dot com and tell me what your blog's address is.

mommy of three & karen's ramblings you need to email me to tell me what you want your siggies to look like!

Susan tagged me for the funnest looking meme! I am really going to have to put my thinking cap on because I'm not really a nature girl :o).

See ya'll later!

23 comments:

KC said...

OH my you are really making me think about the TTT for tomorrow.. LOL

I'm sorry about the church saga. I know how hard it is to leave a church you grew up in. I went to the same church from the time I was 6 years old until 4 years ago.
I haven't got caught up on my blog reading from when I was gone on vacation so I don't know exactly what is the reason for your change of church..
but I do know how hard it was to leave the church family I grew up with but at the same time knowing it was the way God was calling us to go.
I don't know how hard it would be if my kids would have been older like Amanda's age.. I can only imagen how I would have felt if my parents were wanting to leave our church when I was 16 years old. Like i said I went there from the time I was 6 and all my dearest and closet friends were there. This has to be so hard for her and for you. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Robin Green said...

I hate drama too--so sorry. It would be very hard, especially for Amanda, but it sounds like your suggested compromise is a good one. I hope she comes around and realizes it's best for your family at this time. I surely have missed you--and is it my fault you called Jenny today instead of tomorrow--I wished her an early happy birthday at her blog today. Anyway, I don't have my menu planned yet--but will hopefully post it for you soon.

A Captured Reflection said...

Hello Annie. Just checking you've received my email OK, I've sent two, so hoping they are not lurking somewhere in cyber space. Hugs to one of the sweetest bloggie ladies I know. If you could let me know if you have received my email that would be awesome.

A Captured Reflection said...

Oh will pray about your Church move, it does feel like a time of new beginnings and like you I like family harmony, so will be praying. It does sound like a new day and a new way.

Constance said...

Good Monday afternoon Annie,

Why not let her stay where she is ?

If she sees you are really loving the new Church, her curiosity may want her to volunteer to come along once to check it out.
Then if it calls her/what the pastor says resonates with her, she may choose to stay on her own....

I don't know how strong willed she is, but choice always wins over obligation for me...

Family is important -- and so is knowing that you go where God means you to be as an individual at that time in your growth and experience...

*Prayers of loving intention and clarity sent to the situation*

Anonymous said...

Ooooo...have to get my thinking cap on and probably ask my honey's help on this TTT.
As to church changes...we've sure been there...you're in my prayers!

A Captured Reflection said...

Hello Annie. Thanks for the alternative email addy. I have just sent it through now. Hoping for success this time. Many thanks.

A Captured Reflection said...

Me again. How odd, no I am not receiving your emails and you aren't getting mine. I have just sent an email for you to IrritableMother (Karen). Hoping we connect this time :-)

Anonymous said...

Annie, I hate the drama w/your Amanda, too. I have NO advice. But I do know how IMPORTANT loving church is for teenagers. I didn't have friends in High School---all my friends were at church. And they are my best friends today.

I'm praying for clarity & no more DRAMA!

Renee said...

Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Mandalyn said...

I know this church situation is hard for your family! I am saying a prayer right now for all of you--especially Amanda!

Even if one day early, I know Jenny enjoyed your phone call and singing!:)

Jodi said...

Oh man... I need to really think on this TTT! Sorry to hear about your church stuff. Its hard when one member doesn't want to change and the rest do. I will keep you all in my prayers!

♥ Jodi

Nancy Face said...

It's so important that Amanda is happy at church, whichever one she chooses. I will pray for her as well as you and your entire sweet family. ♥

Susan said...

I too am joining in the prayer chain for your Amanda. Your compromise sounds like a good idea. Don't worry about the tag if you don't want to do it :o)

Susan

Jenny said...

I double dare you to call me again!! I won't talk until you sing the whole song!! :)
As for the drama going on around there, praying for God to do what only He can do!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Captured Reflection said...

Thank you so much Annie, for all the effort and time that you took to contact me, and I know you are so busy too. I love it, and I'm very thankful. I've posted an entry with it on. Love it, love it, love it.

Michelle said...

I'm going to have think on the date one; not sure that I actually have any "bad dates" to share!

I'll be praying for the church situation; I'm sure it's hard on Amanda to make this change since she's attached and used to the other church. I can tell this is weighing heavily on your mind; I'm sorry things don't feel the same with your old church anymore prompting you to make this change. Praying for wisdom and guidance. Maybe Amanda can attend both churches? Or youth group at her old church?

Constance said...

Annie,
the post is up with the signature !!!!
*SMILES*

Jenny said...

I think you right about these kids that are being bathed in prayer...there's something about them...a radiance. I just love that!! Btw, I may have told you this earlier so disregard if I have...this morning I was reading our local homeschool digest and someone had posted about a little girl she had read about who had nearly drowned. I was thinking...that sounds like Izzy...and sure enough it was! She had posted info about drownings and near drownings and how to prevent them. I just wanted to let you know!

Tori :) said...

I'm sure Izzy does just draw people to her with her sweet spirit. :)
I will pray for you and Amanda. (((HUGS)))

Justabeachkat said...

Annie

We're going through our own drama at church so I know how unsettling it can be. I'll pray for you about this.

I can certainly understand why people are drawn to your sweet Izzy Bear.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

prayers for you and your family...even that one bit about the eldest daughter...

And about that associate commenting because she was drawn to Izzy.

Oh I can say the same. the first time I made a comment here before.

GOD bless.