Thursday, June 7, 2007

tt~to do list etc.











Thirteen things on my to-do list today...

  1. Spend time with God... read bible, pray.
  2. Go to the pool store and buy 12 pounds of baking powder for the pool... put it in the pool and backwash/skim... (ugh)
    (it helps clarify the water and keeps the ph balanced better especially when it rains a lot).
  3. Go to the grocery store and buy something to cook ahead for the weekend... my suggestions were vetoed by Amanda last night, so I'm not sure what this will be at this point.
  4. Make two strawberry cakes.
  5. pack Bailey and Emelia's bags, pick up anything we are missing. They each need... 7 outfits, one dressier outfit, swimming suit, towels, bedding, flashlight, bible, shampoo/cond., body spray, toothbrush/toothpaste, pillow, shoes, soap, camera.
  6. Change my bedding, wash comforter & shams.
  7. Go to OKC to pick up Amanda's birth certificate.
  8. Izzy's therapy (Laura is coming to help), standing & assisted crawling.
  9. Make tortilla soup (buy avocados).
  10. Go to beauty supply for jane ann (matt's sister in dallas...she wants her hair done while we are there...)
  11. clean house (again).
  12. watch Katie (niece) for a little while this afternoon.
  13. start packing things up for trip to Dallas.
This is a list that could keep going, but I'll stick to 13 things for the sake of the meme :o)

It doesn't feel like yesterday was very productive. I had a really good lunch with Mike (brother) at Old Germany again. We had the special which was something that started with an "r" but it was basically a smoked pork chop that tasted like ham with red cabbage and german potato salad. Me & Jenny are keeping track of our food intake... so, Jenny I did pretty good. I left half of the potato salad and about 1/3 of the chop. I ate all the cabbage. I figure it is the best of the three. Speaking of Jenny (coachj), thank you for the good mail! I loved it! seriously. She sent me some nice flavored tea and some other things. One fun thing about getting good mail from a long distant friend is that it is like them sending you a little bit of them, if that makes sense?

I'm so sad about Kelsey Smith, I mean this pretty young girl (who had her whole life ahead of her btw) was just walking out of target! It makes me want to keep Amanda under lock and key! Her family is in my prayers.

Wonder why I'm up so early? Matt's work called this morning at 4. When Matt is up, I'm up! (double ugh)... the good news is I have gotten some blogging slipped in on this busy day and done some loads of laundry. (can you tell I'm trying to play the 'glad game'? I'm glad I got to blog, I'm glad I got laundry done... rather than "why am I up so early?").

I got some good mail sent out yesterday. I don't really have a method to my madness. I just felt really good to get it done considering the week... but, I do need to sit down and figure out a methodical way to approach good mail. any suggestions welcome :o)

26 comments:

Susan said...

You sure get a lot done and you have a lot on your plate for today but I feel you'll manage it all!!!
Glad you got up early and got some blogging time in :o)
Susan

Anonymous said...

Such a busy lady! When you become a Grandmother, you'll look back and smile at your sweet memories.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

That's quite a list you have there. Hopefully by doing #1 it will keep the stress level down and put the rest in perspective. Good luck getting it all done.
I'm so sad about Kelsey too. What a tragedy! My heart breaks for her and her family. It's a scary world we live in. Made me hold my boys a little tighter last night.
I hope you have no problems getting the birth certificate and maybe the passport will show up today too. Blessings, Annie!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I got my first three 'good mails' sent out yesterday. I was so excited! I can tell I am going to have no method to it, either.

What's your favorite thing at Old Germany? I have only been twice (first with you) and they were both in high school. Michael's never been, so I want to take him, but I have no idea what to get.

We went to eat at Victoria's yesterday (we eat there all the time). Come to think of it, my first time there was also with you. Funny.

Anyway...have a good day...I hope you're not too tired to get everything finished.

gail@more than a song said...

Sounds like a busy day at your place! But I like what you put at the top.
I wish the passport had come for you, how far do you have to drive to pick up a birth certificate?
We stayed at my sister's last night after I got in from airport and boys had played golf...Don & I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to come home so he could get to work early! I need coffee or something!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get everything done that you need to today. :o)

The Kelsey story juust breaks my heart. So very sad!

Anonymous said...

Whew. Just reading your posts is wearing me out! I feel like I have a lot going on until I read what you have going on! I hope your trip is fabulous. I wish I could go. ;)
Happy birthday to your mom and Matt. Give them a squeeze from me.
If you figure anything out on that good mail let me know.:)

Dena said...

You sure do have A LOT to do! I know you will get it all done! Thank goodness you got up early!!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Gosh, I'm so tired just after reading that Annie. I stand in awe of how much you do every day and how well you take care of your family. Bravo :)

On a side note, I want some tortilla soup! Eat some for me, LOL!

Have a wonderful day!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Wow you have got a lot done. Have a great day and weekend.

Angel ():)

Irene said...

Wow, what a list! You'll need all the courage and organization you can get. Still, I firmly believe you'll do fine, being the loving mother and wife that you are!
I also think that doing a little thing for you first thing, makes you feel better all day long.
Best Wishes,

Anonymous said...

You are going to be busy today! Best wishes getting everything done!

Corrie said...

Hey Annie,
I can hardly prop my eyelids open sometimes, but I am always "glad" that I did. Seem to get more done if I wake up before my little ones wake me up, needing 105 things.
Have a great day!

Barb said...

If I tried to do all that in one day, I'd have to be rushed to the hospital. No way.

Good grief - you're busy!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck crossing everything off on your list!

I just sent away for my daughters b/c, it should be here today via UPS.

I love tortilla soup with avocados and sour cream. Sounds really good!

Have a great Thursday!

Jenny said...

Good eating for you!! (I bought a head of cabbage today at the grocery store-gonna make some soup) I hope you everything done before you leave...I need a method to the good mail, too. I feel hung out there, and like I shouldn't even be on the list. But, it will come. Maybe I'll just start with a chosen name and go down the list from there. I've sent you something, so I'll start there.

gail@more than a song said...

Ok just popped back by and you have crossed off EVERYTHING from your list! I need you to rub off on me!

Constance said...

How very sad about Kelsey. Monsters make us all afraid. There is such a lack of fairness/decency/justice in something tragic like that happenning.

All that talk of food makes me hungry, Annie, and I'm trying to diet ! Auggggh...

~Pam~ said...

Hi Annie,
Wow! That was a big list and I see everything is crossed off. Sounds like a productive day. :o)
Take care and have a nice evening.
God bless!

Barb said...

OK. I'm impressed, Annie. I thought I was busy. You make me feel like a slug. :-)

I hope you're sitting down with your feet up to relax a little before you go put yourself into a wonderful bubble bath. xoxoxo

Tammy and Parker said...

Wow! You were quite the force of nature today. Good for you.

Speaking of good......what is 'good mail'?

=)

palmtreefanatic said...

you are one busy mama! Great list and all done! super! that is early to be up, hope you managed to get alot done as I bet you crashed early!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Kim said...

Wow! What a list Annie. I hope you ended your day with a productive feeling. That passport issue sounds like a nightmare--I tell you, nothing is easy anymore when it comes to government and red tape, is it? I am wondering...is there some group where good mail is organized? Or are you just sending to real life friends? It looks so fun, and sending/receiving good mail never gets old! Everytime I see blogs that talk about good mail, I am so jealous! :) I hope your Friday goes well....and all the travel issues get resolved.

Jill said...

Annie- I second Kim...seems like you get some really great goodies in the mail. What's that all about? Getting up early makes me really productive, too, but I just don't want it to happen very often! Have a great weekend.

Tori :) said...

I printed out the GMG list and I pencil in the date I send out GM to any one GMG. That way I know who I still should send some too. I send out about 4 a week.

Tori :) said...

I forgot- My sister lives in Overland Park, KS where Kelsey Smith was abducted from. My sister shops at the Target. Sooo scary and sad. Her poor family.