Saturday, March 3, 2007

Weekend Reflection #4



Whew... what a week!

I guess I'll start at the beginning :) Last Sunday we were facing Izzy's new therapy programme. It is exciting and a little intimidating to start over with a different set of exercises and the cross pattering and assisted crawl honestly seemed daunting to me based on the two hours of crying she displayed when the Australian's were demonstrating the exercise. Sunday evening she did cry quite a bit but did great on the assisted crawl. She did the full 20 ft. Had a recuperative swing by Matt while I got her dinner ready.

Monday was another great day, horse riding for Izzy. They are great at the horse therapy place. I was even able to grab some broccoli cheese soup in Edmond for Emelia on the way home (it's her favorite). I brought Amanda some too, she sweetly said, "thank you." Then Emelia's bus came home and she saw the Jason's deli bag on the table and did a celebration dance. I told Amanda that that was a better response :) Izzy did great again on the assisted crawl, crying less...

Wednesday I took Izzy to the dentist. She did really well and even let them xray her little teeth. She will be getting dental work done in a couple of weeks. I'm so ready to get this done and she is too. Wednesday night Izzy did so good on the assisted crawl. She hardly cried and moved her legs more. It was so exciting!

Thursday I got a letter for a luncheon for Amanda's high school. She is in the national honor society and they are having a lunch in April. She has a 4.0 gpa! Go Amanda! Another good day for Izzy, school and therapy. Bailey also had a great day... he has started track this year (junior high) and is doing pole vaulting. He made it over the wire today and was very excited. I'm so pleased he is enjoying track! Anything to get him away from his wii for a little bit :)

Along with the usual on Friday... therapy and kid transporting... I laid down Friday night to go to sleep and Matt was already sleeping. He rolled over and said, "Annie, can I tell you something?" (I thought oh no, what have I done now :o) I said, "ok." He said, "I sure do love you, I can't say that enough. You are a sweetie." That's a nice way to end the week huh?

I am blessed.

If you want to join in on 'weekend reflections' you can see more at Judi's awesome blog!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Great job, Matt! Good way to end the week. : )

Robin Green said...

Let me say first that I like the new look--again!! Second, you and your Amanda look a lot alike! Third--it sounds like such a nice encouraging week! Fourth, I saw this weekend reflections thing and was planning to participate as well! Talk to you later!

Robin Green said...

Oh--and Susie at Bluebird Blogs will be designing a new look for me as well but it will take a couple months!

Arlene said...

You really do have your hands full, and it sound like you have great kids, so you must just really kick major butt :-) Congrats on the therapy progress, the 4.0, and the clearing of the wire :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good, but busy week for you!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! It sounds like you had so many good things to look back on this week. The kids are doing fabulously! I am happy for you. Thanks for participating. Give those kids big squeezes!

Anonymous said...

What a nice week you had. Matt's comment was precious! I bet that just melted your heart! What a sweet husband! :o)

I've been out and about all day and haven't been able to do my WR for today. Guess I'll just skip this week, LOL.

Leann said...

love your blog.just stopped by to say hi.have a great week.God bless.

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the party!!! Nice meeting ya.

My second party favor give-away has begun. When ya get a chance come on over and let's party!!!