Tuesday, June 26, 2007

diet devo day 17

"The Lord knoweth the days of the upright; and their inheritance shall be forever." Psalm 37:18

God honestly does know what we suffer through when we try to lose weight. He sympathizes with us in all our suffering, but He can also see the prize that awaits us. He knows the inheritance that is to come. Even when we have difficulty keeping our eyes focused on the goal, we can turn to God, who will strengthen us by His own strength. He always sees us as what we can potentially be: slim, trim, and healthy! It is important for us to try to see ourselves the same way God sees us. Remember, once weight is lost, the struggle is not completely over, but we need not ever return to obesity. The fruits of our labors, our inheritance, can last forever.

Today's thought: God wants to see us achieve our goal!

5 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

These diet devotionals are amazing! Each one seems to come at just the right time :-)

I'd love to know the name of the book and the author.

Hugs!
Kat

Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Annie...what a lovely blog you have! I love the idea of a diet devotional. Thanks for sharing! Hope you'll stop by my blog when you get a moment. :)

Jenny said...

Thank God He's for us in this battle; it's hard!! I need to remember this when I'm sitting at a restaurant with so much temptation staring me in the face. I know what I need to order before I go in, but so many times, I give in to what looks good. Kinda like trading my inheritance for a hamburger and fries...

Jenny said...

Ok, no "kinda" to it--that's what it is.

Peculiar Blogs said...

WOW. I never thought of that. I don't know why....But I love this one.