Tuesday, May 15, 2007

show & tell & TTT & rosa & weight (ugh)

This day has been full of running & drama... oh well, I can wash the drapes in my bedroom tomorrow right?

Show & Tell...


So, first I thought I'd show you the pic that Izzy got for me at school for Mother's Day. The teachers in her class are the sweetest most wonderful women. They dress up the kids in class for mother's day each year. So cute. The little corsage is the one I mentioned Bailey got for me at church while we were in Dallas. It was so sweet that he held on to that corsage all morning and brought it home so I would have one too.














Bailey also had Terri (SIL) make me some white furry flip flops. He was very proud of himself.




Here's a plant I also received for Mother's day, I have almost killed it thanks to my purple thumb. I plan to take out the flowers that are dying and put something fakish in to add to the ivy. I think it is really pretty...










Amanda stayed home today for a couple of reasons... one was that she and my mother are watching my brother's two daughters this week while they are away on vacation. The oldest didn't sleep at all last night so they were both shot this morning, and also there was a bomb threat at her school and none of her friends were going today. I figured the threat was just a way to get a day out of school, but it's always better safe than sorry. We ran by Panera and then to Hobby Lobby. She got this stuff to do some scrapbooking...


rosa...

Did I mention the dog matt rescued a while back? Well, if not... Matt rescued this dog one night on his way home from a late night call out to work and it had a broken foot and it's collar was so tight he had to use snips to cut it off. It stunk and was bone thin. Now let me start by saying I am not a dog lover. I like our lady dog pretty well, but I have too much going on to give them much attention. Anyway, he noticed that things in her 'area' looked wrong the other day. I took her to the vet today and she has a prolapsed uterus (ick) so she is having surgery tomorrow. Her name is Rosa and the vet confirmed her breed for me today, PIT BULL! Now, you would also know if you have read any of my meme's or lists that I am very afraid of dogs. I'm not afraid of Rosa... she is just a growing girl. But, a pit bull? that's the breed I had my encounter with so you've got to be kidding me...

TTT...

I need some feedback... what do you guys think about for next week's TTT going back to our very first blog entry, showing it, and then describing what led you to begin your blog? Let me know if this sounds fun or if you have a better suggestion! (please?)

weight...

Last but not least... I weighed UGH. I am the same. I guess I expected it since we were out of town all weekend. I'll do better this week!

19 comments:

Susanne said...

Whoa, scarey about the pit bull! What are the odds of that being the kind of dog she would be?!

Susanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susanne said...

Oops that was me deleting above. For some reason it went on twice. I also wanted to say, you'll do better this week on the weight. How anyone can lose anything on any kind of holiday is too hard for me to fathom. You keep trying girl!

Anonymous said...

What sweet gifts you received! You are better than I am with the dog! I wouldn't have been nice enough to keep it!

Robin Green said...

I love the picture of Izzy-how very beautiful. The flip-flops are so cute, and the plant is lovely. I hope you will be able to keep it alive what with your purple thumb and all. Yikes about the dog, and yuck too. You are so sweet for taking care of it. Your weight will go down next week. Don't quit! The weekend away was most likely the culprit.

ann said...

The picture of Izzy is sweet! It's great when the kids do things (on their own) - makes a gift that much more special! I kept Chance out today, too - because of the threats. I work with the mother of another CHS student and she kept him out today as well. I'm with you - much better safe than sorry! I'm praying for you with the weight thing - I know how hard it is!
annb

Sara said...

Ok I found it :p Since I am new, I will go with whatever you all say :) I an new at the blog world, well been about a yr at it...

Jessica said...

Oh that picture of Izzy is absolutely precious!!! All the gifts look wonderful. WOW with that whole dog thing!! I love dogs but would be nervous of a pit bull!
And personally, I am so sucky on weight loss stuff, but I hope things go well with it this week for ya, it's hard I know!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Izzy. That was so sweet. I can tell that will be passed down through many generations, I'm sure.

Your TTT idea is a good one. I haven't been blogging that long but I would have *something to say* for that topic. :o)

Hope y'all had a good day today!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I prefer to think of her as a St. Francis Terrier, Annie left out the part that she is 3 legged, has a big heart and gives sweet kisses.

Matt P.

Annie said...

Gross Matt!

Anonymous said...

Awww...loved the pics! Thanks for sharing. I can understand your not being thrilled at having a pit bull!!

I love your idea for next week's TTT. I'm sorry I didn't get to participate today, had a super hectic day...and 18 was such a great year!! Maybe next week, I'll do a twofer :)

Karen Hossink said...

My kids came to me yesterday wanting to care for a baby bird who had fallen out of it's nest. I hear her chirping right now.
Please, Lord, don't let them bring me a three-legged Pit Bull in need of surgery!!!
I like your TTT idea.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

The picture is gorgeous! And I love the flip flops. As for the weight, have you been working out? Maybe you've gained some muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. You could still be losing inches. Just a thought :)

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who kills plants! You have a purple thumb? I have a BLACK thumb!

AND....WHAT?!?!?! A PIT BULL??!!??!! NO WAY!!!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Looks like you got some wonderful mother's day gifts.

Wow...A pit bull?

Linda

Anonymous said...

You got great gifts! Izzy is such a sweetheart.

Pit Bull???? Not. I am not a dog lover either.

TTT ~ sounds like a good idea! I am going to participate this coming Tuesday. Sorry I haven't yet!

Love ya!

Michelle said...

what great show and tell pictures! loved what you got from Izzy for Mother's day!