Friday, March 30, 2007

FIF~Strawberry Cake


I don't like fruit, I don't eat anything with fruit in it! But, this is my husband's favorite cake and I make it for his sister's birthday too. It is requested a lot! I decided to start pulling my recipes from the 'vault' (aka my handwritten recipe book given to me at marriage) that only has my very best recipes. Next week I'm going to post my mom's chocolate sheet cake recipe that has equal billing... then maybe cinnamon rolls that have won awards... then... we'll see





Strawberry Cake~

1 white cake mix
1 pkg. strawberry jello
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. water
4 eggs
frozen strawberries (most of package, save some for icing)

Icing~
1/2 c. butter
dash salt
1 small box powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk (or more/less for texture)
remainder of strawberries.

Mix cake ingredients in order given, bake at 350 45-50 minutes or until done. I usually make this in a bundt pan which needs to be well greased and floured.

Mix icing ingredients and pour over warm cake.


You can visit Overwhelmed for more recipes.


post signature

11 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

Ok, I want some of this cake now!

Linda

Anonymous said...

YUM! I love strawberry cake! I am printing this recipe out right now! Thanks!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Oh, Yum! This looks delicious and now I want cake :)

Anonymous said...

Oo, strawberry! This sounds and looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing! =)

Robin Green said...

Can you pass me a fork please?

Leann said...

O that cake looks yummy and I will take it down and try it.I love to have things to try at family get togethers.have a great weekend God bless.

Anonymous said...

This looks great Annie. This is such a good time of year for strawberries.

Joyful Days said...

I know someone who will love this. Great recipe.

Overwhelmed! said...

This sounds like a perfect spring dessert! Yummy!

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Jenny said...

That cake looks and sounds great!! I'm printing your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

MMMMM!!! This sounds sooooo good! Thanks for sharing. I'm putting it in my favorites right now and maybe will try it this weekend to serve to my guests :)