Saturday, May 26, 2007

weekend reflection~








Family~
  • Friday was the last day of school
  • I made these for Izzy's teacher's and therapists.
  • My mom & brother Mike ate lunch at Old germany, it was good. I was going to take a picture of my food but I ate it before I remembered (oops!).
Here is Mike in front of Old Germany...
Here is the front of the restaurant...
Here is mom waiting for our food.


  • Mom & I hosted a going away party for my aunt Colleen, she is moving to Denver, Colorado where her (grown) children live. She and her husband moved to Choctaw years ago to be close to some of her siblings (like my dad) and a few years ago her husband died (of cancer) so she has decided to move back to Colorado.
Amanda, mom & Colleen

Here's the spread of food we had (yum)!

  • Then... Matt's mom and her husband John came over for the afternoon ...
  • John cooked penne pasta with greek olives, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, and lots of garlic! I made my famous garlic bread!
  • They brought a box full of brownies from panera bread.
  • Do you see her ears... the decision was to give them to her! (the earrings)
Here is Gram with Emelia

Paula, Amanda, and John

Food~

  • I followed the mpm pretty well, except didn't make the chicken caccitore... Jenna's spaghetti was good again (Matt really enjoyed it).
  • I made this for the brunch today....If you look at that table full of food, I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear this was the only thing that was completely gone when the party was over. It was good....
  • Here is the recipe! I used some jalapeƱo bread and it was really good.


Blogville~
  • I got some good mail from Judi & Angel & Annie!
  • Jenna sent me a really neat believe sign & a pretty bow for Izzy!
  • Time travel Tuesday was good this week, lots of people played along!
  • Next Tuesday we will travel to a first time something happened in our lives... can you guess which one?
I'm thankful for~
  • Church at Cornerstone.
  • Summer
  • family
  • good mail
  • blog friends
  • irl friends
  • you!

Visit Judi for more weekend reflections...

19 comments:

Sonya said...

I'm proud of you for giving up the earrings you so loved! They look great on your MIL. The casserole looks yummy, as do all of the other things on that table! Mmm, mmm! I'm glad you were able to have lunch with your brother and mom! That's always a special treat!

ann said...

So I see you're thankful for CornerStone Church. Does that mean you've found a new church home? I am finding a place at LifeChurch! It feels good to feel like I have a place again!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful week you've had ~ lots of good eats, too!! Loved all the pictures!

A Captured Reflection said...

Wow, School break - is it the big summer holidays for you all? or a short break? We are in Term 2 of a 4 Term year here in NZ. We will have 2 weeks break at the beginning of July, another two late September and the summer holidays run from Late December to early February. Have a great break.

Michele said...

I really enjoy your blog! Don't even know you but wish I did!
http://weight-inggame.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Sounds like lots of wonderful things going on.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Annie, I loved reviewing your week with you.. I also hooked up to Weekend Reflection... stop by for a look. DJ

gail@more than a song said...

I love seeing all your pictures Annie! Matt's mom looks good with the earrings on!
And the party food, yummy.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Kerri said...

Sounds like you had a great week! I missed the gifts that you made earlier this week... but those are so great... beautiful and so thoughtful. Hope you have a great week next week!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Cornerstone?!?! Is that where you're going now? I saw last week or sometime that you said you enjoyed good music or worship or praise or something (you can tell I have such a good memory) and I wondered if you were talking about CCofC. I thought they must have really changed alot since I last visited. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've never been there.

Alice said...

Love all the pictures, Annie. I really like people photos, especially of families. You have a beautiful family.

I go to Full Gospel Assembly (FGA) in Kuala Lumpur and have been there for the last 7 years... It's a wonderful church with services held in English, Malay, Tamil and Filipino. There are many opportunities to serve in its various ministries too. I volunteer in the publications and Christian education ministries. :)

Blessings, Alice

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lovely and very full week! What a nice spread you put out!
Thanks for sharing all the pics.
Have a blessed holiday weekend,
Sheryl

Constance said...

All sounds good in your world, Annie ! *SMILES* to you and those you love --

Marcia Francois said...

ooh lovely food pictures - don't you want to please post your garlic bread reciupe? That is another one of my loves - garlic and bread!

So glad you gave the earrings - how did you decide???

Lovely family weekend!

Constance said...

Dear Annie,
Thank you for sharing that comment with me on my blog just now... That was really sweet.... Sometimes I asssume everyone else has it easy, and I am alone... And then I find out that so many of the brave and beautiful and loving souls I have been lucky enough to meet and intteract with in the cyber-world have gone through similar types of pain... And understand... And have survived... And it helps me heal and go forward and feel part of something real...
THANK YOU --

Constance said...

Dear Annie,
Thank you for sharing that comment with me on my blog just now... That was really sweet.... Sometimes I asssume everyone else has it easy, and I am alone... And then I find out that so many of the brave and beautiful and loving souls I have been lucky enough to meet and intteract with in the cyber-world have gone through similar types of pain... And understand... And have survived... And it helps me heal and go forward and feel part of something real...
THANK YOU --

Tori :) said...

I love the weekend reflection idea!!
I posted my water safety post on Saturday and I am not posting anything today in hopes of more people reading it. I know that I had 114 visits yesterday, so hopefully the word will be passed along.
Thank you again for the wonderful Good Mail!

Shawna said...

You have such a wonderful family. And look at all that good food! Mmm! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great week Miss Annie. Loved the pictures! Thanks for participating. Love ya!