Wednesday, July 11, 2007

diet devo ~ day thirty-two

My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if you do sin, there is someone to plead for you before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who pleases God completely.
I John 2:1

"I can't win." the woman cried. "I give in and eat something, and then feel guilty. When I feel guilty, I eat. The more I eat, the guiltier I feel, and the guiltier I feel, the more I eat.

Sometimes we feel like failures when we break our diets. We can be swept up in a sense of guilt that makes it nearly impossible for us to stick to our diets.
The solution to guilt is forgiveness, and forgiveness comes to us through Jesus Christ.
Jesus knows that we have moments of weakness, and He loves us just the same.
Accept His love.
Accept His forgiveness,
and let go of any guilt you might feel.

Today's thought:
I am not condemned just because I sometimes slip!


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ooohh, thank God! I know just how that woman feels!! It's an awful cycle to be in. I'm confessing to you right now that I haven't even been writing down my food. We've been to friends and family's houses and have eaten whatever they prepared, and my body sure noticed it on Sunday and Monday. Yesterday, I did eat just veggies with the exception of about 1 oz. of chicken. I feel so much better today, and somehow, in the midst of all that, lost 1 pound. A HUGE victory in my book. I am 2 pounds off schedule which can be recovered if I'LL JUST DO IT!!

Jodi said...

This is me to a "T"! Guilt is a major thing with me right now. I will do better!

♥ Jodi