Thursday, March 15, 2007

Slow Cooker Thursday~ chicken curry












...I made the San Fransisco pork chops that were on my menu last night. I somehow forgot they were supposed to go in the crockpot so I scrambled to get it done... they did turn out really great and I imagine I will make them again (in the crockpot this time!) This recipe is on my menu for dinner tonight and I think it will be good. This will be the third time I have cooked with curry and the first two times I enjoyed the smells and flavors of this spice.


Slow Cooker Chicken Curry






chicken
1 jar (16 oz.) Salsa
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. curry powder
1 cup Sour Cream
PLACE chicken in slow cooker. Combine salsa, onions and curry powder; pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
COOK on LOW for 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).
REMOVE chicken to serving platter; cover to keep warm. Add sour cream to slow cooker; stir until well blended. Serve over the chicken. I'm serving mine with rice & veggies... maybe a salad too!

You can go to Sandra's SAHM blog to sign up and then post your favorite slow cooker recipe, this has been so great ~ learning all these new and easy recipes! My next step is creating a notebook instead of keeping them all on my favorites.


post signature

6 comments:

Michelle said...

this sounds absolutely wonderful!

By the grace of God ... said...

This looks yummy ... I like curry but have never cooked anything with it myself, I might have to try! And guess what the store has roasts on sale!! You know what I am making, right? LOL!

Unknown said...

This recipe looks great and adaptable. I love that.

Sandra said...

Oh yummo, I LOVE LOVE curry.

Annie, if you love Curry then be sure to give my Curry Recipe a try....I make it ALL the time and hubby and the kids absolutely LOVE it.

Chicken Curry

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Annie, this looks beautiful! I'm going to have to give it a try...I have chicken thawing for tomorrow night's dinner....I think that I'll make this with it! Thanks!

Jenny said...

I had to laugh when you said that next time you would use the crockpot! I have done that exact thing so many times!! I love curry so I'll have to give this recipe a try...thanks!!