Tuesday, May 22, 2007

this & that & more...

So, TTT yesterday was fun! Great participation! I think Karen was the only one with a suggestion for next week and it was one I had been thinking about. It has to do with firsts~that's all I'm saying for now :0)...

Well, the kids' bunny had baby bunnies the other day. Right now they are just movements in the 'nest' in the rabbit hutch. I'll have them take pics when they are more out and about. They read in a rabbit care book not to handle them for two weeks. I'm glad emelia read that! She's excited to get her hands on them.

The three legged pit bull had to have surgery last week. Yes, that means I actually had to spend money on that beast my hub loves so much. She had a prolapsed uterus. Gross right? It was. She had a complete hysterectomy or whatever you call it in the dog world. She's fine and back home... happy, and ugly :o).

Here's a pic of Amanda, I foiled and cut her hair the other night... I love it. (yes, she has on my new shirt!)

Took Izzy to bear Monday. He does really neat things. He tried to teach me some techiques to work with her hips and legs this week. I just tried some of them before her therapy and I'm getting the hang of it. He is really good at what he does. I took him some tortilla wraps this week. His wife said something about him not having sweets so I hesitate to take him something sweet. But, the wraps turned out great so that worked. I'm going to cheat and take him some of mom's cinnamon rolls soon.

Tomorrow is Izzy's last day of school. I'm off to work on her teacher and therapist's gifts. I'll show a pic of it tomorrow (I hope).

21 comments:

Dena said...

WOW! great job on the hair - Annie's last day is tomorrow too - I will worry about the gifts tomorrow
I have to worry about supper swap TONIGHT today! hahahaha - always something!

Anonymous said...

Great hair. I am starting to be jealous of all of your talents. I feel like a big loser. :)

Jill said...

A three legged pit bull with no uterus.. Annie, it's not funny....but it IS. Oh my goodness. And I love how you just matter-of-factly wrote about it. "Whatever you call it in the dog world" hee-hee

Haley said...

Amanda's hair looks great! How funny that your hubby's fave pet just had surgery. My hubby's kitty just came home from being fixed yesterday too!
LOL What we do for the love of our husbands! :-)

Have a great day!

Haley

Tori :) said...

Her hair looks great. I chopped my Izzy's hair a couple of weeks ago. :)
A 3 legged pit bull? Hmmm... sounds ugly.

Annie said...

I just have to add that not only is she an ugly pit bull with the use of only three legs, but that she has a hideous underbite and a big wart on her mouth that always looks like a tick. Ok, said it. (don't tell Matt I told you all that :o)

Christi said...

Her hair looks great! Good job!

Just wanted to stop by and say "hello" to you!

A Captured Reflection said...

Your daughter is stunning - she looks like her Mom!

Karen Hossink said...

"She's fine and back home...happy, and ugly."
I truly was LOL at that comment!

I can't believe how much you and Amanda resemble one another. Seriously, before I read that far I thought it was a picture of you ~ doing a little make-over or something. As I glance between both of your pictures, besides the smile being different, you look like the same person to me.
You're both beautiful. :)

As far as the book goes, take your time - whenever you can find a peaceful moment. And allow God to speak His love to you!

Robin Green said...

Amanda does look great--and typical teenage girl to be stealing your clothes! Mine likes to do that once in a while. I'm so glad that you like Bear so much--he sound like an excellent therapist/teacher! Have a great weekend--I won't be around until Sunday or Monday!

Anonymous said...

My pictures on your blog? Wow, I'm famous! lol.. jk.

-Amanda jane

Susanne said...

Gorgeous hair! You area a multi-talented lady! Wished you lived near me. I'd pay ya to do my hair!

gail@more than a song said...

Your daughter is so pretty! And you do hair too, you have endless talents! I paid way too much to get mine highlighted.
Yep, we wanna see pics of the gifts you did!

Truth said...

Amanda's hair turned out gorgeous! (I'm sure it helps that she is so pretty.)

Isn't it great to have a such great therapists and teachers? I am sure you are a blessing to them also.

Mandalyn said...

I love Amanda's hair! It's very flattering!

I'm so glad Izzy has such a good therapist in Bear!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Amanda's hair looks really good! You know I went to Duncan Brothers, right? Well, I've been doing everyone's hair ever since...for the cost of products or completely free...BUT, who does my hair? Yeah. I have to pay $100/month if I want mine done. :) I keep saying that I'm going to teach mom to weave (foil) so she can do mine. I wish I saw you every once in awhile...maybe we could trade services or something. Anyway...you do a good job. Melody's hair looked good, too...awhile back.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, baby bunnies! I want one, LOL! When we were at my inlaws this weekend, there was a baby bunny (about the size of my hand) all alone in their bushes. It stayed balled up under the same bush for hours. I felt so bad for it.

Love Amanda's hair! I wish you lived closer, I would love to have my hair done. :o)

Y'all have a good evening!

Jessica said...

You need to come and do my hair! hahah. Can't wait to see pics of the baby bunnies.

Sonya said...

Amanda looks so much like you! Her hair looks great! Your kids must know they have the coolest mom ever, right?!!! Glad the doggie is ok and back home.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is beautiful! Looks like you!
And WOW on her hair...gorgeous!
You are one talented lady...and sweet to boot!
Love the charms you made for the teachers/therapists.
Did I mention that you are one talented lady??? ;)

Jenny said...

Amanda Jane's hair looks great! You do such a good job. I like it when other people's rabbits have babies. I can't imagine having rabbits....or a pit bull.