Friday, June 8, 2007

Trip Cancelled!

Well, the trip is canceled. Matt still isn't home and if we left now we would hit Dallas about 2 a.m. I don't think that would be a good idea for Izzy. I was looking forward to going, the healing school is always a very uplifting, learning experience. But, it's okay. Since Bailey and Emelia are leaving Sunday morning for church camp I will now be able to take them and see them longer before they leave. Amanda won't have 8 extra road hours to add to the 40 to canada beginning Monday.

I did enjoy the pedicure, a lot! Sheryl, I went with the french tip. It looks clean and I can't do it myself so it's a treat. Amanda wanted me to get them painted turquoise. Matt hates when I paint any of my nails blue colors. He thinks it doesn't look natural, weird huh? He actually prefers red. I guess I should have chosen his favorite considering I called him on the way and he was really having a busy time at work so I said, "I think I'm going to get a pedicure." and he said, "you deserve it, it's on me." Well, that was all I needed to seal the deal :o). I went to the usual local salon I normally go to (not often unfortunately). . . and they were packed. So, I went to another place and really couldn't understand the man who did my feet. I unknowingly agreed to 'the works.' It was great, lots of scrubs and hot towels and all kinds of salts and sea stuff??? The funniest part for me is when they do the rough scrubber on my feet by my toes. I giggle like a school girl. Can't help it, it happens everytime! They look so pretty. I would take a picture, but who wants to see my old feet anyway?

I got some good mail today! Christi over at Jealous Hands sent the cutest list refridgerator magnet thing. I really needed a new one to go on my new fridge. The ones I had just didn't make the cut. This one did! She also sent a really cute bookmark with an 'a' on it and a sweet card. Thanks Christi! Goodmail rocks.

I didn't do FIF (favorite ingredient friday) today. I forgot, but it's only 11:30 pm here so I still have time and since I made two strawberry cakes that have gotten such good reviews I will post that recipe. I have to make this every year for Matt's sister Jane Ann's birthday. You know I don't like fruit so I don't touch the stuff but for something so easy people sure act like it is good. I'll let you be the judge...


Strawberry Cake

1 white cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 c. butter
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. strawberries (i use frozen, but thawed)
1 small box strawberry jello

mix well and pour into bundt or regular non stick sprayed pan... bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.

In the meantime, mix this up to pour over it while it's warm...

1/2 c. butter
1/2 box powdered sugar
1/4 c. strawberries (left from above)

I gauge the amount of powdered sugar as I am mixing. You don't want a thick icing, but not too thin either.
Good night, dear blog friends...

15 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry about your trip but Yeah! about your pedicure. I have never had a pedicure OR a manicure--I am really missing out aren't I? :) And what do you mean you don't do fruit??? I have NEVER met someone who didn't like fruit! Vegetables yes...fruit, no. :) You poor thing--all the yummy things you are missing out on.
Have a great night~

In Pursuit of His Call said...

I really appreciated your good attitude about your cancelled trip! The Lord's been showing me how I am easily angered and if it were me in this situation, all packed and ready to go, I know I would have been more than just disappointed. Thanks for your example of being flexible and taking the changes in plans so well!

Also, I'm going to try this strawberry cake. I love fruit and this one looks yummy!

Blessings,
In Pursuit of His Call

Susan said...

Gotta try this cake!
Susan

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Sorry about your trip. But the pedi sounds wonderful. So does the cake. I hope you have a wonderful weekend anyway :)

Monkey Giggles said...

rats...no trip...I love road trips. They bring back wonderful memories for me. We traveled a lot when I was a child. I love em.

My Trendy Tykes said...

The strawberry cake looks awesome!

Linda

gail@more than a song said...

I'm sorry you missed the trip...glad you got a pedi.
One of my daughters LOVES strawberry cake & this looks similar to the one I make, very good.
Hope your weekend is good Annie!

Constance said...

Pedicures are wonderful Annie, and french tips always look pretty !
I can understand Matt's liking red nailpolish instead of blue...

Why don't you like fruit ? Any fruit ? Or just strawberries ?

Jodi said...

Sorry it was cancelled. Glad you enjoyed your pedicure. I had one last weekend, and it was heavenly. That strawberry cake sounds yummy.

Sandra said...

Annie I'm sorry your trip was cancelled.

You know I have NEVER been for a pedicure LOL I hate people touching my feet.

Anyway, I am going to try your strawberry cake, it looks sooo good.

Hugs,
♥Sandra

Tori :) said...

Bummer about your trp, but YAY for pedicures! I always giggle too. My feet are sensitive. :)

Karen said...

I totally understand the fruit thing. I have to make myself eat fruit, but love veggies. Funny, because I have such a sweet tooth! The pedi sounds nice -- I'm with Mark, blue is out, but red -- oo lala!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure sorry about the canceled trip!
I have to have color when I get pedi's...even if it's just a color line under the white french line...otherwise, my feet look like an old person's feet ;)
How sweet of your honey to treat you!
He's a keeper :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't get to go! What a bummer. I am waiting to see your feet! I will have to try this cake. Yum!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sorry you're trip got cancelled, but I'm with you. I would NOT have wanted to arrive at 1 or 2 AM. Glad you got your pedicure and some pampering.

Oh my, that cake looks so good! I wish I had a piece right now :)

Hope your weekend was good and this week will be terrific!