Thursday, May 31, 2007

a goulash-y post (a little of this, a little of that...) & SCT

Thank you so much for all your laughter my dear bloggy friends at my unfortunate experiences on Tuesday, it makes it all so much easier to bear knowing that my mistakes and misfortune cause you so much pleasure! No, seriously though... thanks for all the sweet comments! Life is pretty much back to some kind of normalcy, whatever that is.

sonic ice!!!
The new fridge is installed, it has food in it, the food is cold... it has even made a lot of ice! I tried out the filtered water in the door at 3 a.m. last night and I would give it a thumbs up! And regarding the old friend, two things I forgot to mention about that... 1) I did get dressed to go shop for a fridge and he was still with my dad visiting outside so I at least was able to show him I did know how to 'clean up,' and 2) the first thing out of my mouth when I stomped in the front room looking like I described was "don't look at me" Isn't that hilarious? I can't even believe I said that or that I am admitting it... but, it just came out of my mouth before my brain caught up. Oh well. I did take that lesson to heart and got dressed early yesterday morning so that I wouldn't be embarrassed when the refrigerator delivery people came. Good thing too! They came earlier than I expected.


Next subject... Sandra's slow cooker Thursday! I love my crock pot. I had crock pot meatloaf on my MPM for Tuesday night, but with the Memorial day cookouts it got bumped to last night. It was really good! I left it cooking while we went to church and everyone came home and ate it up! Even Amanda who hates meatloaf! (Bailey didn't eat it because, well, he doesn't eat meat...)
So, I already linked to it on my MPM... but, it was good enough to share it here. By the way, I also used the crock pot liner and those things sure make clean up easy! I used the foil over that because I thought it might be necessary for browning or something.

Crock Pot Meat Loaf

Ingredients:
2 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup italian breadcrumbs or crushed crackers
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion (diced)
1/4 cup water

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into a meatloaf shape that will fit into your crock pot. Cut a strip of foil and place under the meatloaf in crock pot. Cut it long enough to cover the bottom and sides of meatloaf. Place meat loaf in crock pot and top with an additional 2 tablespoons ketchup & chili sauce. Cover and cook on low for approximately 8 hours or high for four hours.

We've been putting Izzy in the stander that we borrowed from school a lot recently. Since we are home more with no school this is possible. This includes wearing the foot splints too, which I have to say she isn't thrilled about either. I do see her legs getting stronger, that is very encouraging. This is a pic of the stander. Our den is basically full of her equipment. It is tucked away everywhere and whatever we are 'using' at the time is just kinda in the middle of it all! I am getting used to it and it is just how things will be until we get her running around. I have said it before but feel it necessary to say again, "I believe Izzy will be restored completely through the healing blood of Jesus Christ, I believe that she has been healed by the stripes of Jesus, we are simply waiting and expecting the manifestation of this healing." If you don't agree with this, don't pray for her. I also don't need to be felt sorry for or talked out of my beliefs. These beliefs are based on God's word alone and have taken root deep inside me now, they will not be moved.

We went to church last night (cornerstone). There was a guest speaker. I am pretty aware of things so when they were having singing I noticed a gray haired gentleman standing by the pastor of the church ... I told Matt, "that guy has spunk, I hope he is the guest speaker." I was right! He did have spunk. His message was "shake it off and step up." He told a story about a donkey in a well that was being buried because they couldn't get him out and each shovel of dirt thrown down he shook it off and used it to step up until he was out of that well. It was a great motivational lesson and lots of good scriptures went along with it.

New topic... Amanda. She is leaving for montreal in less than two weeks and her passport has yet to come. We applied at the beginning of March and were told there was no problem and now here we are with a problem. I plan to spend the day on the phone trying to have it expedited. That and deciding how many american $ to change into canadian $'s have been the topics the last few days. We've been told she will need canadian money for niagra falls too. She is going with our church to visit our old preacher who has a church in montreal now. She is SOOOOO... excited.

Another thing I didn't mention is that Saturday on my way home from that brunch we hosted and while my mil was here, I got a letter from the health care authority stating that as of 5-31 Izzy no longer has tefra which is the program I had to jump through 8 months of hoops to get her approved for. Anyway, I couldn't call until Tuesday, because Monday was a state holiday but I finally found out that they deleted her from the system because I called when they mispelled her name "iszbell" instead of "isabelle" and that correction deleted her somehow. I was on the phone with them when I discovered the dead fridge and while I poured the gunk on Izzy. So, it was a fun morning all in all. I promise that is the last I'm going to say about that. ok?

In Light of the Truth
is hosting a weekly memory verse. I signed up! This week's scripture is:
Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Thank you Tori for the cd you mailed! It is such beautiful music, I can hear it playing on the kitchen cd player! (it is her husband playing) You are so sweet! I love good mail!

TTT next week I was thinking about memories of our fathers since father's day is around the corner. What do you think?

37 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Annie--
So glad your fridge is up and running. Mine died a couple of years ago and I know just how fun that is! Looking at your pictures it appears we have the same fridge--except mine doesn't make the crushed ice. Oh, glad you were able to redeem yourself in front of the old friend. ;)
Great news about using the stander with Izzy--many of those get used at the place where I work--maybe from there when she gets stronger, a gait trainer?
*smiles* and *blessings*

Anonymous said...

Oh, Annie, sweetie, you've had quite the week! your recipe sounds great, and I'm making crockpot turkey meatloaf this coming week! :)

I also believe that God can full restore your Izzy, and am praying for that with you!

I still want to participate in TTT just haven't had a chance to get to it yet...is it ok to post late on it?

Love ya!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

That was a very straightforward way of telling us your beliefs. I LOVE IT! I'm guessing people have been trying to "bring you to reality", downplay your expectations, undermind your beliefs...I don't really know, but all of those things have happened to me on other issues. It makes me want to shake these people and tell them to wake up!

I'm proud of you. (It seems weird being proud of your elder, but I can be, right?) I, too, believe that Jesus healed us when he went to the cross for us. I believe our Lord WANTS us to be physically well, just as He wants us to be spiritually well. We are all that stands in the way of that healing. (Not that YOU are standing in the way of Izzy being healed...just that people, life, sin over generations, etc.)

He told us the truth...I choose to believe!

Tori :) said...

You are very welcome for the cd. I'm glad you like it! :)
Definitely never let anyone try to talk you out of your beliefs. And I will continue to pray for Izzy.
Thanks so much for the swimming video. It arrived on Wednesday. :)

Renee said...

Your recipe looks wonderful. Hope your week gets better!

Anonymous said...

great recipe! Thank you so much for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Meatloaf in the crockpot beats heating the oven in the summer.


Looks good!


MJ

gail@more than a song said...

Glad the fridge is there and working! It looks good.
Your beliefs are right on, God's word is what we should be standing on and basing things on....good for you!
I hope you get the passport thing worked out...I think that department must be having problems. My friend's son applied for one in January to be used in May and it didn't come. They drove all the way to New Orleans to get it in one day, expedited. Her trip sounds fun!

Constance said...

Good Thursday morning Annie !

I'm glad you got the new fridge, and it is working well !

Nice that you had a chane to clean up and look like your pretty self ! I'm sure he thought it was cute that you were embarrased at first !

That is great news that Izzy's legs appear to be getting stronger !!!! Yeayyyyy !

You don't have to change your beliefs, Annie. They are what matters to you. If you believe it, feel it and see it, it is truth to you. Period.

The passport thing sounds frustrating ! Ugh. I hope they will expedite it for you, since it is already oversue ! Canada is supposed to be beautiful - I hope it is a lot of fun when she gets there !

Did you get the tefra re-instated ?

Hugs !

Sandra said...

definitely trying the meatloaf, I've never made it in the crockpot so I'm dying to try :)

Glad you got the new refrigerator up :)

I'm so glad that Izzy's legs appear to be getting strong, that's amazing, she's a sweetheart and such a fighter...go Izzy.

Hugs,

♥Sandra

My Trendy Tykes said...

Glad you got the new fridge! I am definately going to try the meatloaf soon. I also hope y'all get the passport stuff taken care of.

Linda

Marcia Francois said...

I've been checking my google reader constantly today waiting for the fridge update and here I got so much more!

Okay, you know I already love you but after this post, I really love you.

For the Izzy paragraph, of course. You stated everything I believe perfectly. Yes you did!

I was telling Dion about you and how blogging is actually so encouraging spiritually because I see women like you believing the same like we do, halfway across the world!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

I've never tried a meatloaf made in a slow cooker. I'll try this one! THanks for sharing!

Irene said...

Enjoy the blessings of a brand new fridge!

Anonymous said...

(((Annie))) ~ Okay, who's been trying to get you to change your beliefs??? Let me at 'em! LOL! Pay no mind to that stuff. You are truckin' down the right road and Izzy is proof of that! Pfffft on what other people think. They're not in your shoes and have no idea what y'all have been through. You'll always get my prayers and like you, I believe in my heart that Izzy will be able to run around and play again! Never give up that hope! :o)

I sure hope Amanda's stuff gets here. That would be so disappointing!

Glad the fridge is in place and working! It's nice and shiny and new! :o)

The TTT topic sounds good to me. My parents have been divorced since I was a baby but my Dad and I are super close now. I have *no* relationship with my Mom ... that's a whole 'nother story in my life, *sigh*. Anyway, My Dad reads my blog everyday and I think a TTT dedicated to Dads would bring lots of smiles! :o)

You have a good day!

Robin Green said...

Your new fridge is similar to mine--except mine is covered in magnets and pictures! I believe just like you do--and you already know I'm believing with you. I am getting ready to apply for my passport--my cousins--who just took my husband to Africa--encouraged me to get mine since--in her words--"You never know when a blessing might come up!" That's all I needed to hear! Hope Amanda's is here very soon.

Corrie said...

Hey Annie,
I like your new fridge. Sonic ice is the best. Hope you have a great day and that you get the passport stuff worked out. I'm still praying right along side you for sweet Izzy!

Anonymous said...

Ok I've been "lunking" some and just had to comment on the meatloaf recipe. My husband has been begging for meatloap and I've been scared to try it but I think I may have to try this one. Sounds really good and easy :)

Jodi said...

Love your fridge... it's just like mine. Gonna try the meatloaf recipe, it sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

I've never tried meatloaf in the crockpot ... may have to give that a shot!

Susanne said...

Yay for the new fridge and that meatloaf recipe sound yummy!

I hope everything got straightened out with Izzy's program they goofed up on.

Mari said...

Annie - I love your blog and will be stopping by again. I love this song by Michael W Smith. Keep on praying for Izzy - I'll add her to my list too.

Anonymous said...

What a nice new fridge! Good luck with Amanda's passport. I hope you will get it soon!

Anonymous said...

Your new fridge looks loverly!! And, I have to ask...what's with sonic ice? I keep reading about it, but have no idea what it is. We just got a sonic drive-in...does the ice come from them??
As to your faith...don't ever let it go!! You are right to stand strong...and one reason you're being fought is because you are doing more for eternity than you even know...exactly because of your faith!!
You've been such an inspiration to me....(((HUGS))) of appreciation!
And our family continues praying and believing with you for Izzy's healing.
Oh...and wishing your daughter a wonderful trip!

Sonya said...

Glad your fridge is back up and that you got dressed while the friend was still at your house! LOL! If anyone comes to my door before lunch, they should expect to find me just as your were!

As for Izzy, I agree with all you said. I believe God can restore her completely and my prayers are for that. She is blessed to have parents with strong beliefs such as yours, who will not, at any cost, give up on her. Thank you for that example.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are having better days! As far as your beliefs concerning Izzy....AMEN SISTER! I am right there with you. And I give you a big "WAY TO GO" for standing on what you believe. This is why I love ya!

Have you done the Bible study course on Faith by Kenneth Hagin?

Anyway....hope you are having a good day!

Haley said...

Yay for the new fridge, sonic ice, and not looking crumby in front of the fridge guys! :-)

Here's hoping that Amanda's passport comes in time...

Hope you have a great Friday!

Haley

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I too believe that God can restore Izzy. No, I KNOW it. I pray for it with you.
I'm sorry about the program.
On a lighter note, I'm totally jealous of your new fridge. Ours is barely hanging on and I covet your fridge :)

Kim said...

Hi again Annie--thanks for the prayers. My test came out fine and Sam & I made it home on the crazy interstate without being killed--came close a few times! ;) Oh, I forgot to mention that I love the baskets on the top of your fridge. How organized you look!
~smiles~

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear about the strength in Izzy's legs!

I think your beliefs are beautiful.

And, yea!, new fridge!

Anonymous said...

The way I found your blog originally is thru a comment you left on Especially Heather. I was so impressed with your faith and belief in scripture, I had to see what you're about! And I was amazed at Izzy's story. I believe with you and have seen it with my own eyes! God has miracles in store for you. And I'm' praying the exact same way as you!!

ann said...

What a great post, Annie! It's always good to read of your faith in our Lord and His healing power bring Izzy to full recovery. That is my prayer for Izzy as well and I truly believe that she will be healed! Kaitlin's going to Montreal, too. I know they'll have an amazing trip!
annb

Susan said...

Oh Annie, I'm a fairly new reader of your blog but I have to say AMEN to your paragraph about your faith of Izzy healing and especially saying - if you don't agree with me don't pray for her. AMEN what us faith people don't need is "double minded people" speaking negative things. Faith IS NOW!!!God is good and God is great.
Susan

Jenny said...

Well, well, encouragement all the way around. Seems God is increasing faith in the women of this world (not to leave the men out), and I'm so excited. And I'm with you-if you can't pray for total healing, don't block the miracle with a lesser prayer. We're believing for BIG things! He can do more than we dream or imagine according to His power that is at work within us (Eph 3:20) and I think He's increasing our knowledge of just how much power we've always had access to, but been lied to by the devil. I love you.

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to have a running fridge, isn't it? And I like the way the baskets look on top. I think I will try that. I have tons of baskets.

The meatloaf idea is a great one! My husband loves meatloaf and I know I don't make it for him nearly enough.

I'm so happy to hear that Izzy's legs are getting stronger. She's such a cutie!

Sherry

Joyful Days said...

Coming in late, but wanted to let you know--I am praying for Izzy. Believing.

Also--lifting up Amanda and her trip. I went to Canada right after my senior year with a small group and had such a memorable trip. We visited Montreal and Niagra Falls, and also Toronto.

Glad to hear the new fridge is working well.

~Blessings~
Julie

KC said...

Hi Annie.. sorry I'm a bit late here.. been crazy here again.
I like the fridge, bet it is nice to have one that is working.
Hope Amanda's passport gets there for you. I only live 5 hours from Niagra Falls so we don't need a passport(just yet) to cross the boarder by land. I hoping to take the family up there again before we need passports.. because once we need them I don't see us ever going, way too much $$ for the 6 of us.
Yes.. I believe that God will make Izzy whole, In His Time. So Yes I'll keep praying for her :)