Wednesday, June 20, 2007

diet devo day eleven~

Is it already Wednesday? Amanda called this morning and they are headed to Niagara Falls. She has had so much fun I don't think she is ready to come home. I am so excited to see all her pictures and hear all about all the things she was able to see and do.

I have to tell you about Melody's hair event yesterday, but I'm going to wait for the pictures she promised to email me (hint hint)... I'll just tell you she showed up with this picture and said she wanted to look like this:

I reminded her that I am not a professional but she said she trusted me... let's just say Ellen Barkin would probably be jealous of her hair :o).
Anyway, I'll post her picture when she sends it and you can see how good it looks.
***updated*** here is the pic Melody sent this morning.



On to the winner... Jodi's name was randomly drawn. I have drawn two other names and if they have the other two books like it when I go next Monday (Bear is in Edmond where the Christian bookstore is) I'll send them to the other two also and tell you who you are... If you didn't get picked, I'm sorry... I wish I had one to send to every one of you. But, I will keep posting them on my blog as long as you're interested and like Elizabeth said, " Why do we need the book when you put it out here for us everyday?" :o)


"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

When I get hungry, I get nervous and anxious. I find that I snap at people and have a very short temper. This is an indication that food is more than just a pleasure; it is an addiction. To kick an addiction requires restraint and peace. Jesus Christ promises blessed peace and rest to all who come to Him. It is important for us to rely on the gentle comfort of God when we face the trials of dieting. God knows what we are going through, and He rejoices when we turn to Him for peace of mind and heart. It is not vital that we understand how this peace can come to us. What is important is that we truly believe God will grant it.

Today's Thought: In God, there is peace that is greater than the turmoil caused by our dieting!

19 comments:

Jenny said...

OOOhhh, love handle pinch!! Yesterday, after jv practice was over at 5 pm, I noticed I had a headache and I was sooo irritable. Practice was OK, and I should not have been upset over that. I had started warming up my supper in the microwave when I was interrupted, and it upset me!!! This devo is right on time! I was fine after eating supper and through the varsity practice. Maybe I need to eat some fruit before jv to hold me over 'til my break. Anyway....God's word is timely.

Dena said...

I can't wait to see the new do! I know you are going to post some pictures from Amanda's trip..I love pictures!

Jenileigh said...

This was so true. Addiction. Smack me right upside the head! Thunk! These devotions amaze me! I'm sharing them on my homeschooling weight loss boards too. I didn't do so good last night, I stayed up late and ate more than I should have even after realizing I shouldn't I did. UGh! But today is a new day and my goal is to make it until tomorrow. Do better than I did yesterday! Sunday & Monday were great!!
Oh and can't wait to see the hair do!!

Jill said...

Hi Annie- I've been MIA for awhile, but I'm back to all of my blog reading. Love the hair! You're so talented.

Jenny said...

Ok, you've been playing around today and I LOVE MY CHANGES TO MY SIGNATURE!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! You are too good to me xoxo

Anonymous said...

Bummer. I just knew I was going to get the devotional book! I never win any drawings anyway. :(

I don't think I get that way when I am hungry. I think my problem is I eat when I am bored or when I am feeling any other emotion! So that's about all the time! So that is my problem.

Is there anyway you can make my body look like Ellen Barkins without me having to work at it? LOL!

Jodi said...

I won!! Yay me!! I love hair! Want to come to MI and cut my hair?

Oh wow, the devotion today hit the nail on the head for me!

Be blessed,
♥ Jodi

Mike Minzes said...

Great blog. I will be back for more!!

-0-0-

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Oh cute hair!! Can you come and do mine? I need help :)

~Pam~ said...

Hi Annie!
I have been reading a few of the Diet Devotionals and they are wonderful!!! What book do they come from?
Great job on Melody's hair! Looks very nice.
I watch "little people, big world" and yes, I did see the little guy that Matt helped get adopted. It will be so cool when that little boy gets his voice!
I know that I am fairly new to your blog. But wanted you to know that I pray for your Izzy. She is so beautiful and precious. ((((hugs))))
Take care Annie and bless you.

Karen said...

Her hair looks amazing! I need to do something to mine...need to color to get the gray out, but don't want to go too far from natural...and I REALLY need to straighten it. This post-rain humidity make my head one big frizz ball. I just keep wrangling it into a pony tail:(

Peculiar Blogs said...

the hair looks great!! beautiful job! and I do get testy while dieting. Not only from being hungry but from the general feeling of being deprived. Thanks for the devo!

gail@more than a song said...

I laughed out loud about Judi's comment, about having her body without the work! Don't I feel like that most of the time!
Good job on the hair....wouldn't it be fun for all of us to come to you to get our hair done. Well, fun for us anyway!

Julie said...

i like Melody's hair. I think mine is almost long enough to do that. maybe you can cut it and re-highlight it the next time you're here.
Call me tomorrow b/c I have an eBay shipping question.
i won't be checking email, so call me.
love u
julie

A Captured Reflection said...

I love your devotions alongside your diet. What a fabulous idea to meditate on a verse and something God is saying too. You look so gorgeous already, I'm sure you don't have much to lose! I have lost 42lb so far. I am 4lb off the initial goal I set myself, which is the 'ideal' weight for my height and frame, but having had children, things aren't quite where they were, so I think I may need to drop a few more pounds after reaching goal to feel just right, if that makes sense.

Irene said...

I get so irritable when I get cravings, especially when everyone is grabbing food here and there and I try to restrain myself. It is so good to know that God can listen to those silly things too!

Barb said...

Hey! Niagara Falls is on THIS side of the border so that should be the end of those international cell phone charges, right? :-)

Justabeachkat said...

My problem is I love food and I think about it more than I should. I don't eat alot at one time, but I eat often. I'm like a baby who needs feeding about every 2 hours. I'm trying to change that. I hoping to eat healthier and make myself eat a little more at meal time and then stop the in between snacks. It adds up. Amazing how that happens :-)

Hugs!
Kat

Debi said...

Hope your daughter enjoyed Niagara Falls! It's an amazing beautiful place! I'll bet you're so anxious to see her!