Friday, May 4, 2007

Friday's Feast~








Appetizer
Name something you would not want to own.

A mean dog! At the end of my senior year in high school, I went to a friend's house one evening... I was walking up the sidewalk and heard someone say, "watch out for the dog." I looked down and noticed that their guard dog (usually in the back fence) was in the path and was showing his teeth. I wasn't afraid of dogs so I just smiled and kept walking, that's when it happened! He locked his pit bull jaws around the front of my leg. The owner came and ripped him off me taking part of my flesh with him. The next few hours were a blur... I remember looking down at my white ked and it was red, and then being in the ER. I am now terrified of dogs and will climb buildings or scale fences if I feel threatened by one.

Soup
Describe your hair (texture, color, length, etc.).

fine, curly/wavy, medium long (needs a trim)... I don't know how I ever grew up without a chi. I just got a new pink one in the mail yesterday! yea! But, when I get my hair done the stylists always want to maximize my curls and I come out to quickly tuck it into a ponytail. I really wish it was naturally straight, but have learned a few techniques that keep it from looking frizzy when I straighten it so it's not so bad and I have a lot more things to be concerned about than my hair texture...

Salad
Finish this sentence: I’ll never forget ___________.

I'll never forget May 16, 2004.

Main Course
Which famous person would you like to be for one day? Why?

I can't think of anyone... It would be fun to be a great singer for a day and enjoy the ability to sing beautifully, it would be fun to be a young beautiful model for a day and be able to look in the mirror at near perfection, it would be great to be someone like Oprah who has $$ at her disposal and is recognized everywhere she goes, or to be a political leader and have influence in national government, but overall I don't think I would want to be anyone else famous or not for even a day because there are strings attached.

Dessert
Write one sentence about yourself that includes one thing that is true and another thing that is not.

I am a tall gorgeous blond woman.



30 comments:

Gattina said...

I felt like in a horror movie looking at that dog picture ! Can imagine that now you are afraid of dogs !

Blaine Le Roy said...

I'm sorry you had a bad dog experience.... a dog is a reflection of the person who owns it. Pit Bulls get a bad rap for being viscious.... but look at the type of person who generally owns one to really know why.
Great feast>

Linda said...

I know how horrible it is to be afraid of dogs. But my fear is of birds.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh wow, that is horrible about the pit bull! I don't blame you one bit, I'd be the same way. That's one reason I always want to get a retriever of some flavor. I have found them to be protective, but never harmful, and mostly just very gentle loving dogs. I totally would NEVER want to own a pit bull.

Hey, the Dessert was supposed to have a false statement in it. Silly Annie. Unless you're just a little on the short side )

Have a great day!

Lana said...

you're not tall?

Haley said...

Annie,

Great feast! I know exactly what you mean about dogs, my brother was attacked by a dog when he was just 18 months old and still has a giant horeshoe shaped scar on his head to prove it. Crazy stuff dogs are.

I'm jealous of your pink Chi! Mine is just boring black.

Have a great weekend!

~Haley

Anonymous said...

Okay, what is a "chi" and do I need one? My hair is WAY curly.....definitely has a mind of it's own. Give Izzy a squeeze for me!

Jane said...

Great feast! I don't like mean dogs either. Ours is a real love!
I assume, from your dessert, you are not tall!!!!

Jenny said...

Love txmommy's response to all this!!!
And "my" chi is borrowed from Mandalyn who doesn't have enough time to do her hair with 2 small chicklettes around. I'm very much enjoying it, but desperately need to get my own so I can give hers back. My hair is straight as a board; I would LOVE some curl to it!!

Jenny said...

Oh, yea, I too, was attacked by a dog. A bulldog, no less! :)
I did manage to avoid an attack by a pit bull; I would be wearing the scars of my rebellion to this day if God hadn't intervene.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I've seen your picture and your dessert is 100% true :)

Anonymous said...

I was going to put PittBull down as an answer for Appt. too. I had a bad experience.
Enjoyed your feast.
I'm guessing you are not tall! :)
Have a Happy Friday!

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm afraid of bit bulls because I heard how fierce they could be and their jaws actually lock when they bite. I'm so sorry that the encounter led to your phobia to dogs.

I followed the link to Izzy's story. I'll pray for her quick recovery. I also posted a comment on that page.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing! I have hair that could not be any straighter. I always wanted curls. Seems like those with curls want it to be straight! I guess the grass looks greener...

Anonymous said...

How scary! Dogs scare me and I haven't even been attacked by one. I can only imagine the depth of your fear!!

Now, I have to say that you cheated BIG time! I know you're tall, you're blonde, you are a woman, and you're gorgeous! Young Lady, there's no false statement here! Why on Earth you would be so compelled to cheat is beyond me! LOL!!!

ribbiticus said...

great feast! love your visuals! come dine with me! ;)

Corrie said...

Girlie,
I hope you are short because we all know you are gorgeous and blonde!

Annie said...

I'm 6'1" tall, I did not put this on my dessert so everyone could say how pretty I was, promise! I am not dog faced ugly or anything... just not in the gorgeous category. that's all.

Unknown said...

Mean doggie! Great post with the pics and stuff!!!

have a great day!

Robin Green said...

Jealous of that pink chi--mine is black, but I couldn't live without it. Sorry about the dog experience--they scare me too. You are lovely--just like everyone has said!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy visiting your blog, it's such a peaceful experience.

I am so sorry you had that horrible experience with the dog. My baby actually got bit by a Scotty about a month ago right in the face, she loves dogs so much though, that as soon as she stopped crying, she went right back for him. Crazy kid! :) I guess that's the beauty of baby, short term memory! :)

Take care,
Amy

Karen Hossink said...

I was going to guess, too, that you must be short. But I'd say 6'1" qualifies as tall.
Although I've only seen a few pictures online, I have also seen your heart and I'd say they combine to qualify you as BEAUTIFUL.
By the way, there is NO WAY I'm going to put a video clip of myself singing on my website. People tell me I have a lovely voice, but honestly, whenever I hear a recording of myself I have the notion that I should never sing again. I'll do whatever I can to avoid hearing myself - and that especially includes my website!

Anonymous said...

Love all of your answers!! Have a great Friday...

Marcia Francois said...

The first thing I thought when I read your feast was, "she must be short, then". Did I not tell you just the other day your Amanda takes after her gorgeous mum?!

I need one of those pink things too - I have very curly hair.

Joseph C. Harris said...

Great Feast...that is one mean looking dog. Thanks for visiting my feast.

alisonwonderland said...

hey, i think you're beautiful too!

very scary dog story. :(

have a great weekend!

Sonya said...

Scary doggie!

Hyperactive Lu said...

that dog story is awful! i'd be scared of dogs too!

Melody said...

Hi Annie, thanks for stopping by my blog. Indeed the pic of the doggie looks scary!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved your feast! I would never want to own a mean dog either. When I was a kid and would walk home from elementary school, a mean dog chased my friend and me many times. It was not pleasant.