Thursday, March 22, 2007

It's over...

Whew... what a day. I am so glad that is behind us, particularly Iz.

We arrived at Deaconess Hospital early this morning and they took Izzy in the room to prepare her for the surgery about 9:00 a.m. They were so sweet to her, they put a warmed blanket on her and gave her a pink bunny puppet. She acted very calm and relaxed as they wheeled her to the surgery room. The dentist was very sweet and let us know as soon as he was finished.

The worst part of the day was coming into the recovery area to see her afterwards. She was crying so much it was heartbreaking. Her little mouth was so swollen and her eyes were as well. She was scared and coming out of the anesthesia. I finally maneuvered around the IV and monitors to hold her and after an hour of crying she was finally ready to head home. We put her Dora DVD on for the ride home and she was pretty calm.

I waited about an hour to try to feed her anything and she was hungry. Her little mouth looks so odd to me now, without her front teeth. She looks like a snaggletooth, it will be cuter when the swelling goes down. Of course she is always precious and beautiful to me... with or without swelling :) .

This is the pic Matt took on the way home with my

phone camera.

Kind of blurry but you get the idea...




Thanks to everyone who prayed for her. One comment the dentist said was how amazingly she did with the whole thing and that he could tell she was incredibly healthy. She is. I praise God daily for her good health. She is on a very nutritional diet too, along with JuicePlus nutritional products. She is the healthiest of all our children.


post signature

9 comments:

ann said...

Annie, I'm rejoicing with you over the good outcome today! I posted over on Izzy's blog, but again want to say how glad I am that she is on JuicePlus!

Robin Green said...

I thought about you guys several times today. I'm so glad you posted an update quickly! Glad all went well and you are home. Praying that Izzy heals quickly!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about y'all all day. I'm so glad y'all are home and that Izzy did so well. Good hospital staff really makes a difference. I'm so glad y'all were blessed with caring doctors and nurses! I hope Izzy sleeps good tonight and that you get some well needed rest!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it's over and that it went well. I remember when Alex had dental surgery when she was 5. I was shocked at how swollen she was.
I hope Izzy's pain goes away very soon.

Love you all,
Julie

Jenny said...

WoooHooo!!! I was so pleased to see that Izzy did well in surgery! I thought about you all a lot today....sending hugs your way!!

Irene said...

Oh Annie,
I haven't read about Issy's procedure! I am so glad everything went well. I shall be praying for her full recovery.

Amberly said...

Glad to hear that Izzy is home and made it through the procedure so well!

Anonymous said...

Praising God with you that all went well for Izzy!!
I know you're glad to have that behind you!!

Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear she did so well. That would have had me in tears as well - seeing her afterwards like that. Kayla was crying coming out of her anesthesia too, but not too bad. Nothing like the boy next to her - they said he woke up kicking and swinging!

give her some extra hugs from us!