Wednesday, June 6, 2007

fast forward...

Well, Amanda has yet to recieve her passport in the mail... and it just occurred to me yesterday that she will have to take her birth certificate with her should the passport not arrive. Guess where the birth certificate is? Nope, not in that blue file folder with the others. It's with the passport. They keep your original birth certificate to be returned with your passport! So, I am going to have to make a trip to the birth certificate place in the city just in case...
So Bay and Em are going to camp next week, they are leaving from church on Sunday morning for a week of fun about two hours away. I actually called the camp to ask if I could send a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly. Bailey doesn't eat meat. He wanted to go to camp so bad he said he would eat whatever but I know him, he will just not eat. He is already pretty thin so I didn't think that was a good idea. Anyway, the lady I spoke with was apparently one of the cooks and she said that I didn't need to send those things because she kept them for just that purpose and that she had gone through three loaves of bread in two days. I let out a sigh of relief. Emelia will have a ball. She is such a socialite. But, this means we are leaving Friday for Dallas, they are leaving Sunday for camp, Amanda leaves Monday for Canada. I have a lot of packing to do. I spent all of yesterday just cleaning and doing laundry so today I will try to get them mostly packed.
I went walking with my mom last night at the park! Her 65 birthday is Friday, the day I'll be leaving for Dallas. She jokingly gave me a guilt trip so I suggested we do something Thursday night. I'm taking her to lunch Friday... Matt's birthday is Sunday and all the things I ordered have not arrived and I ordered them May 23. Looks like they won't be here in time.
Letting the kids pick the meals this week has worked out well. Amanda loved her gyro night and they were better than usual! Matt's meatloaf night went well and there is leftovers this time because there were not a bunch of extra kids around. Tonight is Bailey, so I'm off to get stuff to make his cheesecake... along with disposable cameras for the two and conditioner for Em, because I just got shampoo for her camp bag. I know, what was I thinking... she said, "mom, you know my hair gets really tangly and I have to have conditioner." to which I replied, "sorry! I'll get it!"
Izzy spent her three hours (in three sessions) in the stander again yesterday and we did her therapy. She had a good day! She is so cute by the way. She has school today. She will have pt ot and st. She will be there for two hours each Wednesday... I called the tefra people again yesterday and they still don't have things fixed. Apparently there are two new issues. First, they had to verify her ssn because someone had used it & they did change her pcp but put the start and end date at 6/1/07. So, the new stroller was ordered on Monday. Hopefully by the time they are billed this will all be worked out. These issues all just require hours on the phone trying to find the right person to fix the problem.
I am not sure why I'm typing all this out, maybe to just get it all straight in my head. I also need to make two strawberry cakes... one to leave for mom as a surprise when she gets home friday night from work (I'll get some balloons and flowers too) and one to take to Dallas for Matt. AND I planned to make some taquitos and some chicken pockets for the dallas trip so we can grab them... and some deli stuff. I get tired of eating fast food down there. I do like our outing to el fenix though. yum.
So, this is what I'm doing today... going to the store... lunch with Mike at Old Germany again (I cute and highlighted his hair yesterday so he's taking me to lunch today)... Izzy's school... packing!!! So, tomorrow I can concentrate on making cakes and food for the weekend and finish the packing etc. Oh, and get amanda's birth certificate! I'm praying that passport comes today so I can scratch that off my list! I laid in bed last night, usually as soon as Matt and I finish our prayer I am asleep... but, I just kept running through my to do list until I finally fell asleep.
If you have read all this really boring stuff all the way to this point I really should give you a prize or something... you are a true friend.

24 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Mmmmm....cheesecake is my favorite! I haven't made one in forever...maybe a year or two. I think I'll go get the stuff for it tonight. Have a great time in Dallas!!! I wish I didn't have to work weekends (for some reason, people don't really like getting married during the week) and I would be done there, too. Everything I've heard so far is just amazing!

Barb said...

Guess I'm a true friend because I read every word and didn't think it was boring at all.

However, I am exhausted! LOL

Seriously, just reading about all you have going on right now made me tired. By comparison, I'm bored to death over here at my place and I'm up to my eyeballs in wedding!

OK, those bunnies are too cute. But I'm lost. Where on earth did the bunnies come from? Do you have a big, mama bunny.

I just read through your last several posts and I have to tell you, Bear is a blessing. He sounds like the nicest person in the world.

Good luck with all you have going on. And I can't believe your towels are scattered all over the neighborhood. LOL

Okie Food Traveler said...

I hope everyone has a good time! It usually helps get things in order by typing/writing things down...none of us mind reading what you're thinking. Tell Mike I say hello at lunch!

Jodi said...

Cheesecake... Mmmmm

You are one busy momma!! I hope the kids have fun at camp. I wonder if I still have time to get my youngest registered to go this summer. I am sure he would enjoy it!

Have a great Wednesday!

Marye said...

well, I read it all and I understand completely the frustration with red tape..DH got out of the Marines with a disability and, MAN! Govt red tape sure is sticky...
Looks like you are gonna have nice weather in Dallas. We had rain all week last week but it is supposed to be bright and sunny and DRY this week.
Have a good time.

Susan said...

Put me down as a true friend because I read it all :o)

Red tape is so flustrating. Worries me that our government seems so unable to handle anything any more.

The couple we are going to Nova Scotia with the end of this month have not received their passports. I received mine about a month ago, and Mickey got his about 10 days ago. The other couple actually put in for theirs about 2 weeks prior to us. Go figure. We went to the Broken Arrow post office and they went to the Tulsa post office. Hope your daughters comes today.
Susan

Anonymous said...

You are gonna be a busy bee the next few days! I sure hope the passport comes. That's just so frustrating to *have to have* something so important and it not being there.

I know what ya mean about laying in bed making your mental list. I have always been a night time thinker and it causes serious insomnia for me. I hope things calm down for you and you're able to get a good night's sleep tonight.

I hope the kiddos have fun on their summer adventures! :o)

Dena said...

You have A LOT going on!!! And still did a cut and color! I wish you lived near me! i would NEVER go to the salon again! Good luck with all the stuff you have going on!!! Keep us posted and since they are only like 5 bucks get like THREE birth certificates for everyone - You would be surprised how often you need them!

Jenny said...

I hope you get all that done!! (Guess this means you won't be on your computer) Enjoy your busy days!!

Corrie said...

Hey Annie!
Okay, you have almost talked me into one of those phone things if it means I can gab to a friend while browsing Target! =). I just love you, Annie!
Your next couple of days sound busy, but you are so organized that I bet it will all fall into place!
Hope the passport comes!!!
Have a great day friend!
Love, Corrie

Joyful Days said...

I read all the way through. I wasn't bored--worn out, but NOT bored.

Prayers for passport, packing, presents, trips and safety. Prayers for strength and energy.

Constance said...

Good Wednesday morning to you, Annie ! I mut be atrue friend, because I read it all !

I'm exhausted just reading what is involved with having a young family, and dealing with paperwork and bureaucracy !!!! How in the world do you do so much ?!?

You are amazing.
*smiles*

Anonymous said...

Hi, Annie! I'm Anna and I live in OK, too. I saw your link to the Babybangs site. Great postings, by the way!

KC said...

HA.. I read it all :P
Crazy Busy arent' you, but so is life with 4 kids I guess. OH MY GOODNESS about Amanda and the passport/birth certifacate.. UGH just what you didn't need to have to deal with. Church Summer Camp is the BEST!!!!!!!!!! I hope Baily and Em has a blast. Princess leave on the 18th for our church summer camp for a week. It's on a Island about an hour trip to the boat dock and then about a 30 minute ferry ride over to the Island.
Glad you had a good walk with your mom and that the kids picking the menu this week is working out well for you. I haven't followed my menu plan at all this week because it has rained every day and the kids didn't have ball games so I cooked cooked insteed of quick grilling, figured I would save the fast meals for next week when they have there ball games and it's not raining. I hope Matt's birthday gifts get there in time,
I hope Izzy's SS# and all that red tape gets taken care of also..
what a pain..
Have a safe trip to Dallas.. how long of a drive is that for you guys? and How long will you be there??
Well since my comment is getting long I'll end it now. :P

Anonymous said...

You always amaze me! With all you have coming up,(other than your brain being on overdrive at bedtime) you seem so calm, cool, and scheduled!!
Have safe trips and hopefully, squeeze some fun into all the craziness!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have a lot going on! I hope you will be able to prepare everything without too much stress, and I hope all the kids will have a wonderful time on their trips!

SoDak Angel said...

Off subject, but I saw on CNN this morning about a family who sadly lost their daughter in a pool accident. They said they are giving away free pool alarms on CNNdotcom until they run out. I am not sure how many that means, but I thought of you, and your efforts of safety. So, if any of your readers are interested in checking it out. It is CNNdotcom then click on american morning then pool safety to see the clip, and Lexies legacy for the pool alarm. Hope you are well.

Sandra said...

Wow Annie you have so much going on, makes me appreciate the time you took to leave a sweet comment on my blog :)

Hope Amanda's passport comes in so it's one thing to cross off your list...have a wonderful rest of week and safe trip if I don't catch up with you before then.

Hugs,
♥Sandra

Julie said...

I told you I read your posts everyday!

Susanne said...

Oh my word, you are one busy gal over this week! Whew.

I hope that passport shows up for you. I didn't know you could still use a birth certificate to get over the border anymore.

Sonya said...

I don't think you're boring at all! LOL! You are a busy lady and I don't know how you manage it all! I hope Amanda's passport comes and that you get everyone packed and ready to go. Have a safe trip!

Overwhelmed! said...

I think it's a good idea to get another birth certificate, just in case.

Hope Bay & Em have a great time at camp!

Happy upcoming 65th birthday to your mom! :)

Bailey has excellent taste if he's picked cheesecake! I love cheesecake and it's really not that hard to make.

I'm glad Izzy had a good day.

Oh, the strawberry cakes sound delicious. Can you make me one too? :)

Holy smokes, you are one busy gal! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Of course I read every word! I am your biggest fan! Sounds like you are VERY busy. I hope everything goes well!

Posh Mama said...

I read it all!! Wheres my prize? Just kidding, I thought I was busy this weekend, I have a wedding I am coordinating this weekend, then church Sunday, then Drs appt on Monday and I leave for L.A. on Tuesday! So I feel ya on all the packing and preparing! Hope everything works out the way you want, especially the passport business! Deep breath, and RELAX!!